Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyone explained what, specifically, they love about the EU yet? Or why exactly they voted Remain?

Thought not.

I’ll pop back in another 1000+ pages of vague ‘the EU is utopia’ nonsense...
If you haven’t seen it it’s not because it’s not there and I doubt that anyone other than the brexiters have described it as a utopia.
Personally any doubts I had about voting remain was dispelled when it became clear who was voting for leave. 3 of whom Johnson, Gove and Farage now love the nhs despite previously calling for its privatisation.

But staying in travel. Live work and retire anywhere in Europe.(thanks a bunch for ******* that up)
Largest and closest trading partner, and us being used as the wider worlds gateway to Europe. Like the Japanese and the Americans. Also because of being in the Eu we get to use previously made trade arrangements with the wider world and other non Eu countries.

Being in the Eu didn’t restrain our arms trade with KSA and elsewhere.
Quality products at regulated prices. Power and energy security

We had influence over the Eu’s decisions in Europe and the world.

We had opt outs

Workers rights, pay and break allowances all guaranteed by the eu
Standardised food additives and animal welfare standards.
There’s tons more.
Much more than they’re spending our money. We give them about 8bn a year

It’s 0.5% of our GDP that’s what goes to Europe.
Hth

Fuchs and swissian for example, oh and Kromeriz too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
You called?

Look if you want to get on with "your" Brexit, fill your boots! As I've said it is unlikely to affect me much, however badly it works out (mainly due to the precautions I've taken in the last couple of years). It is keeping me very amused though! :D

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes. It is all us, the Leavers, faults.

We should worked harder and made our politicians build more houses, schools, roads, hospitals and customs' sheds for the 8,000,000 foreigners already here that get mandated and legally enforced preferential treatment for public services.

We should have refused to accept any pay rises and improvement in working terms and conditions; we should have told the government that our N.I. payments should not be used for the native tax payers' benefit but solely for all the people who have moved to these shores, who have never nor their antecedents ever paid a single penny into the system; we should have simply accepted that 8 million foreigners moving here would not affect the natives' wages rates and aspirations; what will we do now there's a chance to get rid of 3,000,000 of "them".

Yes. It is the Leavers' faults that the Remainers have accepted lock, stock and the smoking barrel the lie of multi-culturalism.... Yes, do go on.... and give your head another wobble.
So it was about immigration then.

A large chunk of the UK is happy to be leaving the EU and many other people have passively accepted it. I don't think too many people (apart from the the more extreme examples of the snowflake generation) will be overly upset.

And strangely enough the number of people who said "we'll leave the UK if you vote for Brexit" and have actually done so is minuscule.

Finally, once we're out, we won't be going back in. To be readmitted, we'd have to sign up to the euro and Schlengen - two reasons many people hit the exit button.

Wordsmith
Don't worry, I'll welcome you back when reality hits! I'll offer lessons on the metric system too, very competitive rates! ;)

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
and yet the EU is constantly drip, drip, dripping the narrative that we should be obligated. Solidarity brother. We have no obligation, I get why we helped Ireland, but does that mean we won't repeat that precedent with another country? And what of the British (and other sensible, non-EUrozone, nation's) money, used to bail out Greece (against our wishes) but guaranteed by EUrozone countries. What happens should a domino effect occur and more than one country go belly up? And that non-Eurozone money can't be repaid?
We helped ireland because it was a good idea and we made a profit and goodwill. They paid it back early.

We never had and wouldn’t ever have any requirement to bail anyone out. You’ve been told this regularly, yet you repeat it again and again. It’s not true,

D

Deleted 154930

If you haven’t seen it it’s not because it’s not there and I doubt that anyone other than the brexiters have described it as a utopia.
Personally any doubts I had about voting remain was dispelled when it became clear who was voting for leave. 3 of whom Johnson, Gove and Farage now love the nhs despite previously calling for its privatisation.

But staying in travel. Live work and retire anywhere in Europe.(thanks a bunch for ******* that up)
Largest and closest trading partner, and us being used as the wider worlds gateway to Europe. Like the Japanese and the Americans. Also because of being in the Eu we get to use previously made trade arrangements with the wider world and other non Eu countries.

We had opt outs

There’s tons more.

Hth
Funny, when I knew Blair, Cameron and wee Sturgeon were voting remain, it dispelled any of my wavering thoughts.

We had opt outs

There’s tons more.

Hth
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the level of stupid we find in the gullible remainers. Jesus Titty Christ...they had the brass neck to say we didnt know what we were voting for.o_O

Its the governments, but what possible reason did they do it for ? could that be the first example of good faith ?? s

So your government acts in good faith and you laugh at there stupidity (i happen to agree with you), then offer them no support each instance the EU acts in bad faith.
It should have been clear from the very start that Brexit was going to be a cake and arrse party and even clearer after last year's disaster of an election. It would be nice if HMG could actually decide what it wants to do, then perhaps I could consider whether to support it or not.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the level of stupid we find in the gullible remainers. Jesus Titty Christ...they had the brass neck to say we didnt know what we were voting for.o_O
So what did you vote for?
Two years of the country’s government being paralysed by Brexit. The government in bits. A Corbyn resurgence. The collapse of the pound. Slowest growth in the G7.
Ten years to exit the Eu.
The ruination of our diplomatic social and foreign reputation

A collapse in business confidence.
The disappearance of the Foreign Secretary on the day of a big vote.

Those were all facts, you lot can’t even decide on your level of fantasy.
‘Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat’
Listening to you bluster is just listening to that noise. I’ve heard it before, face it.
You’ve had it.

[SLIGHT DRIFT]

I like this bloke . . .

Prime Minister Viktor Orban said on Slovak commercial television TA3 on Sunday that the reason why he was being targeted by Brussels was that he stands firmly by the policies of the Hungarian government and the Visegrad Group, which he said were more successful than those of western Europe.

“Some of the criticisms are levelled at me not because of Hungary, but because of the V4,” Orban said in a discussion with his Slovak counterpart Peter Pellegrini. “They’re attacking us because we’re successful. Let’s not forget that there’s also competition within the European Union,” the prime minister added. “There are some who are hurt by central Europe’s rapid progress.”

Orban said the V4 would have to withstand the pressure coming from Brussels, while western Europe should accept that the V4 are currently the engine of the EU economy without whom the bloc would not be experiencing any economic growth.

Orban: V4 must withstand pressure

[/SLIGHT DRIFT]
Completely missing the point that their growth was funded by the cohesion fund, paid for by the EU and of which, the UK has been taking advantage.

Orban is a tw*t and thankfully Baby Meciar AKA Fico is being consigned to history the thieving c*nt.

Those businesses have stopped investing in the UK completely....
wid.JPG

D

Deleted 154930

It should have been clear from the very start that Brexit was going to be a cake and arrse party and even clearer after last year's disaster of an election. It would be nice if HMG could actually decide what it wants to do, then perhaps I could consider whether to support it or not.
You won't find me disagreeing with you on the shower of shoite this government has displayed. It broadly thought good faith and british diplomacy, would do the deal, its very nice and I am oddly disappointed the more reasonable wing of the remainers didn't respond to that.

But as others have said big boy politics is the reality. The EU is a ruthless, relentless bunch of bstards and the UK Government need to either do what you want and just surrender, or stand up, anything else is failing.

Polls are accurate at the time they are asked and for the question they are asked. Weighting is also a valid technique and used in fields other than surveys. I would question the abilities of someone who tried to model a population without transforming their sample data to represent said population.
Polls are not necessarily accurate that the time that they're asked. At the last GE that May inadvisedly called, most were pointing to a substantial Tory majority right up to the last moment. It was only the exit polls that accurately pointed to a hung parliament.

Wordsmith

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 252
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464