Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
that globalisation is b*llocks? You've just supported @Gravelbell when he declared that the EU has unbreakable red lines but nations must kowtow to them. Surely if all this global p*sh involves give and take, the EU should also be subject to such truths.

That's insanity, constant repetition is not going to help you one bit. You may not like it but globalisation is a fact and the world is getting smaller.
Which is why we would be in much better shape in rather than out.

I live here as a Loyalist so I may be slightly biased.. but I really don't give 2 fcuks anymore. I'm sick of my nation being held over a barrel by tin pot nations and unelected politicians in a foreign parliament.
Merkl, Macron, Michel et al are all elected. The EU fonctionnaires do their bidding.

that globalisation is b*llocks? You've just supported @Gravelbell when he declared that the EU has unbreakable red lines but nations must kowtow to them. Surely if all this global p*sh involves give and take, the EU should also be subject to such truths.

You've added to your post. The red lines in this case are HMG red lines. Which ones do you wish to see sacrificed next?

It's worth noting that the winning margin for the referendum - about 4% is roughly the same as would give a narrow win or a minority government in a General Election. Yet despite the small winning margin, no-one contests the legitimacy of the result.

Also, as repeatedly flagged in this thread, no one on the remain side wishes to project the shape of the EU in 10 years time and whether it would be in the UK's interest to belong to an institution committed to 'ever closer political and financial integration'. The equivalent of turning up at a railway station and getting on a train without any idea of the train's destination.

Wordsmith
They contest the result as soon as they enter the opposition benches. Culminating in an election in five years or less. The novelty here is that the opposition isn't opposing, both parties are split so the opposition is from within the government and the disaffected opposition members.

This is as fine an example of democracy at work as you could wish to see. You've probably put "democracy" on ignore though.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I live here as a Loyalist so I may be slightly biased.. but I really don't give 2 fcuks anymore. I'm sick of my nation being held over a barrel by tin pot nations and unelected politicians in a foreign parliament.
The problem is, the only tin pot nations who have us over a barrel is our own in the shape of the DUP and the brexiters in England who would throw us under a bus if it's going to save their face all because of a stupid eurosceptic ideal.

You remember the Anglo Irish agreement, you thought that was a sell out, its nothing to Brexit.

Have a look at today's Ashcroft poll, a majority of brexiters would be happy to dump the north rather than stay in the single market or customs union.
Now it's turning into such a balls up they'll do anything to justify the last two years and attempt some sort of win for Brexit.
That's the sort of fucknuttery we're dealing with.

The problem is, the only tin pot nations who have us over a barrel is our own in the shape of the DUP and the brexiters in England who would throw us under a bus if it's going to save their face all because of a stupid eurosceptic ideal.

You remember the Anglo Irish agreement, you thought that was a sell out, its nothing to Brexit.

Have a look at today's Ashcroft poll, a majority of brexiters would be happy to dump the north rather than stay in the single market or customs union.
Now it's turning into such a balls up they'll do anything to justify the last two years and attempt some sort of win for Brexit.
That's the sort of fucknuttery we're dealing with.

There is no win from Brexit. It's now a matter of cutting the losses and trying to save face.

I think remain's argument revolves around it all being too much like hard work in order to leave... And scary. Like p*ss your pants scary. Do remember that scene in gladiator? They are about to enter the provincial arena (filmed at el hem, Tunisia) chained in pairs, one with a sword and the other sporting a shield. Anyway long story short a really hensch, skilled and confident gladiator (we'll call him Leavex) is chained to some craven halfwit (Remainus). Remainis p*sses himself before entering, holds Leavex back before being struck down. Leavex cuts himself loose and uses his chain as a tool to secure his success.
Did you get that from a paper you don't read?

I reckon that people who voted remain have had a lifetime of clearing up the train crashes caused by people with grandiose plans and no fecking idea.

As we import more from the EU than we export to it, it's just possible that the pain inflicted on EU countries will be even greater than the pain inflicted on the EU.

The UK (for example), is a major export market for German cars. Should those exports be held up and jobs be lost in Germany as a result, I suspect questions would be asked of the German government as to why.

Wordsmith
FFS, you still grasping on to that?

END OF MERKEL would trigger 'uncontrollable' EU-wide break-up: Europe fears 'nightmare'

THE biggest threat to the EU is the imminent collapse of Angela Merkel's fragile coalition, which would lead to a Europe-wide breakup "in an uncontrollable way" according to a leading left-wing and pro-EU commentator.

PUBLISHED: By Oli Smith, EXPRESS.CO.UK, on Monday 18 June 2018.

END OF MERKEL would trigger 'uncontrollable' EU-wide break-up: Europe fears 'nightmare'
Paul Mason? Barrel scraped and then some.

There is no win from Brexit. It's now a matter of cutting the losses and trying to save face.
What a remarkable statement. Friend of Grieves eh?
And the pig got up and slowly walked away.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 287
S11Blade Brexit 474
B Medals 22