Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Don't think this requires any comment . . . . ;) !!

A large chunk of the UK is happy to be leaving the EU and many other people have passively accepted it. I don't think too many people (apart from the the more extreme examples of the snowflake generation) will be overly upset.

And strangely enough the number of people who said "we'll leave the UK if you vote for Brexit" and have actually done so is minuscule.

Finally, once we're out, we won't be going back in. To be readmitted, we'd have to sign up to the euro and Schlengen - two reasons many people hit the exit button.

Wordsmith
A large chunk of the population is not happy to be leaving the UK, 17m are.

Sounds peachy. You have 277 days, how's it going? How many do you expect to have in place from day 1?

Who is the UK voice for Brexit even ? 'Leave' have had two years since the vote, and that is STILL a multiple choice question. is it TM, DD, JRM, Boris, Dr Fox? FFS, yesterday we were treated to the Health secretary giving his views.

No wonder it's not going quite to plan...
There was a plan?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
NATO didn't stop at the Rhine either

Looks like it stopped at the Irish Sea though!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
A large chunk of the population is not happy to be leaving the UK, 17m are.
But most of that large chunk couldn't be arrsed to have their say when it counted so you can't really state that they are all Remainers. Leavers could say that they were all Brexit fans.

I love that people that don't live here and have made a new home overseas think that their views of my future matter.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I love that people that don't live here and have made a new home overseas think that their views of my future matter.
Fuchs and swissian for example, oh and Kromeriz too.

NATO didn't stop at the Rhine either
The ECSC predated the admission of West Germany to NATO by 3 years. As the forerunner to the EEC and EU, it was created specifically to make war (between France and Germany) 'not only unthinkable but materially impossible'. I heard they were a bit punchy before...

So has the EU and it's predecessors fulfilled its founder's vision, and helped maintain peace in Western Europe? Particularly in its early days, I think so.

I believe we have significantly more EU citizens in the UK (4 million) than there are UK citizens in the EU. That's because many of those EU nationals have come to the UK from countries like Poland, Romania and Bulgaria where living standards and employment opportunities are significantly worse than the UK. Not all of these will return, but even a million returning because their qualifications are no longer valid will have an impact on both the EU and the UK.

The UK will have a skills shortage as those that will return will be the qualified economic migrants. Instead, I suspect we'll just take qualified applicants from the US and the Commonwealth countries. Even if the reciprocal qualification issue is sorted out, the jobs will have been filled by then.

The EU will suffer a fall in income as many of those currently in the UK are sending back money to support family in those countries they are originally from. They'll also boost the unemployment figures in those countries as they won't have jobs to go back to.

Wordsmith
Please tell me where it says anyone will have to leave or return? It's those who want to move after Brexit that will need to have verified qualifications rather than those already in work.
The Brectums favourite reading material:
Daily Express: UK residents who complete training after Brexit face not having their qualifications recognised, while those who graduate before the divorce don’t.
Daily Mail: The move would hit those scheduled to complete their training after the UK's exit, the document said.

Continue making things up as much as you want. Medical professions won't be affected at all and it's only those who seek employment in the future that would be affected, just like all non-EU countries without an agreement have to do. Like they currently have to show the work can't be done by a qualified EU citizen which UK won't be.

And it's only if UK leaves with no deal being struck but you'll be happy to know all those dance instructors and bouncers currently working in the EU will be safe. Phew!

[SLIGHT DRIFT]

I like this bloke . . .

Prime Minister Viktor Orban said on Slovak commercial television TA3 on Sunday that the reason why he was being targeted by Brussels was that he stands firmly by the policies of the Hungarian government and the Visegrad Group, which he said were more successful than those of western Europe.

“Some of the criticisms are levelled at me not because of Hungary, but because of the V4,” Orban said in a discussion with his Slovak counterpart Peter Pellegrini. “They’re attacking us because we’re successful. Let’s not forget that there’s also competition within the European Union,” the prime minister added. “There are some who are hurt by central Europe’s rapid progress.”

Orban said the V4 would have to withstand the pressure coming from Brussels, while western Europe should accept that the V4 are currently the engine of the EU economy without whom the bloc would not be experiencing any economic growth.

Orban: V4 must withstand pressure

[/SLIGHT DRIFT]

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
There's thousands of them.
I was just on about those on here that I know of, I forgot about those living in Canada.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 253
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464