Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I understand why you voted remaIN but do you really understand your feelings and their origins?
No you don't, still not answered the question either.

Shut down all their european factories because they've run out of engines?
You are aware Turkey is now making its own engines? They have started making the engines for Ford trucks and transits but also make engines and transmissions for the Ford Puma (but not for UK as they stopped making them for our market some time ago).
Focus and Kuga engines are made at the Sarrlouis facility in Germany.
As Ford is the best selling car in UK I'm pretty sure the UK factories will still keep churning them out but the EU won't be reliant on them.

You are aware Turkey is now making its own engines? They have started making the engines for Ford trucks and transits but also make engines and transmissions for the Ford Puma.
As Ford is the best selling car in UK I'm pretty sure the UK factories will still keep churning them out but the EU won't be reliant on them.

Yes I am aware. It wasn't a serious comment.

Seeing as there is so much fantasy and speculation on Brexit I thought I might join in

So what will happen to Ford engines made in the UK (not in the EU) and then fitted to Transits made in Turkey (not in the EU)?

Of course the best irony is that Ford is, as you know, American.
Ford Europe managed separately from Ford US. Turkey has a trade deal with the EU which is a customs union and is (in)famously an aspirant member...Rules of Origin still apply

We could have that kind of deal....but we've excluded ourselves. Tariffs it will be in the event of a No Deal.

I think Boris was echoing a statement already made on here - business is all very well, but ours is a democracy not a business feifdom
And in a democracy they're allowed to have a voice. This present cabinet's a bit anti democracy IMO.

You are aware Turkey is now making its own engines? They have started making the engines for Ford trucks and transits but also make engines and transmissions for the Ford Puma (but not for UK as they stopped making them for our market some time ago).
Cheers EU.....

D

Deleted 154930

We should start collecting all the excess C02 from Remainer whingers, to boost our beer industry. Then for once they can contribute to the Queen and nation, they supposedly swore allegiance to.

I understand why you voted remaIN, I understand.

But I want you to understand, really understand your mindset and how it is damaging you.

It's time to...
]
Sunday's double Cillit isn't it?

We should start collecting all the excess C02 from Remainer whingers, to boost our beer industry. Then for once they can contribute to the Queen and nation, they supposedly swore allegiance to.

I have a 3 year supply of carbon dioxide for my beer and besides, if push comes to shove, I'll allow it to gas itself up.

And all the methane from the bullshit you've spouted under this user name in the last two months would keep the alternative fuel industry going for years.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 252
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464