Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Do we get to watch a replay of the 1st Battalion, Royal Regiment of Snowflakes, performing their world renowned public meltdown drill movements? With special attention paid to synchronised sobbing?

Wordsmith :smile:
We all know who has a meltdown and puts people on ignore whilst sobbing don't we champ?

I really can't understand why, given the expose that followed the referendum of what the EU really think of us and whst the are threatening to do, why would anyone even contempkate renaining tied to this bunch of fascist lunatics.
I have had the League of Facsist Lunatics on the phone, most upset that they should be compared to the EU.

"We are nowhere near that bad" their spokesman declared before singing two verses of Knees Up Mother Brown and throwing up in a bucket.

So you approve of fraud and corruption?
To summarise then, Brexiteers were wrong, they were lied to, they were conned, they didn't understand, they were not sufficiently educated to asess the ramifications, they didn't gain parliamentary approval, and when they did they.........er, 'approved of fraud and corruption'.

Who is conning who? My take is that neverendumists are conning themselves. A lot, possibly most, of the Brexit voting public did'nt and don't give a flying **** about any of the concerns listed by the remain camp. They won and whether or not they stand to lose 'something', they had already been left behind and were long term losers under existing arrangements.... not necessarily the eu per se, but the miserable, selfish, inward looking elitist economic middle classes who seem to have forgotton that being in the top 40 per cent left a lot of economically disenframchised people who, nonetheless, retained a political franchise that not only equalled, but exceeded the one man one vote capacity of the top 40 per cent.

Consequently it was the better educated, better economically off, better informed, more knowledgable remain camp that assumed, wrongly, that the proletariat would continue to lie down and accept their 'place and the meagre iinequalities sufferred for far too long. Inequalities in monetary terms, inequality in standard of living, inequality of access to education and most appallingly, inequalities in health.

If remain, having exhausted the courts, lost the key parliamentary argument and failed to understand the true nature of the issues now intend to appeal to the emotional conscience of the Brexiteers they will get a 'flying ****' of a response......and they will probably still not get it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted 154930

You will note @Ecomcon that he did not deny any of your post. Says loads for the Remain camp.
Of course not, evasion is the usual tactic.

I caught some of the coverage in London of the Remainer Protests on sky and they talked a lot about the people rising up, but nothing about the other half of the population. They really do have utter contempt for people who voted brexit.

How do they expect to win another referendum given the level of insult been thrown at brexiteers ?

Just watching the final hours of the BBC Parliament coverage.
One thing that struck me throughout, was Dimbleby's repeated statements that, "Yes but this is an 'advisory' referendum", repeated throughout. I assume he was being told to repeat it at regular intervals.
So, the BBC is unbiased after all.
Listening to Andrew Neil's comments towards the end, he was very prophetic about the state of the MS unity and US (Obama) policy.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Of course not, evasion is the usual tactic.

I caught some of the coverage in London of the Remainer Protests on sky and they talked a lot about the people rising up, but nothing about the other half of the population. They really do have utter contempt for people who voted brexit.

How do they expect to win another referendum given the level of insult been thrown at brexiteers ?
They had a very good turnout, still about 17 million short though!

D

Deleted 154930

They had a very good turnout, still about 17 million short though!
Indeed. The post referendum abuse dished out, was a regular comment I heard from brexiteers who were a little stunned to have so much hatred dumped onto them.

I was less shocked, but assumed it was just the millenials doing there usual twitter rage, but the remainers have continued, some appalling insults dished out about older people dying off and if they won a second referendum all they have done is cement the divide.

I didnt know we grew pineapples in the UK, but if we do and Donald wants them, all well and good.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The order of the pineapple involves us bending over . HTH.

From an old Sqn commander who always used to use "You play ball with us and..."

I'd slip in sotto voce, "...we'll shove the pineapple right up ye, you're working the weekend lads"

Perhaps worth checking out the BBC GCSE page and reading up on simple concepts like the mean, range etc. Perhaps even, if you wanted to blow your mind, you could look into game theory.

HTH.
better yet have a look at how polls are conducted with particular emphasis on the use of "weighting". Then assess the validity of constant repetition of a finding with a relatively low level of confidence transforming into immutable fact over time.

I wasn't. India does want a relaxation of visa requirements, though, so more Indians can move here. It's what you voted for, remember.
And most leavers don't have a problem with that. It was a remaIN myth that leavers were anti-immigration. We're just anti-uncontrolled, gang-f*ck immigration a la Anthony Blair et al in the Labour Party, and ever since.

If you have a skill we need, come on in. If you just want access to our welfare system... f*ck off.

better yet have a look at how polls are conducted with particular emphasis on the use of "weighting". Then assess the validity of constant repetition of a finding with a relatively low level of confidence transforming into immutable fact over time.
Polls are accurate at the time they are asked and for the question they are asked. Weighting is also a valid technique and used in fields other than surveys. I would question the abilities of someone who tried to model a population without transforming their sample data to represent said population.

The real problem with polls is trying to get someone to predict their own, future behaviour. Most of us can't even accurately predict what we're going to have for dinner on a given night when asked.

Last edited:
Whether we BREXIT or not?

That was the question.
If we pay up and sort out their supply chains there isn't a problem is there? It's not as if we were going to leave the Single Market when we voted is it?
1529778767536.png

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
That can't be true.

Nobody in Europe is pushing for closer unity, bar a couple of loons.

It's been posted on here many times.
By loons, terrified by a USE, although why a United States of Europe with a seriously degraded financial system and in danger of imminent collapse would trouble anyone I’ve no idea.

I wasn't thus affected by the EU. I am just able to emote with those who were so affected.
By making shit up and blaming the EU for stuff that isn't their fault?

You may want to consider how emote is used generally in the English language BTW, you appear to be saying that you can portray empathy/emotion as opposed to empathising.

Latest Threads