Brexit Phase Two - Trade

As if life wasn't bad enough.....

manu.JPG

Because a Tory government - the one ignoring existing regulations - is really going to give a shit about air quality in Swansea ..you think if the don’t comply with EU air quality regulations now, that in 9 months time they will?

Your reply encapsulates Leave’s worldview neatly;
A public health issue in the UK.

EU regulations that aim to alleviate the problem.

An English government that doesn’t give a shit about those regulations - no votes in it - so doesn’t comply.

And, look , magically it’s the fault of the EU because the controls aren’t effective

Perhaps Brexit should happen. Perhaps, the very people who will be most harmed by their own vote do need a colossal kick up the ass. Or lungs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not at all. I'm merely pointing out the absurdity of the argument. Follow it through. UK air is poluted. Because the UK isn't following EU rules... Whilst it's in the EU. Leaving will be bad. Absurd. Even more absurd when you take into account that a stated benefit of the EUis trade from further afield. So even more pollutioncan be producedshipping in stuff from far and wide. No consideration for reducing the need to pollute in the first place. Good news is UK are leading the way in electric cars.

UK manufacturing bounces back in May but masks underlying weakness

A slowdown in new order inflows meant the expansion in production was achieved only by firms working through their backlogs of work. Weaker than expected sales, meanwhile, led to the largest rise in unsold stock in the survey’s 26-year history.”

The truth, as always, is more nuanced than your tractor output figures...

not at all. I'm merely pointing out the absurdity of the argument. Follow it through. UK air is poluted. Because the UK isn't following EU rules... Whilst it's in the EU. Leaving will be bad. Absurd. Even more absurd when you take into account that a stated benefit of the EUis trade from further afield. So even more pollutioncan be producedshipping in stuff from far and wide. No consideration for reducing the need to pollute in the first place. Good news is UK are leading the way in electric cars.
Granted , reduced economic activity will reduce pollution .

The Irish waking up to the idea that Juncker/Barnier weaponising the border is just about to fornicate their economy.

Should have stuck up more for their interests before the terrible twins started acting like idiots
IIRC the number one defender of the Irish and their referendum result in the MEP meeting room was one Nigel farage... that was when the EU decided 'screw the plebs, we want Lisbon ratified'.

Because a Tory government - the one ignoring existing regulations - is really going to give a shit about air quality in Swansea ..you think if the don’t comply with EU air quality regulations now, that in 9 months time they will?

Your reply encapsulates Leave’s worldview neatly;
A public health issue in the UK.

EU regulations that aim to alleviate the problem.

An English government that doesn’t give a shit about those regulations - no votes in it - so doesn’t comply.

And, look , magically it’s the fault of the EU because the controls aren’t effective

Perhaps Brexit should happen. Perhaps, the very people who will be most harmed by their own vote do need a colossal kick up the ass. Or lungs.

Air pollution seems to be a very real issue in Switzerland, so hardly a problem with Tory governments

Poor Swiss air causes 5,000 premature deaths a year

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
[QUOTE="Wordsmith, post: 8633878, member: 52171]

Snipped for the obvious

I suspect both sides are now thinking "oh, f--k, how did we get into this mess".

Wordsmith[/QUOTE]

Some people voted leave

Further to my last:

visa.JPG

IIRC the number one defender of the Irish and their referendum result in the MEP meeting room was one Nigel farage... that was when the EU decided 'screw the plebs, we want Lisbon ratified'.
You have no idea how or why we have referendums here, don't lecture us on them...I'll be voting in more of them in the next 2 and half years then you'll ever get in your entire life.

And the **** in the green jumper is still a ****.

The Irish waking up to the idea that Juncker/Barnier weaponising the border is just about to fornicate their economy.

Should have stuck up more for their interests before the terrible twins started acting like idiots.

Wordsmith
Do you think we don't know what's happening...gombeen Paddy a bit slow on the uptake?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 252
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464