Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Meanwhile....

Fresh alarm in Italy as apostles of 'Italexit' take control of parliament

I don't think Brussels is going to be happy - a too big to fail state is just about to tell Brussels to take their spending rules and put them where the sun don't shine.

I don't think the financial markets are going to be too happy either. Italian debt could spiralling out of control in 2 - 3 years.

Wordsmith

Italy's parliament has revolving doors, it's had over 60 changes of government since ww2.

Europe doesn't seem to get too annoyed when they start throwing the plates of pasta around.
When you reported a similar stunt less than a month ago it was dealt with and Europe didn't worry overmuch or collapse in a heap.

And now you seem to take some sort of joy at a country or two, our neighbours and NATO allies having some serious social and economic problems .

This is what I dislike about Brexit, it has normalised nasty, unBritish and thuggish behaviour. It has cracked this country.

Dragging seriously ill MPs into the HoC to vote in person.

Threats of violence and abuse at people with a different opinion or the wrong sort of judicial independence or parliamentary sovereignty.
Does that look like the action of a government that's winning?
Or confident and in control?

Italy's parliament has revolving doors, it's had over 60 changes of government since ww2.

Europe doesn't seem to get too annoyed when they start throwing the plates of pasta around.
When you reported a similar stunt less than a month ago it was dealt with and Europe didn't worry overmuch or collapse in a heap.

And now you seem to take some sort of joy at a country or two, our neighbours and NATO allies having some serious social and economic problems .

This is what I dislike about Brexit, it has normalised nasty, unBritish and thuggish behaviour. It has cracked this country.

Dragging seriously ill MPs into the HoC to vote in person.

Threats of violence and abuse at people with a different opinion or the wrong sort of judicial independence or parliamentary sovereignty.
Does that look like the action of a government that's winning?
Or confident and in control?
Nobody does hysteria like we do.

I suspect there is perfect awareness in the ROI that they may just be the sacrificial lamb on that altar of EU 'progress'.

Wordsmith
Oh we're aware of a lot of things....the mouse can sometimes see more then the elephant.

@petergriffen I'm pleased that you're going to all this trouble to research and prepare but, really, a quick post explaining how and why referendums work in Southern Ireland would be grand. Thanks in advance once again.
You want me to explain why/how my country runs and implements referendums in detail....yet you can't even get the name of my country correct?..

BBC world service this morning reporting that Airbus is reconsidering it’s presence is UK, because of the uncertainly over the future trading relationship.

Still, UK companies sell stuff in the UK, so swings and roundabouts, right

Edit:Rampart beat me to it with The Times front page
Airbus heading for the door

Siemens too Stay in customs union, says Siemens boss

You want me to explain why/how my country runs and implements referendums in detail....yet you can't even get the name of my country correct?..
yes, please. I'm intrigued how you run your referendums seeing as you seem to have a distinctly Irish approach to them. How are they different to any other country's referenda? I'm thinking that they are pretty much the same as any other referendi. You ask the plebs to vote on something. According to wiki the Irish constitution has been amended 29 times in this way. Ordinary bill can be put to referendum but to date non have. So basically a referendum in the south is pretty much the same as any other referendum... You just wanted to get a botty on. Because, let's be blunt, your country's referendum on Lisbon was a farce. Your government allows the EU to drag it round by the nose.

Last edited:
yes, please. I'm intrigued how you run your referendums seeing as you seem to have a distinctly Irish approach to them. How are they different to any other country's referenda?
Practice, informed electorate, everything laid out clearly in the various laws and practices and procedures of running a referendum etc etc.....the basics, I mean the basics when you're not morons of course.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
yes, please. I'm intrigued how you run your referendums seeing as you seem to have a distinctly Irish approach to them. How are they different to any other country's referenda?
Because they hold them until they get the answer they want/need.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Jürgen (Wolfgang) Maier, chief executive of the German firm's UK operations,
why are you so thick? Anglo-Austrian head of a German business which is looking at the uncertainty of it's fourth largest global customer base... Regardless of his personal views, of course big business want things to stay the same. They don't get built on uncertainty.The customer base isn't moving btw. Jürgen Maier of Siemens: 'British productivity is catching Germany's' eta

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Practice, informed electorate, everything laid out clearly in the various laws and practices and procedures of running a referendum etc etc.....the basics, I mean the basics when you're not morons of course.
And if you don't get the answer you want just re-run the referendum while informing people that this will continue until the "correct" result is reached. The good people of Ireland, not wanting neverendums, vote for the government!

Certainly a practice that is unenviable and one I am glad the UK is rejecting, despite the hard work of Remainiacs.

Latest Threads