Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I am not sure what kind of job she is doing, but she is still there and has headed off quite a number of threats to the direction of travel.

Not everyone's cup of tea but I don't see anyone else leaping up and down saying me me!!
As I've said before, the Tories can't really afford to remove May before March of next year - the country can'y afford a 3 month hiatus in the negotiations while they appoint May's successor.

But I doubt if she'll last long past next March. There appears to be a consensus in the Tory party that she can't win the next GE and I expect they'll want to give the next leader as long as possible to bed in before May 2022.

Wordsmith

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ah that BREXIT Time Machine!

Airbus wings move 'no jobs risk'

Airbus cant compete with Boeing if it doesn't substantially reduce its labour costs.
Wings are labour intensive and expensive, Airbus will be looking to move them to that other great EU country… China
But this is not about wings but the whole design to build pipeline. This is about regulations and the breaks on business it will have.

Brexit was sold partly on the belief that the UK could do better alone than as part of the EU. The reality of international deals is that each side is out for whatever they can get. The negotiation type you describe is exactly what leavers voted for.

Besides, saying that the UK can be pushed around is the same as saying that the UK is weak; sounds like traitorous remoaner speak to me. Don't you believe any more?
UK will just have to go nuclear. Hard brexit. UK's negotiations with the EU remind me of dealing with a toddler. Eventually you just have to give them a smack.

D

Deleted 154930

What do you think operating alone, in charge of our own destiny, means, if not negotiating with other countries for deals? Like I said, this is what people voted for. To stand alone and hammer out deals. So like I said, why do you think the UK is so weak it can't do this?

Besides, are you also saying that Brexit is failing as the government has failed to prepare for it? I've been saying that for a long time now but normally Brexiters tell me I'm wrong and it's all going swimmingly. Don't you believe any more?
Your problem is you keep equating the British Government, with people who support Brexit. I haven't seen much evidence that the British Government actually believes in brexit, as voted for. Most brexit people, think she is weak and allowed the EU to treat this nation as a colony would be treated, by a great power.

Government is mostly on your side, but have to be careful about showing it, or the tories are finished. I find it genuinely weird, that remainers don't give May more support and undermine her. As, she is trying to stitch together a compromise, that gives everyone something, but at the end of the day we will be politically out, but economically still locked in, whatever the mirage of wording will say.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
But this is not about wings but the whole design to build pipeline. This is about regulations and the breaks on business it will have.
As Airbus moves over to ChinaBus? It seems that the EU is intent on giving all to China but ensuring that the UK are punished.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
More to do with TfL cancelling it's orders for the bus shown in the report, the so called Boris Bus, than Brexit which just happens to be a scapegoat for any bad news these days.
Exactly. There are posters on here who are actually pleased at seeing this type of news. Anything that is pro EU and anti UK is fine by them, despite any protestations we get that they only have Britain's best interests at heart. Aye right - EU for ever is their catchword.

maybe the workers at Airbus UK , could take a bit of industrial action now, and slow down the production of the wings, overtime bans, withdrawal of co operation , might convince the consortium that each country depends upon the other... could cause all sorts of problems with production .... after all, it's not as if they are going to close down Airbus UK is it? how long is it going to take to build a new factory, and get it up and running in europe to build the wings?, or China ?

French workers wouldn't stand for it, why should the UK

of course it wont happen

But there would be fewer planes flying away, with no wings, the consortium and the parent countries losing money (tax)hand over fist........simplistic I know, maybe those negotiating on behalf of the EU need a sharp reminder Brexit is a two way street and start doing what they are supposed to be doing..negotiating
I can't think of a better way of guaranteeing that AUK is killed off.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Exactly. There are posters on here who are actually pleased at seeing this type of news. Anything that is pro EU and anti UK is fine by them, despite any protestations we get that they only have Britain's best interests at heart. Aye right - EU for ever is their catchword.
And once again it’s everyone elses fault but those who, knowing what were voting for, voted for.
At least have the stones, or the courage of your convictions to accept some responsibility for this particular wreck.

Boo hoo it’s ‘insert funny name for people who voted to remain’ or ‘intransigent Europeans’ fault.
You’d think after two years there was some plan for a way forward, but there’s not. There’s three parts of the one government running around like headless chickens.

Here’s a scenario. We know May has a medical condition, what happens if that’s used as an extremely valid approach to step aside. Put the feet up and wave a finger at the rest of them.
That’s all their wee Brexit plans and career moves completely scuppered.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 252
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464