Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Fascinating, really.

another rerun of a big boy did it and ran away.

Can't remember who asked me why UK business wasn't speaking up...a new article

Re the Airbus bullshite:
sky.JPG

As already stated, there will not be any problems with skilled aerospace techs.
Nope they'll be catapulted around at the speed of Sound.
Come on Andy, what's the investment cycle, when's the next model design due?

As I've already said, Spain and Germany have coveted wing design for ages.
When spain covets something we get an inquisition
When Germany covets something we tend to have war

If you think Brexit will ‘wipe Out’ your industry that means one of two things....

Your ‘industry’ was dying anyway
Or, you’re being rather hysterical
Big Buisness will allways look to minimise it’s labour bill, construction of wing structures does not lend itself to automation so long term it makes sense to them to locate such assembly where the labour costs are lower.
Combine this with the fact that to get into the major growing sales market, China, the Chinese are insisting that players have to have a Chinese Buisness partner and share tech expertise ( much faster and less legaly awkward than espionage and reverse engineering!) and the writing was on the wall.
Arbus was highly unlikely to sever a German or French limb to satisfy the Chinese.and as said a labour intensive process is most cost effective to move.
I fully take the point about a skilled labour force here which raises two points.
This is either a hare let run in an attempt to extract financial “help”to keep strange in work, or this was in the pipeline for some time with the Chinese in the loop on the move and now is a good time to avoid bad publicity for the company before the scapegoat leaves the building.
Note I’m staying away from the hysterical waffle that infests here now and just looking at this from a Buisness angle.
Options?
Long term for Airbus manifacturering jobs here, ?
Grim ,once tech transfer has been transferred to China they will have the know how, the skilled ( cheaper) labour and the captive market, which the state can direct to buy local without fear of a monoplies commission to use as a volume base to undercut competitors abroad.
The Chinese are allready embarking down this route with their ( airbuses)helicopter division,and once the tech edge has been assimilated I can guess how much use the European manufacturing end will be to them.
I fear some now working for Airbus in Chester may find the job offer is redundancy or a couple of years contract in the people’s republic whilst they get to train their Chinese replacements.
( a bit like firestone’s Workers did in Wolverhampton, Mexico that time, )
Still I don’t suppose many squealing now shed many tears over them.
Many industries have felt the bite of global industries cutting costs by moving, just initially they were low skilled / low tech jobs.
The Chinese want your dinner now strange,

so what guarantees do you have if we'd remaINed?
We had practically frictionless trade and lots of hard-fought for opt-outs. Now, in order to avoid this self-inflicted shot in the foot, HMG is struggling to negotiate lots of necessary opt-ins, many of which will necessitate erasing PMTM's self-imposed red lines.

It's insanity personified. 'Bog roll Brexit' indeed, 'cause it's shite.

The PR consultant knows best then does he?

100k skilled jobs WILL be destroyed by brexit.

It's beginning to become clear that the brexit delusion is so deeply entrenched in the minds of little Englanders that it's probably going to be impossible to convince them until it's too late.

Talk about attacking the mouth that feeds you.

I say again, those who are whining about Airbus getting state subsidies should take a look at Bombardier, Boeing and COMAC. It's standard stuff

Bombardier got subsidies? Boeing received $64B from the U.S. government

I'm getting the feeling that brexshitters would like Airbus to fail because of their all consuming hatred of anything European.

Here's your EU:

Times change. You can remain stuck in 2016 if you like but don't be surprised if the world passes you by.
Stuck in 2016?

24 months ago? Oh please.

Nothing has changed. You may still be administering institutionalised nods and winks before retiring to read the Mess copy of the Guardian but some of us inhabit the world to which you refer.

Ditto Julia, ditto:
1529741200522.png

Big Buisness will allways look to minimise it’s labour bill, construction of wing structures does not lend itself to automation so long term it makes sense to them to locate such assembly where the labour costs are lower.
Combine this with the fact that to get into the major growing sales market, China, the Chinese are insisting that players have to have a Chinese Buisness partner and share tech expertise ( much faster and less legaly awkward than espionage and reverse engineering!) and the writing was on the wall.
Arbus was highly unlikely to sever a German or French limb to satisfy the Chinese.and as said a labour intensive process is most cost effective to move.
I fully take the point about a skilled labour force here which raises two points.
This is either a hare let run in an attempt to extract financial “help”to keep strange in work, or this was in the pipeline for some time with the Chinese in the loop on the move and now is a good time to avoid bad publicity for the company before the scapegoat leaves the building.
Note I’m staying away from the hysterical waffle that infests here now and just looking at this from a Buisness angle.
Options?
Long term for Airbus manifacturering jobs here, ?
Grim ,once tech transfer has been transferred to China they will have the know how, the skilled ( cheaper) labour and the captive market, which the state can direct to buy local without fear of a monoplies commission to use as a volume base to undercut competitors abroad.
The Chinese are allready embarking down this route with their ( airbuses)helicopter division,and once the tech edge has been assimilated I can guess how much use the European manufacturing end will be to them.
I fear some now working for Airbus in Chester may find the job offer is redundancy or a couple of years contract in the people’s republic whilst they get to train their Chinese replacements.
( a bit like firestone’s Workers did in Wolverhampton, Mexico that time, )
Still I don’t suppose many squealing now shed many tears over them.
Many industries have felt the bite of global industries cutting costs by moving, just initially they were low skilled / low tech jobs.
The Chinese want your dinner now strange,
the same goes for car manufacturing - particularly electric and hybrid.

Stuck in 2016?

24 months ago? Oh please.

Nothing has changed. You may still be administering institutionalised nods and winks before retiring to read the Mess copy of the Guardian but some of us inhabit the world to which you refer.

Well, 'Nothing has changed' indeed. I'd say the remaining Art 50 period isn't long enough for the UK to pretend to leave and neither is the transition period so don't be surprised if either or both get extended.

We all inhabit the world, by the way.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I don’t see what all the fuss is about. Brexiters in here have been threatening a no deal or a hard Brexit.
Regularly for almost two years(happy second birthday, winners).

Big business, does just that and people start looking surprised.
Airbus
BMW
I wonder what C going to be come Monday (I think we’ll get the W/e off due to the football)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 253
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464