Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You are incorrect, Orwell was disgusted with the intelligentsias view that it was something "slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman" - I just updated that view, that the remainers are in the same vein.
Not being English, you can update all you like, its still rubbish. While you're rattling on about a load of old guff about how Orwell felt about people's cooperation. Try reading Homage to Catalonia.
What he really disliked were commissars and Russians subverting the cause for their own game.
Sound familiar Tovarich.

Own your own vote then. Admit that the path of the EU with a remaIN UK was far, far from safe and predictable. That there was as much risk in staying in as leaving.
This is a counterfactual, we don't know. We created more issues for ourselves than we've solved.

Stuff that was predicted, was laughed off, has now happened, is happening and will be happening. Each time it does those who laughed it off go banzai, as if it was unexpected.

This wilful self deception is an education I have to say.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Unlike some, I have no particular feelings for or against politicians and I assume they're much of a muchness here and in the EU. I probably expected there'd be fuckups by both sides, it seems to be the nature of politics.

I expected that we'd probably be worse off, as a country, for a period after Brexit but supposed, and still suppose, that we'll somehow muddle through.

I also thought it would be a case for Theresa May to go down in history. Whether it'll be in a good or bad way is yet to be seen. Probably bad, the way things appear to be going.

I've not changed my reasoning for voting to leave though and would do so again if a referendum started from this point in time, with the way things stand.

Please note that at no time in my posting history on this thread have I used any slogans, any soundbitery, any insults or any argument ad hom.

And I haven't got angry with people who hold a different point of view.

I'm great, me.
That's coz you're even more chilled out than Keith Richards

[
This is a counterfactual, we don't know. We created more issues for ourselves than we've solved.

Stuff that was predicted, was laughed off, has now happened, is happening and will be happening. Each time it does those who laughed it off go banzai, as if it was unexpected.

This wilful self deception is an education I have to say.
you can only say that because you lost. Or we'd be saying the same about your decision.

is he some sort of idiot? UK had most if not all of what is mentioned well before the EU was created.
Being an idiot is something you should add to your aspirations list, onwards and upwards.

I've seen precious little of those values being represented by some member of this board. The point is though, they're why Turkey wasn't in with a shout for a half century or so. Why Poland and Hungary are getting sent to the naughty seat.

[

you can only say that because you lost. Or we'd be saying the same about your decision.
We wouldn't. Look through this board, I'm very much a "we are where are" person, counterfactuals are only of interest going forward, when you're looking at possible outcomes.

Looking back they're hand wringing or a victory boasting.

Everytime some twat starts a Sealion "what if" thread my eyes start bleeding.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
? UK had most if not all of what is mentioned well before the EU was created.
Maybe, but we did a really bad job of spreading it around. There were places I the UK where the likes of a sniff of Article 2 would have been greatly appreciated. And not just the obvious one.
Nothing would have saved Glasgow.

I suspect with the trouble that Airbus is currently in an a highly efficient factory set up in non EU China, Airbus were looking at pulling the plug with or without brexit.

I’m also sensing that this is another project fear.

Anybody think of any wing manufacturers on the continent?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 252
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464