Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Tánaiste Simon Coveney has warned that a no-deal scenario is now being seriously contemplated within the European Unoin as Brexit talks stall.......

.....Mr Coveney added: “But let’s be very clear, there will be no withdrawal agreement, no transition agreement and no managed Brexit if the British government do not follow through on their clear commitments in writing to Ireland and the whole EU.”

Tánaiste warns of no-deal Brexit as negotiations stall

You can all dance, and giggle your dicks off for the next 9 months if you want, we can't force you into acting like the country you keep telling everyone you are....but if it's going tits up any way, we'll put the situation out of its misery ourselves, no point needlessly dragging it out.

Not sure if this is the right thread but it certainly speaks of economic recovery #despiteBrexit
tax.JPG

Just charge EU citizens and visitors like the Canadians and Americans do.
Sounds like an economic own goal for the EU
EU own goal? Never ;-)

Obsurd, Brussels doesn't do own goals unless it benefits from a system.

Pretty daming if migration watch are criticizing the EU.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Yeah, we don't make anything in the UK.
choo.JPG

I don't have a degree - three GCE A levels for me and then the Army. I might get round to doing one for enjoyment if work and hobbies allow. Always fancied History.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
To be honest, if you don’t need a degree for work etc, then you might be better seeing if any of the online providers like Udemy, or the free online coursers provided by Harvard and the like, offer courses in history. I certainly recall Kahn Academy also offering online courses in history.

Although not sure if these courses would be taught matter of factly rather than giving you the opportunity to argue the merits of the evidence/reports etc.

Take a huge like, sorry but that vindicates my view entirely. Oh and the Irish should remember.
The Irish do remember. Ask Skid, he remembers things well. He gets them wrong, but he remembers.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't have a degree - three GCE A levels for me and then the Army. I might get round to doing one for enjoyment if work and hobbies allow. Always fancied History.
To be honest, if you don’t need a degree for work etc, then you might be better seeing if any of the online providers like Udemy, or the free online coursers provided by Harvard and the like, offer courses in history. I certainly recall Kahn Academy also offering online courses in history.

Although not sure if these courses would be taught matter of factly rather than giving you the opportunity to argue the merits of the evidence/reports etc.
Drifting off topic, but if you're close to a decent archive (or willing to pony up for for books from Amazon), why don't you consider writing a book on an aspect of history you're interested in? That would teach you about research, let you learn the subject in detail and the difficulties of reconciling different sources of information.

If you find you like the process, a logical step on would be to consider doing a remote learning course (OU?) and getting a formal qualification.

We now return you to our normal programs.

Wordsmith

Thank you - I shall look into that a bit more. Standby for your autographed copy!!
Drifting off topic, but if you're close to a decent archive (or willing to pony up for for books from Amazon), why don't you consider writing a book on an aspect of history you're interested in? That would teach you about research, let you learn the subject in detail and the difficulties of reconciling different sources of information.

If you find you like the process, a logical step on would be to consider doing a remote learning course (OU?) and getting a formal qualification.

We now return you to our normal programs.

Wordsmith
Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just so everyone is aware @PhotEx is the sock puppet account of @meerkatz . The shared IP addresses and the consistent writing style on threads pinged him.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Then you need to read the article.

Read this one while you're at it:

May risks row with Brexiters over plan for single market for goods
Guardian stirring the shit again? You know I read the article you linked, well propaganda really, and don't see any mention of N Ireland and passports/ID docs so it looks again like you are deflecting rather than joining the conversation.

I dont think you have ever given a straight response to anything that remotely looks like it is against your pov.

Guardian stirring the shit again? You know I read the article you linked, well propaganda really, and don't see any mention of N Ireland and passports/ID docs so it looks again like you are deflecting rather than joining the conversation.

I dont think you have ever given a straight response to anything that remotely looks like it is against your pov.
Obfuscation is the name of his game.
He might change it next month.

please elucidate. where did I lecture you on referendums? I see a referendum that was ignored by the EU. Luckily you're going to explain Irish referendums for me. Thanks in advance
for your no doubt comprehensive explaining.
@petergriffen I'm pleased that you're going to all this trouble to research and prepare but, really, a quick post explaining how and why referendums work in Southern Ireland would be grand. Thanks in advance once again.

Latest Threads