Brexit Phase Two - Trade

They also need to sell their products into the U.K.

As we’ve already discussed, it’s not so straightforward shifting production of parts you don’t have the experience at making.

I suspect any move away from the U.K. was already decided way before brexit. (You can ask the good people of Coventry about the Peugeot plant that used to be there)

We have a long and industrious history of not folding to threats.

What’s you’re assessment of a no deal brexit followed up with 0% corporation tax?
You can suspect all you like, they haven't decided yet. They've been saying for two years "get your act sorted" because we need to plan. anything sorted yet? Cabinet agree a position?

Eventually, even you, A-Y and TT will open your eyes to what isn't happening.

Your last Q is a fantasy. Think before asking me why, it's not going to happen for very practical reasons.

My point exactly. All the doom and gloom was out there yet still leave carried the day.

what makes you think anyone might have changed their mind?
Read my post. I know some have BTW but not my point. I said "Don't think it'll happen any time soon"

You can suspect all you like, they haven't decided yet. They've been saying for two years "get your act sorted" because we need to plan. anything sorted yet? Cabinet agree a position?

Eventually, even you, A-Y and TT will open your eyes to what isn't happening.

Your last Q is a fantasy. Think before asking me why, it's not going to happen for very practical reasons.
Funny it’s only German company’s making the threats.....I wonder why that is? Merkel worried she’ll have to ask the electorate to fill in the holes in the balance sheet?

Funny it’s only German company’s making the threats.....I wonder why that is? Merkel worried she’ll have to ask the electorate to fill in the holes in the balance sheet?
Aye sure, read the links every now and again eh?

it's what remaINers think matters to Beleavers. You've heard of men from mars, women from Venus? Well beleavers are different to remaINers... And better.
Cabbage wine and toilet duck spritzer on the rocks of despair in the rusty battered container your long suffering wife banished you to for endless insane rantings about the EU.

Where did it all go wrong?

You have truly parted company with reality. I don't love the EU, I love having a job that pays my mortgage. I am currently faced with the possibility that a bunch of retards who think it's the 18th century will force through a Brexit deal that will wipe out the industry I work in. Are you truly so broken brained you think I and everyone else affected will just accept that? Doubly so when the Brexit promised to people who voted for it included precisely zero job losses?

Or are you just too weak to accept that the Tory fix is in, Brexit in any meaningful sense is dead and you've been played for a mug?

If you think Brexit will ‘wipe Out’ your industry that means one of two things....

Your ‘industry’ was dying anyway
Or, you’re being rather hysterical

please expand on the signs and symptoms of this disease.
Your disease? First degree fact resistance coupled with lurid fantasies. If you were a dog I'd shoot you out of basic humanity.

They also need to sell their products into the U.K.

What’s you’re assessment of a no deal brexit followed up with 0% corporation tax?[/QUOTE]

_.
A unicorn wrapped in a fairy's fart?
Don't be so bloody stupid.
Even the 2p cut in corporation tax is being promulgate to give the NHS the boost it needs.
Stop making yourself look like a prat (or pratt depending on your idiom (or idiot in your case

Last edited:
Fascinating, really.

another rerun of a big boy did it and ran away.

Can't remember who asked me why UK business wasn't speaking up...a new article

Re the Airbus bullshite:
sky.JPG

As already stated, there will not be any problems with skilled aerospace techs.
Nope they'll be catapulted around at the speed of Sound.
Come on Andy, what's the investment cycle, when's the next model design due?

As I've already said, Spain and Germany have coveted wing design for ages.
When spain covets something we get an inquisition
When Germany covets something we tend to have war

If you think Brexit will ‘wipe Out’ your industry that means one of two things....

Your ‘industry’ was dying anyway
Or, you’re being rather hysterical
Big Buisness will allways look to minimise it’s labour bill, construction of wing structures does not lend itself to automation so long term it makes sense to them to locate such assembly where the labour costs are lower.
Combine this with the fact that to get into the major growing sales market, China, the Chinese are insisting that players have to have a Chinese Buisness partner and share tech expertise ( much faster and less legaly awkward than espionage and reverse engineering!) and the writing was on the wall.
Arbus was highly unlikely to sever a German or French limb to satisfy the Chinese.and as said a labour intensive process is most cost effective to move.
I fully take the point about a skilled labour force here which raises two points.
This is either a hare let run in an attempt to extract financial “help”to keep strange in work, or this was in the pipeline for some time with the Chinese in the loop on the move and now is a good time to avoid bad publicity for the company before the scapegoat leaves the building.
Note I’m staying away from the hysterical waffle that infests here now and just looking at this from a Buisness angle.
Options?
Long term for Airbus manifacturering jobs here, ?
Grim ,once tech transfer has been transferred to China they will have the know how, the skilled ( cheaper) labour and the captive market, which the state can direct to buy local without fear of a monoplies commission to use as a volume base to undercut competitors abroad.
The Chinese are allready embarking down this route with their ( airbuses)helicopter division,and once the tech edge has been assimilated I can guess how much use the European manufacturing end will be to them.
I fear some now working for Airbus in Chester may find the job offer is redundancy or a couple of years contract in the people’s republic whilst they get to train their Chinese replacements.
( a bit like firestone’s Workers did in Wolverhampton, Mexico that time, )
Still I don’t suppose many squealing now shed many tears over them.
Many industries have felt the bite of global industries cutting costs by moving, just initially they were low skilled / low tech jobs.
The Chinese want your dinner now strange,

so what guarantees do you have if we'd remaINed?
We had practically frictionless trade and lots of hard-fought for opt-outs. Now, in order to avoid this self-inflicted shot in the foot, HMG is struggling to negotiate lots of necessary opt-ins, many of which will necessitate erasing PMTM's self-imposed red lines.

It's insanity personified. 'Bog roll Brexit' indeed, 'cause it's shite.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 54
S11Blade Brexit 474
B Medals 22