Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
"Today Parliament has passed the EU Withdrawal Bill, a crucial step in delivering a smooth and orderly Brexit – the Brexit people voted for." - PM @Theresa_May
So, both Dominic Grieve and the House of Lords bottled it. The rebellion is over.
She has to say stuff like this. I admire your optimism

you'll be floating back from Espanola, across the channel on a lilo. Whining about cuisine or something and that ex-pats in the Costas not being whoppers all the time.
Nope, just put that through Google Translate and it came up with "we don't do alcohol fuelled gibberish".

'Smooth and orderly. It's the new 'Strong and stable', watch this one fall apart too.
It's probably workable until the 6am news in the morning.
You've not heard the slogan JRM is crafting in the event of his entering No10 and taking charge of negotiations

65 million (except for my hedge fund members) die together

'Smooth and orderly. It's the new 'Strong and stable', watch this one fall apart too.
It's probably workable until the 6am news in the morning.
Stop confusing me. I thought "strong and stable" was replaced by "meaningful vote". And now you come up with "smooth and orderly"?
Still, the soundbite on the Marr show last year of "We have absolutely no plans to increase the level of tax" seems a bit hollow with the NHS tax funding increase.

And then ran away and let a slack handful of other Tories vote for his amendment, which he refused to withdraw. Very brave, I'm sure...
If you think government whip instead of Vinnie Jones in this picture and Dominic Grieve instead of Paul Gascoigne, and you'll have a shrewd idea why Grieve chose not to vote against the government.

Wordsmith :smile:

Nearly as impressive as your record of forecasting when the Commons and Lords will see sense and kick Brexit into the long grass.

I don't think Mystic Meg is quaking in her shoes...

Wordsmith :smile:

I haven't made a forecast on that.

It does remain a possibility, though.

According to the latest news there's a shortage of CO2. @Baglock, an outlet for all the waffle and howling you provide.
I couldn't contain myself anymore. I nearly said sorry but I'm sure @brotheton lad will do on my behalf.

According to the latest news there's a shortage of CO2. @Baglock, an outlet for all the waffle and howling you provide.
I couldn't contain myself anymore. I nearly said sorry but I'm sure @brotheton lad will do on my behalf.

Ah. I have enough CO2 here at home for about 3 years' worth of home brew. Stock up while you can, chaps.

Obviously, because this shortage of CO2 has happened after the brexit referendum, it’s the result of brexit.

I await @One_of_the_strange to come along shortly and tell us that without further EU integration supplies of CO2 and sunshine cannot be guaranteed in the future.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 253
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464