Brexit Phase Two - Trade

The saddest thing now is that it is the Remainers who will get us the worst possible deal - make no mistake this is being done in some cases deliberately in the mistaken belief that Brexit will go away and the EU wont stiff them afterwards. In other cases its a bit like the Colonel in 'The Bridge over the River Kwai' who only realised at the very end he was committing Treason - I'm sure a quick search of Blair, Campbell, Clegg, Clarke, Soubry etc's e-mails, terlecom's and diary engagements would uncover some shocking 'collusion' with the Mr Barnier and Co - all being done with the best of intentions but without thought on how it will impact on their own country and citizens.
Only that's not true is it. The government issued A50 far too early and then failed to prepare for Brexit in the limited time available thereafter. And they were cheered on as they did so by those supporting Brexit. That's why we are where we are.

Honestly, you're blaming the people who told you that this was a stupid idea for the fact that it's turning out to be a stupid idea. You voted for this, you cheered on the government that failed to prepare, you own the results. Man up and take some responsibility for your actions.

D

Deleted 154930

There are only two kinds of people still backing Brexit - those who were conned but whose own self esteem won't allow them to admit it, even to themselves, and those who were in on the con and perpetuate it. /1

Written on a subway wall, if not now, soon.
I wonder what tomorrow morning will bring

Oh look DFDS Liam’s Fox accepts an extension of the transition period.

There’s a cunning plan here.
Subway, are you even British ? are you making this shoite up, as a sensible addition to a fading debate.

The saddest thing now is that it is the Remainers who will get us the worst possible deal - make no mistake this is being done in some cases deliberately in the mistaken belief that Brexit will go away and the EU wont stiff them afterwards. In other cases its a bit like the Colonel in 'The Bridge over the River Kwai' who only realised at the very end he was committing Treason - I'm sure a quick search of Blair, Campbell, Clegg, Clarke, Soubry etc's e-mails, terlecom's and diary engagements would uncover some shocking 'collusion' with the Mr Barnier and Co - all being done with the best of intentions but without thought on how it will impact on their own country and citizens.
I will admit that I was daft enough to believe that the EU would negotiate in good faith. Trust and concessions, eh @Brotherton Lad.

D

Deleted 154930

I will admit that I was daft enough to believe that the EU would negotiate in good faith. Trust and concessions, eh @Brotherton Lad.
I admit to a touch of naivety, on the good faith point; The Government has been telling us for years, that collaborative methods and sharing with our continental cousins, was in our best interests, because the EU is a force of good, in a horrid world.

I didn't believe that wibble, but assumed given the amount of effort made to crawl on our bellies and showing boatloads of good faith, they would use it as an opportunity to show magnanimity, at the temerity of the fickle british walking away.

Day after brexit, the EU is throwing its weight around and are not Good, as if were a little power in Africa. Remainers are entitled to argue until the cows come home, but there is a fine line between opinion and collaboration with a entity which is trying to make itself an enemy and some have crossed that point.

One in 3 German cars and more than one in 3 EU27 cars produced goes to the UK. And after March 2019 , no one will buy one. Not a person?
That seems fanciful.
People buy based on price and convenience. In addition there isn't a lot of brand loyalty in car sales. People will buy Brand X for one car and Brandy Y for the next. Add into the mix a certain steadily growing resent for the EU and an interruption of imports due to different procedures coming into play at the point of import, and I suspect a significant drop in sales of imported cars will result.

Obviously no-one will stop buying Germany cars, but suspect there will be a very significant drop in sales of cars imported from the EU, aided and abetted by newspapers like the Sun and express running 'buy British' campaigns to induce people to buy cars manufactured in the UK (even if they have a Japanese badge on them).

Wordsmith

maybe. Or we'll organise trade agreements. It's all cool.
Sounds peachy. You have 277 days, how's it going? How many do you expect to have in place from day 1?

Who is the UK voice for Brexit even ? 'Leave' have had two years since the vote, and that is STILL a multiple choice question. is it TM, DD, JRM, Boris, Dr Fox? FFS, yesterday we were treated to the Health secretary giving his views.

No wonder it's not going quite to plan...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Balkans moved to the Rhine did it?
Kuwait is nowhere near the Rhine, but it didn't stop thousands of troops from BAOR getting sent there. Next nonsensical question.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Kuwait is nowhere near the Rhine, but it didn't stop thousands of troops from BAOR getting sent there. Next nonsensical question.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Was replying to the @PhotEx straw man argument that the ECSC wasn't effective at preventing war in Western Europe because of something that happened in Eastern Europe 40 years later.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 253
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464