Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It's even more simpler than that.

Let me explain.

USE isn't happening. Nobody wants it.

Why you're still wittering on about preventing something that'll never happen is amusing, though.
I didn’t bring it up.
Brexiters are in mortal fear of it.
It’s been the other anti Eu line with the brexiters who are convinced that the Eu is destined to become some sort of superstate. (I cant see it myself, they can’t even get Belgium to unite)

But it was the fear of a USE which apparently caused people on here to vote leave. Something other than parliamentary sovereignty and immigration

I can’t make it any simpler.
So I’ll just bow out of this one.

Edit:)

You've lost me there. I tried reading The GG but could not get in to it at all. Annoyed me rather than entertained. Never tried anything else by him.

Then allow me to help. Try 'the ability to hold two opposing ideas and yet still be able to function'.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Then allow me to help. Try 'the ability to hold two opposing ideas and yet still be able to function'.
I thought all human beings were capable of that, it is how we reach decisions!

It’s even simpler, the brexiters got all excited over a United States of Europe, yet while we were in that couldn’t happen because of our veto/opt out/ refusal to play.
We keep hearing that it couldn't happen while we were in but that only holds true while we had a government that was against the idea.

With a large part of the electorate seemingly pro-EU, surely a future pro-EU government could have easily led us or encouraged us into a USE. It seems that there was a drip drip approach anyway by those in charge.

And I wonder how many of the Remain supporters would be happy with the idea of a USE with us involved; it's certainly a valid aspiration.

I suggest leaving makes it much harder for us to be led into a USE by subterfuge.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Oh don’t you start.

Tomorrow we’ll have wordsmith along pontificating that a lot of Mays and the cabinets trouble is down to Gatsbyism

Edit. Ive a busyish day tomorrow. So I’d like to point out that the above quote is F. Scott’s himself and not from Gatsby.

Last edited:
We keep hearing that it couldn't happen while we were in but that only holds true while we had a government that was against the idea.

With a large part of the electorate seemingly pro-EU, surely a future pro-EU government could have easily led us or encouraged us into a USE. It seems that there was a drip drip approach anyway by those in charge.

And I wonder how many of the Remain supporters would be happy with the idea of a USE with us involved; it's certainly a valid aspiration.

I suggest leaving makes it much harder for us to be led into a USE by subterfuge.

It was never on the cards. That's one of the reasons Thatcher went for the eastward expansion, to weaken the Franco-German axis and the Russian influence. Brexit weakens that UK influence, the silly billies.

So why would Airbus even consider keeping production in the UK, BREXIT or not?
Because other than their other wing production facility based in China, there’s no other skill set in Europe that could take on the massive task of making the wings on the continent without a lot of time and money being spent.

Also, not forgetting that the U.K. are a big purchaser of Airbus products that Airbus potentially risk loosing and brexit will be used as a scapegoat because Airbus is struggling financially and is already laying people off left right and centre throughout the rest of Europe.

Here’s to non Airbus news story’s. The first levels the blame of the company at brexit.

Fortnum boss says EU vote hurt UK brand

The second shows that p*ss poor business planning is the main result of their problems.

UK luxury retailer Fortnum & Mason confirms Dubai store closure

Brexit will be used as a scapegoat.

[QUOTE="skid2, post: 8639226, member: 54542"]I didn’t bring it up.
Brexiters are in mortal fear of it.
It’s been the other anti Eu line with the brexiters who are convinced that the Eu is destined to become some sort of superstate. (I cant see it myself, they can’t even get Belgium to unite)

But it was the fear of a USE which apparently caused people on here to vote leave. Something other than parliamentary sovereignty and immigration

I can’t make it any simpler.
So I’ll just bow out of this one.

Edit:)[/QUOTE]

I quoted the post in which you did.

You claimed a vote made by someone almost guaranteed a USE.

You then explained at length how important it was to retain influence to prevent it.

Almost as if you're in "mortal fear" of it.

The veto we've lost was really important to you. Why?

I personally see a USE as a potentially good thing for us.

I don't understand the objections to it, particularly from those who are strong advocates of the EU.

It would have needed a referendum @Taffd - any change to the TEU would have.

1529790396787.png

I would never have voted for a USE,

<snigger>

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

I’d take the view that cooperation and working together makes more sense than walking out on our own.

A USE I never gave much thought to although they seem to have been able to coordinate the railways which is a good thing. As long as we had an input and a say in what’s going on it wouldn’t have annoyed me one bit.

As for leaving actually preventing a USE, that never occurred to me.. that’s good that.
So the rest of them can say it wasn’t about racism, it was to prevent Europe taking over the world.

Ah, so if political pressure is applied to get the SFO to drop their investigation, magically, Airbus will stay.
Ah yes, the SFO have actually dropped investigations after political pressure is applied.
As we all know.
Now a choon for all the remainers to play in the background as they crack on with Plan B and the cunning operation to extricate their lives, families and careers from the UK before Armageddon in March.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 385
S11Blade Brexit 476
B Medals 22