Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The obvious answer to no hard border in NI and no difference between GB and NI is for the UK to stay in the SM and the CU.
Might be obvious to you, but I don't think that many people agree with the last part of your sentence. To be more accurate it just needs a full stop after the first use of NI then delete what follows.

Now that may be your "obvious solution" but does not answer the question I asked if you. But then again you don't do answering of questions, do you?

Might be obvious to you, but I don't think that many people agree with the last part of your sentence. To be more accurate it just needs a full stop after the first use of NI then delete what follows.

Now that may be your "obvious solution" but does not answer the question I asked if you. But then again you don't do answering of questions, do you?

I answered your question, it's just that you don't like it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I answered your question, it's just that you don't like it.
Comprehension slipping again? Must be age catching up on you.
I asked "What do you think will be the outcome on the Irish border issue?"

Not what you think some hypothetical solution/method will be but what will the result be. Outcome, not route map! Is that clear enough for you?

Not what you think some hypothetical solution/method will be but what will the result be. Outcome, not route map! Is that clear enough for you?

PMTM will pretend to leave the EU and the UK will remain a significant and aligned partner in the SM and the CU.

Either that or we are stuffed, old man.

Is that sufficient obfuscation and deflection for you?

You ask a question that can only let the responder give a hypothetical situation because nothing is set in stone and then criticise his reasoning as his comprehension slipping because you don't understand the situation?

Another one of your irony tar pits there...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
PMTM will pretend to leave the EU and the UK will remain a significant and aligned partner in the SM and the CU.

Either that or we are stuffed, old man.

Is that sufficient obfuscation and deflection for you?
That's plenty. I'm just relieved that you are so wrong!

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Meanwhile....

Fresh alarm in Italy as apostles of 'Italexit' take control of parliament
Hard-line eurosceptics have swept all the key posts in the budget and finance committees of the Italian parliament, shattering the brief calm in the bond markets and guaranteeing a showdown with Brussels over spending rules.

The cohort of anti-euro legislators from the Five Star Movement and the ‘Italy First’ Lega party will have a powerful say of over fiscal policy and may make it almost impossible for technocrat ministers in the new Italian government to enforce the EU’s draconian ‘bail-in’ rules for banks.
I don't think Brussels is going to be happy - a too big to fail state is just about to tell Brussels to take their spending rules and put them where the sun don't shine.

I don't think the financial markets are going to be too happy either. Italian debt could spiralling out of control in 2 - 3 years.

Wordsmith

Meanwhile....

I don't think Brussels is going to be happy - a too big to fail state is just about to tell Brussels to take their spending rules and put them where the sun don't shine.

I don't think the financial markets are going to be too happy either. Italian debt could spiralling out of control in 2 - 3 years.

Wordsmith
let's see what happens next month. Poland warns proposed eurozone budget 'could be the END of the EU' Poland warns proposed eurozone budget 'could be the end of the EU' | Daily Mail Online meanwhile. Apparently the EU can do two speed membership...

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Meanwhile....

Wordsmith

Italy's parliament has revolving doors, it's had over 60 changes of government since ww2.

Europe doesn't seem to get too annoyed when they start throwing the plates of pasta around.
When you reported a similar stunt less than a month ago it was dealt with and Europe didn't worry overmuch or collapse in a heap.

And now you seem to take some sort of joy at a country or two, our neighbours and NATO allies having some serious social and economic problems .

This is what I dislike about Brexit, it has normalised nasty, unBritish and thuggish behaviour. It has cracked this country.

Dragging seriously ill MPs into the HoC to vote in person.

Threats of violence and abuse at people with a different opinion or the wrong sort of judicial independence or parliamentary sovereignty.
Does that look like the action of a government that's winning?
Or confident and in control?

Italy's parliament has revolving doors, it's had over 60 changes of government since ww2.

Europe doesn't seem to get too annoyed when they start throwing the plates of pasta around.
When you reported a similar stunt less than a month ago it was dealt with and Europe didn't worry overmuch or collapse in a heap.

And now you seem to take some sort of joy at a country or two, our neighbours and NATO allies having some serious social and economic problems .

This is what I dislike about Brexit, it has normalised nasty, unBritish and thuggish behaviour. It has cracked this country.

Dragging seriously ill MPs into the HoC to vote in person.

Threats of violence and abuse at people with a different opinion or the wrong sort of judicial independence or parliamentary sovereignty.
Does that look like the action of a government that's winning?
Or confident and in control?
Nobody does hysteria like we do.

I suspect there is perfect awareness in the ROI that they may just be the sacrificial lamb on that altar of EU 'progress'.

Wordsmith
Oh we're aware of a lot of things....the mouse can sometimes see more then the elephant.

@petergriffen I'm pleased that you're going to all this trouble to research and prepare but, really, a quick post explaining how and why referendums work in Southern Ireland would be grand. Thanks in advance once again.
You want me to explain why/how my country runs and implements referendums in detail....yet you can't even get the name of my country correct?..

BBC world service this morning reporting that Airbus is reconsidering it’s presence is UK, because of the uncertainly over the future trading relationship.

Still, UK companies sell stuff in the UK, so swings and roundabouts, right

Edit:Rampart beat me to it with The Times front page
Airbus heading for the door

Siemens too Stay in customs union, says Siemens boss

You want me to explain why/how my country runs and implements referendums in detail....yet you can't even get the name of my country correct?..
yes, please. I'm intrigued how you run your referendums seeing as you seem to have a distinctly Irish approach to them. How are they different to any other country's referenda? I'm thinking that they are pretty much the same as any other referendi. You ask the plebs to vote on something. According to wiki the Irish constitution has been amended 29 times in this way. Ordinary bill can be put to referendum but to date non have. So basically a referendum in the south is pretty much the same as any other referendum... You just wanted to get a botty on. Because, let's be blunt, your country's referendum on Lisbon was a farce. Your government allows the EU to drag it round by the nose.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 381
S11Blade Brexit 476
B Medals 22