Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
One in 3 German cars and more than one in 3 EU27 cars produced goes to the UK. And after March 2019 , no one will buy one. Not a person?
That seems fanciful.
People buy based on price and convenience. In addition there isn't a lot of brand loyalty in car sales. People will buy Brand X for one car and Brandy Y for the next. Add into the mix a certain steadily growing resent for the EU and an interruption of imports due to different procedures coming into play at the point of import, and I suspect a significant drop in sales of imported cars will result.

Obviously no-one will stop buying Germany cars, but suspect there will be a very significant drop in sales of cars imported from the EU, aided and abetted by newspapers like the Sun and express running 'buy British' campaigns to induce people to buy cars manufactured in the UK (even if they have a Japanese badge on them).

Wordsmith

maybe. Or we'll organise trade agreements. It's all cool.
Sounds peachy. You have 277 days, how's it going? How many do you expect to have in place from day 1?

Who is the UK voice for Brexit even ? 'Leave' have had two years since the vote, and that is STILL a multiple choice question. is it TM, DD, JRM, Boris, Dr Fox? FFS, yesterday we were treated to the Health secretary giving his views.

No wonder it's not going quite to plan...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Balkans moved to the Rhine did it?
Kuwait is nowhere near the Rhine, but it didn't stop thousands of troops from BAOR getting sent there. Next nonsensical question.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Kuwait is nowhere near the Rhine, but it didn't stop thousands of troops from BAOR getting sent there. Next nonsensical question.

Was replying to the @PhotEx straw man argument that the ECSC wasn't effective at preventing war in Western Europe because of something that happened in Eastern Europe 40 years later.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Brexiteers, contemptible morons who will should be put work in the fields until some sense penetrates their hateful minds
Good honest work compared to the shysters in Parliament!

Only that's not true is it. The government issued A50 far too early and then failed to prepare for Brexit in the limited time available thereafter. And they were cheered on as they did so by those supporting Brexit. That's why we are where we are.

Honestly, you're blaming the people who told you that this was a stupid idea for the fact that it's turning out to be a stupid idea. You voted for this, you cheered on the government that failed to prepare, you own the results. Man up and take some responsibility for your actions.
The government was told by the EU no discussions would be held until A50 was implemented. We did.

It also got the ball rolling.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I think you'll find that that deal will be struck pretty quickly, because they can't be valid one day and then not valid due to leaving the next, after all the last thing the EU needs is vacancies that were filled by qualified UK citizens and a load of now unemployed EU citizens landing on their shores, sauce for the goose and all that.
I believe we have significantly more EU citizens in the UK (4 million) than there are UK citizens in the EU. That's because many of those EU nationals have come to the UK from countries like Poland, Romania and Bulgaria where living standards and employment opportunities are significantly worse than the UK. Not all of these will return, but even a million returning because their qualifications are no longer valid will have an impact on both the EU and the UK.

The UK will have a skills shortage as those that will return will be the qualified economic migrants. Instead, I suspect we'll just take qualified applicants from the US and the Commonwealth countries. Even if the reciprocal qualification issue is sorted out, the jobs will have been filled by then.

The EU will suffer a fall in income as many of those currently in the UK are sending back money to support family in those countries they are originally from. They'll also boost the unemployment figures in those countries as they won't have jobs to go back to.

Wordsmith

D

Deleted 154930

It's the EU's fault, obviously.
Its the governments, but what possible reason did they do it for ? could that be the first example of good faith ?? s

So your government acts in good faith and you laugh at there stupidity (i happen to agree with you), then offer them no support each instance the EU acts in bad faith.

D

Deleted 154930

I believe we have significantly more EU citizens in the UK (4 million) than there are UK citizens in the EU. That's because many of those EU nationals have come to the UK from countries like Poland, Romania and Bulgaria where living standards and employment opportunities are significantly worse than the UK. Not all of these will return, but even a million returning because their qualifications are no longer valid will have an impact on both the EU and the UK.

The UK will have a skills shortage as those that will return will be the qualified economic migrants. Instead, I suspect we'll just take qualified applicants from the US and the Commonwealth countries. Even if the reciprocal qualification issue is sorted out, the jobs will have been filled by then.

The EU will suffer a fall in income as many of those currently in the UK are sending back money to support family in those countries they are originally from. They'll also boost the unemployment figures in those countries as they won't have jobs to go back to.

Wordsmith
now don't go suggesting the UK should ever act in its own interests, that is bad and not very virtuous.
whilst remainers argue its alright for the EU.