Brexit Phase Two - Trade

This good news isn't going away......
us marines.JPG

Pity we aren't where we were two years ago and now we're sitting with slowest growth and highest inflation. Apparently that's quite difficult to do according to some economic bods.
Many EU country’s aren’t caring better than us.

Due to the nature of the U.K. economy we feel the pinch
You have seen the Ashworth poll where a a high proportion of leave voters would get rid of Northern Ireland.
it’s an opinion poll.

I saw an opinion poll about English people getting p*ssed off with Scots.

Did you see this poll?

New poll finds just 21% support for a united Ireland, despite fears about post-Brexit Irish border

United Ireland - Wikipedia

You appear to have reverted back to waffle mode.

I don’t doubt that London (insert any part of the U.K.) is full of insular people who don’t care about other parts of the U.K.

And it hasn't crossed your mind as to why brexiters and ukippers haven't been quoting Churchill like he's going out of style (which he did in 1945)

'We cannot aim at anything less than the Union of Europe as a whole, and we look forward with confidence to the day when that union will be achieved'.
That was one of his. I disagree with it, but that's pointless as he's dead.
so's Bloody Napoleon..... but the memory lingers on

Maybe the UK should do what I do. Buy cheaper steel, make stuff out of it then sell that stuff on on the open market, either at lower cost or greater profit depending on how I feel.

Or when (like I do) a customer comes along who wants UK sourced steel, pay the (small) extra premuin and pass that additional cost on to the (happy) customer.

Have any of you lot actually run any kind of business?
Buy low, sell high, you might be onto something there. Amazing no-one thought of it before.

And yes you are clearly the only one who has run a business, what with you being the cream of the cleverest 52% and all. The rest of us can only look up in awe.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Sick man of Europe? You do know the main reason why, don't you? The more you post, the more I find you a poster of rubbish.
Why. The evil unions, Labour Party, indifferent management lack of unicorns, loss of empire. Churchill dead?

Edit. You’re only catching on now. Boy, you’re slow.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Harley Davison have been in trouble for as long as I can remember. I suspect that the Americans, who are a lot cleverer than we Europeans give them credit for, know exactly what they are doing.
That’s why Harley and Gibson are in trouble. Clever Americans,

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Yep. One company, several factories and a number of departments.

There is a difference between dumping and fair competition. You should not be allowed to sell below the cost price of your product and tariffs should be put in place to prevent that.

If, however, your price is low because you have an efficient manufacturing process, that is fair competition and should be allowed.

The Chinese have been involved in dumping for years. That has destroyed western jobs, with those jobs exported to China.

Do you agree with China destroying western jobs through unfair and sometimes illegal competitive practices?

Wordsmith
So that’s how it’s done. ‘Low pricing due to efficient manufacturing processes, (low wages, poor working conditions and a bowl of rice) that is fair competition and should be allowed.
Quick. Ring No 11.

Sky did a financial work out which I can't find. To save something like 6bn it's going to cost us 22bn, with no appreciable benefit .
Two years into this and no brexiter is able to give anyone an upside to Brexit.
did Grumpy do the weather? Doc as the anchor? You must be Dopey, seeing as you have missed two years of folk giving examples of upsides. We'll not be in the EU, not bound by their stupidity and be able to spend our
money where we want, and be free to do our own deals and business not mired by EU red tape. I've yet to hear a remainer give a balanced forecast of where the EU will be in ten years time. Other than 'isn't the EU fantastic, look unicorns of blue and yellow sh*ting stars'

Foreign investment plummeting

'Jaw-dropping' £300 billion negative swing in foreign investment flows since Brexit

In the UK, FDI outward flows went from minus £22 billion in 2016 to £99.7 billion (positive) the following year.

Inward flows dropped from £196 billion to £15 billion over the same period of time, resulting in a more than £300 billion swing.

The apparent 'drop' is because the previous years figures were massively inflated by a series of large buy ups of UK operations by forego investors, purchases such as ARM

This is more interesting.

Foreign investment in UK technology firms doubles in just one year

Sky did a financial work out which I can't find. To save something like 6bn it's going to cost us 22bn, with no appreciable benefit .
Two years into this and no brexiter is able to give anyone an upside to Brexit.
No, as in a previous post it was a chap called Raoul Ruparel who estimated that UK would be spending 22.5 billion a year to save the 8.5 billion we pay in to the EU.
Of course, he's not quite so knowledgeable as some of the posters on here who know all about high finance and spending and are experts on where we will spend it in the future.
In fact, the Mr Ruparel is such a no-nothing that David Davis hired him as a special advisor to assist on extracting UK from the EU.
Bloody amateurs, hey?

Yep. One company, several factories and a number of departments.

There is a difference between dumping and fair competition. You should not be allowed to sell below the cost price of your product and tariffs should be put in place to prevent that.

If, however, your price is low because you have an efficient manufacturing process, that is fair competition and should be allowed.

The Chinese have been involved in dumping for years. That has destroyed western jobs, with those jobs exported to China.

Do you agree with China destroying western jobs through unfair and sometimes illegal competitive practices?

Wordsmith
globalisation, innit.

This good news isn't going away......
View attachment 338991
Ohh look. Another Brexit Boost good news story based on deceit.

Firstly, the competition pre-dates Brexit - this article dates from 2015

BAE, SAIC Named as Finalists in Marines ACV Competition

second the real kicker.

1529494128578.png

so yeah, the good news for American manufacturing isn't going away. What exactly has this got to do with Brexit, Biff? if you are going to try to mislead, you need to practice more.

Latest Threads