Brexit Phase Two - Trade

A failure is a failure, TT. You can blame whichever target takes your fancy. It's neither here nor there.
It is though... it is here or there.

For folk to have 'legitimate grievances' (remind me to do a spot of research for when that term was coined replacing the squeals of 'wacist', 'bigot' etc) there is a failing is there not? What can the man on the street do to make his voice heard in the halls of Brussels (or Strasbourg depending on the week)? Do we vote for the EU prez? or his commision?

Is the EU actually to large, complex and lumbering to succeed?

As well as can be expected given the determination of the EU to be twats and the constant efforts to undermine progress from the well heeled but bitter losers.
Miller's A50 case was about parliamentary sovereignty - it was bad politics which made it happen.

It is though... it is here or there.

For folk to have 'legitimate grievances' (remind me to do a spot of research for when that term was coined replacing the squeals of 'wacist', 'bigot' etc) there is a failing is there not? What can the man on the street do to make his voice heard in the halls of Brussels (or Strasbourg depending on the week)? Do we vote for the EU prez? or his commision?

Is the EU actually to large, complex and lumbering to succeed?

It's a work in progress and always has been. Sticking your fingers in your ears, your head in the sand and going la la la will not make the slightest bit of difference.

I'll temper that comment by saying, yet again, that the Brexit vote could, given a fair wind, be a catalyst for change, but that still needs the UK with a contribution to make. This sort of stuff does not come free of charge, it has to be earned and requires trust and compromise.

If you still fail to understand that, then you deserve all the crap coming our way.

Sadly, that's another of FUD from the Remain camp.

However, I wonder what would happen if they did revoke equivalency?

What would the UK govt do in retaliation? Hmmmm... instant unemployment for a lot of foreigners... shame.

Still, think of the boost to the UK education institutions as 3 million unemployed foreigners had to take UK courses and exams -- and pay for them. Oh, but, ooops, they'd be unemployed and would have to take one of the govt courses to get their Universal Credit (if eligible, of course) ones like how to write a CV, create a web presence on LinkedIn..... vital employment skills, indeed.

Still, it's an ill-wind.... I can feel the fees from a bit of adult learning tutoring coming along soon, to boost me pension.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sadly, that's another of FUD from the Remain camp.

However, I wonder what would happen if they did revoke equivalency?

What would the UK govt do in retaliation? Hmmmm... instant unemployment for a lot of foreigners... shame.

Still, think of the boost to the UK education institutions as 3 million unemployed foreigners had to take UK courses and exams -- and pay for them. Oh, but, ooops, they'd be unemployed and would have to take one of the govt courses to get their Universal Credit (if eligible, of course) ones like how to write a CV, create a web presence on LinkedIn..... vital employment skills, indeed.

Still, it's an ill-wind.... I can feel the fees from a bit of adult learning tutoring coming along soon, to boost me pension.
And that's if they have been here long enough to claim Universal Benefit!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Stupidest post of the millennium.

I suggest a visit to Coventry and a little light Googling of 'UK Marshall Plan' as a starter.

Or perhaps a look at a telegram my Grandmother has kept from 1917 imforming her that her father was dead.
Expect the response that he wasn’t being serious and it’s your faullt for reacting. And for missing the point of his ******* stupid statement.

D

Deleted 154930

I'm saying many Brexit voters have blamed Brussels for failures of governance in Westminster. Ergo, your Brexit vote was a failure.

I'm also saying you've been taken for a ride.
To an extent many brexiteers have been taken for a ride, because the assumption they made, was the Government would embrace the result.

Remainers did not lose the referendum, it was stolen from them. Cue tinfoil hat excuses and years of completely immature whining and denial.

The Chinese regulator is the CAAC, it has a full set of bilateral agreements with other regulators that allow work to go on. That is, after all, how the world works.

You mean the CAAC are a bunch of crooked shysters and everyone just holds their nose and hopes the worst excesses get caught down thx line.

Abd of course, yiur usueal EASA/ECJ wibble. If we ‘respect’ The determinations of the FAA and the US Supreme Court, (funny old thing, most democracies respect the jurisprudence if other democracies courts), are we ruled by the USSC?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Entire world doesn't bow down to the UK's wishes because we had an empire once.

Go figure
I blame those Austro Hungarians-it was all hunky dory until that Serbian tour.
People knew where they were before that.
Proper seasons, empires,people knowing their place and no ******* world wars.

It's a work in progress and always has been. Sticking your fingers in your ears, your head in the sand and going la la la will not make the slightest bit of difference.

I'll temper that comment by saying, yet again, that the Brexit vote could, given a fair wind, be a catalyst for change, but that still needs the UK with a contribution to make. This sort of stuff does not come free of charge, it has to be earned and requires trust and compromise.

If you still fail to understand that, then you deserve all the crap coming our way.

It’s doomed to fail.
The worlds moved on, the EU hasn’t.

Last edited:
I'm saying many Brexit voters have blamed Brussels for failures of governance in Westminster. Ergo, your Brexit vote was a failure.

I'm also saying you've been taken for a ride.
Even a cursory glance at history shows that many times the political class have blamed their own failures on foreigners.

This time is no different.

That leave folk are blind to this is disappointing.

It's the easiest thing in the world to simply blame everything on foreigners.

All you need is demagogue and a populist message

We need to ensure that those who voted remaIN aren't left behind. They may have wanted to chuck various folk around UK under the (remaIN) Bus but we Beleavers should be better than that. remaINers need educating so that they understand that they're ignorance has consequences.
Your syntax and spelling make my eyes bleed. HTH

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 252
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464