Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Not next month. Rather later than that for the final showdown.

Next month does have the Customs and Trade Bills which will be exciting, though.
Does TM take lessons from you in kicking cans down roads?

So you don't know, either.
Nope - currently sitting on the edge of the Lac de St Croix in the sunshine, eating a pain au raison with a nice espresso to hand and looking forward to getting my paddle board out in a bit! Can't get too excited about this Brexit stuff

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

just taking a lead out of the military playbook where, for instance, no logistic experience or expertise seems to be required to fill a DCOS post. O r an Infantyman can command the Defence School of Transport.
In that case maybe a G3 Ops Ninja should fill the billet; @Brotherton Lad, maybe?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Jesus wept.

£60-70k for such a critical post? Seems a bit miserly

Has anyone paged @meerclutz or @AneurysmAndy ?
How so? They will be Civil Servants therefore no major decisions will be taken by them and they will not be held responsible for any decisions they do take as that will be down to the Minister! On top of this there will be a nice pension and, if things go well, a shiny gong from Aunty Betty! :cool:. Seems like a reasonable recompense for a clerk!

I suspect I will now be subject to a CS verbal whiplashing from jim30 :D

It’s actually a global problem across the entire developed world as higher wages in non agriculture jobs draw cheap labour off the land.

Fruit growers turn to robots to solve labour shortage
Nothing new under the sun, happened in the UK in the early 18th century with the invention of the Spinning Jenny for weaving. This led to automation and the establishment of cloth mills which pulled manpower from the land. Caused riots as a I recall, where crowds went in to smash the new technology - these people were called Luddites.

None, but I twice turned down postdoc positions at two different RG universities.

You?

(although generally the RG bit is only meaningful if you actually worked at one as a researcher...)
I don't have a degree - three GCE A levels for me and then the Army. I might get round to doing one for enjoyment if work and hobbies allow. Always fancied History.

Nothing new under the sun, happened in the UK in the early 18th century with the invention of the Spinning Jenny for weaving. This led to automation and the establishment of cloth mills which pulled manpower from the land. Caused riots as a I recall, where crowds went in to smash the new technology - these people were called Luddites.

So Remain, and by extension the EU, are trying to stifle the natural order of progress through mechanisation leading to increased productivity and prosperity.

How so? They will be Civil Servants therefore no major decisions will be taken by them and they will not be held responsible for any decisions they do take as that will be down to the Minister! On top of this there will be a nice pension and, if things go well, a shiny gong from Aunty Betty! :cool:. Seems like a reasonable recompense for a clerk!

I suspect I will now be subject to a CS verbal whiplashing from jim30 :D
personally I think the Chinese had it right. Chopping their nuts off to keep them in line :)

remainers in new money.

How many times will Mrs TT have to explain that daddy's not drunk, just sleeping to the kids.

Perhaps the outdoor barracks (container) is a smart move?
Clippety cloppety, the brain dead riding to support the brain damaged..

So Remain, and by extension the EU, are trying to stifle the natural order of progress through mechanisation leading to increased productivity and prosperity.
Yes, of course they are my little sock puppet. Your line of reasoning seems to leave a little to be desired.

Still, the soundbite on the Marr show last year of "We have absolutely no plans to increase the level of tax" seems a bit hollow with the NHS tax funding increase.
It's May, feeling vulnerable to a potential leadership challenge. And - classic May - coming up with a half-baked policy in an attempt to shore up her position . The policy is then immediately ripped to pieces and pleases no-on, making Mays position worse.

(We even had Corbyn on PMQ's asking her if her policy was affordable. WFT!!!!!!)

This problem is not strictly Brexit related, but attributable to the mess May has made of the Brexit negotiations and the general loss of confidence in her in the ranks of the Tory party. Without Brexit she might have muddled through and gone down in the history books as a not particularly competent Tory leader. Her inability to show leadership and unite the party (and country) behind her has become glaringly obvious as she's faced the most difficult decisions required of a British prime minister in a generation.

Wordsmith

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 252
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464