Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
The EU will pass resolution after resolution, none of which will be designed to help or sort the problem but to use @Brotherton Lads favourite phrase, to kick the can down the road. A favourite tactic of the EU when things are not going to the Master Plan.

I would not be in the least bit surprised if a resolution is passed soon which means that the UK will be responsible for handing over huge sums of money before Brexit Day!

A meltdown of the EU might just be the catalyst needed to enforce meaningful (another lovely brexit phrase) reform! Just as long as it does not destroy the whole of course!.
Your meds are kicking in early this morning.
How can they demand more money. All they can ask for is what we've signed up and agreed to. You know, like stuff they're entitled to.

You'll be seeing little green men next.

Your meds are kicking in early this morning.
How can they demand more money. All they can ask for is what we've signed up and agreed to. You know, like stuff they're entitled to.

You'll be seeing little green men next.
@Auld-Yin and his victim complex fills me with sadness for him.

And if you don't get the answer you want just re-run the referendum while informing people that this will continue until the "correct" result is reached. The good people of Ireland, not wanting neverendums, vote for the government!

Certainly a practice that is unenviable and one I am glad the UK is rejecting, despite the hard work of Remainiacs.
Do you know how many referendums we have had about various aspects of abortion....6 since 1983..

6 on tweaking one single aspect of the Constitution...

It's everybody else's fault we're in this mess. I'm just checking, this really is a mess and we aren't really winning are we?
If only we could collectively wake up in the shower like Bobby Ewing and the last 2 years is all a disturbing dream.

He gets the name of your country, Southern Ireland, perfectly correct as that is how we see you. How we, in the UK call your country is a matter for us, not you, so butt out. Remember we call Deutschland, Germany, and the Netherlands, Holland so you are not being picked on.

Get that Irish chip off your shoulder you Southern Irish wimp!
No,.I'm actually in the West...you upper Northern English can't hack geography that's not our issue.:)

I used the term to elicit a response. @petergriffen's was disappointing so I thank you for your efforts to make up for it.
I'd also like to thank @Fuchs66 for taking the bullet for me, from someone desperately searching for some sort of human interaction and attention...

UnBritish :) perhaps if were weren't so British (a Victorian creation), the country wouldn't be going down the toilet.. We need to get back to the buccaneering spirit of our English ancestors, who created an empire in the first place.
We'll build wooden ships and invade everywhere?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No,.I'm actually in the West...you upper Northern English can't hack geography that's not our issue.:)
Upper Northern English - I like that, its funnee! What is your official language you Western Englishman you?

Eastern Europe is not at risk of collapse when the next recession rolls along because most countries are not eurozone members and have relatively low levels of public debt. However, the eurozone countries who are most likely to default on their debt are in southern Europe - where the EU wants to shift funds to.

It's more stupidity by the EU - the sums of money involved are much too small to make much difference to a country like Italy - the country most likely to fail after Greece. But they're significant enough to ensure that the V4 countries will now vote as a bloc to oppose a number of decision that require QMV. And they'll surely block any decision requiring unanimous assent.

The EU realising it's got an unfixable problem and floundering around in a vain hope to do so.

Wordsmith
Being out of the EU will not protect us in any meaningful way. A trading bloc which takes around 45% of your exports is economically trashed.....where does that go?

D

Deleted 154930

Right let's do that. Who do you suggest we invade first and with what?

There's auld yin he can't even get a grip on reality never mind his own country. So he's hardly likely to be leading the charge.

Snivelry I like that. One one hand the Eu is a collection of bullying tyrants who won't let us do as we want and stay up late. Or they are an economic basket case.
They can't be both.
You could do worse than google Simon Mann. If you're intentions are stupid.
Did i say anything about invasion ? your words, not mine. I said Front Foot, meaning trying to seize the initiative.

The trouble with the EU negotiations from start to finish, is May has negotiated in good faith, but they have not. The reason, is they do not believe we are equal to them, its breath-taking arrogance on there part. To believe a nation steeped in history, opposed by a collection of bureaucrats and we act in such a cringing way.

We need to seize the initiative and start to break some of those precious rules and make it plain to them, we will no longer be pushed around and treated with disdain.

Last edited by a moderator:
since when was IF black and white? OK You win now there are two alternatives
(1) Airbus was always planning to move, has set up alternative factories, found the skilled labour and is ready to go into production right now. Reasoning, the Logistics of moving Wings from Britain is too expensive, but they were already planning such a move. This would require an EU compensatory strategy, probably paid by us in the first place.
(2) They haven't. But they'll get aboard for another Asset strip venture any way.

Now we're getting into dirty territory now what with Both the BBC AND ITN getting into the political arena. GMB should really be ashamed of themselves and they should be slapped down by the regulators.

So the EU condescends to agree once they've asset stripped us.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 252
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464