Brexit Phase Two - Trade

We're saying we can't use it. We've rejected it before even trying. Red lines.

I'm enjoying the "We want to leave, the nasty big boys are stopping us and will not tell us how to do it" histrionics and have been since the referendum thread.
have we really? I thought that it was the UKs technical proposal that was rejected ( after 5 days of deliberation meaning either it was quite comprehensive or the EU couldn't be arrsed with it)

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I am genuinely curious how you can conclude that in the light of increased globalism we are better in a protectionist block than out of it.

I am not trying to score points ( I will leave that for others to do) but my instinct (for what it's worth which is not a lot) says that the more globalised things become the more anachronistic a setup like the EU is.
You've never heard of the term Trade wars then

Have you never heard of competition then?

It's good for the consumer and sorts the wheat from the chaff.
I keep on telling everyone that the two biggest markets outside of the EU are intensely protectionist. <No Answers> is the response. Everything goes to the wall because we can't compete and we all live happily ever after?

I keep on telling everyone that the two biggest markets outside of the EU are intensely protectionist. is the response. Everything goes to the wall because we can't compete and we all live happily ever after?
But isn't the EU the biggest protectionist block going?

Wouldn't a true free market be best for everyone?

Tippy tapping from my Samsung using Tapatalk

He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom
sounds like something Ben Kenobi would say. If he had an IQ of 3 and the outlook of a 2 year old. And a head dobber nearly worn down to the nub. Have you ever had the desire to live a hermit in the desert? Look up hermit, it's not a frog puppet.

It was pointed out a number of times that we'd lose full Europol membership,
No that was the gambit, but how the hell anyone could seriously propose that the mitigation of crime should be subject to free movement needs their heads testing. So the EU doesn't want to allow Britain to participate in European Law enforcement. It's been said before, european union attempts to pretend to be interested in the pretence of LE issues is only undermined by the supposition that Schengen works. It doesn't

I keep on telling everyone that the two biggest markets outside of the EU are intensely protectionist. <No Answers> is the response. Everything goes to the wall because we can't compete and we all live happily ever after?
well that's solved then isn't it?

We need the EU because they continue to asset strip, put our farmers at a disadvantage, ignore the Common fishery policy and lie to their own regulators about emissions and Money Laundering. What a great advert for a united Europe.

sounds like something Ben Kenobi would say. If he had an IQ of 3 and the outlook of a 2 year old. And a head dobber nearly worn down to the nub. Have you ever had the desire to live a hermit in the desert? Look up hermit, it's not a frog puppet.
I was quoting Gandalf the White in jest.

everything that the EU does is based around the EU superstate. They don't give a f*ck how half-ar*ed a piece of legislation is, as long as it brings more power and influence to Brussels. That is why they are so reluctant to let UK go. Personally I am looking forward to a good clean break through hard Brexit. The look on barnier's face would be priceless. I don't know why UK hasn't just got up from the negotiations and said 'f*ck this, we'll be in the pub'.

They seem to be doing a highly credible job of looking after the interests of 27.

Such is the dissarray in the eurosceptic camp they're willing to see the break up of the United Kingdom and you think this is a good idea.
Are they?

You want to read the press in the continent. All those horror story’s are two way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 253
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464