Brexit Phase Two - Trade

As we import more from the EU than we export to it, it's just possible that the pain inflicted on EU countries will be even greater than the pain inflicted on the EU.

The UK (for example), is a major export market for German cars. Should those exports be held up and jobs be lost in Germany as a result, I suspect questions would be asked of the German government as to why.

Wordsmith
FFS, you still grasping on to that?

END OF MERKEL would trigger 'uncontrollable' EU-wide break-up: Europe fears 'nightmare'

THE biggest threat to the EU is the imminent collapse of Angela Merkel's fragile coalition, which would lead to a Europe-wide breakup "in an uncontrollable way" according to a leading left-wing and pro-EU commentator.

PUBLISHED: By Oli Smith, EXPRESS.CO.UK, on Monday 18 June 2018.

END OF MERKEL would trigger 'uncontrollable' EU-wide break-up: Europe fears 'nightmare'
Paul Mason? Barrel scraped and then some.

There is no win from Brexit. It's now a matter of cutting the losses and trying to save face.
What a remarkable statement. Friend of Grieves eh?
And the pig got up and slowly walked away.

You're normally more supportive of the EU.
I'm not, showing why something is the way it is doesn't mean I support it all. It came down to the EU winning a best dressed man in Albania competition in comparison with the vision offered by the snake oil salesmen.

These people do not have the best interests of our country at heart, which is why they're preventing any meaningful negotiation.

We haven't offered the EU solution have we? Red lines?
neither have the EU.

Thus adding credence to the hypothesis that the EU are making a mountain out of a molehill in order to retain cash and control.

But you believe what you like, I a m just enjoying the occasional glimpse into the bleating heart of the remain camp.

So, it's pretty clear that there are no benefits to brexit for the UK.

When the lies are stripped away, all that's left are xenophobia, exceptionalism and irrational hatred of the EU
I’m not xenophobic.

I voted leave because of what the EU has turned into.

Interestingly, this guy is the founding father of the EU.

Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi - Wikipedia

He’s the guy that set the wheels in motion and even pushed for ‘Ode to Joy’ to be it’s national anthem.

AT NO TIME, did he advocate a United States of Europe.

We voted for this, leaving was not imposed by Europe. The European negotiators shouldn’t be held responsible for wanting what’s right for their own country. Its just a pity our lot aren’t doing the same for us.
The very thing the leavers seem to be banging on about most, ie: the USE. Thanks to us having no say or influence in Europe or its future the brexiters have almost guaranteed it.
Well done.
European negotiators don’t represent a country.

That's insanity, constant repetition is not going to help you one bit. You may not like it but globalisation is a fact and the world is getting smaller.
Which is why we would be in much better shape in rather than out.
I am genuinely curious how you can conclude that in the light of increased globalism we are better in a protectionist block than out of it.

I am not trying to score points ( I will leave that for others to do) but my instinct (for what it's worth which is not a lot) says that the more globalised things become the more anachronistic a setup like the EU is.

neither have the EU.

Thus adding credence to the hypothesis that the EU are making a mountain out of a molehill in order to retain cash and control.

But you believe what you like, I a m just enjoying the occasional glimpse into the bleating heart of the remain camp.
We're saying we can't use it. We've rejected it before even trying. Red lines.

I'm enjoying the "We want to leave, the nasty big boys are stopping us and will not tell us how to do it" histrionics and have been since the referendum thread.

no, I don't dig globalisation. It's not the way I feel we should be going. We can 'globalise' more effectively than the current model driven by manmade economic models.
Smash the system down in the hope that something will magically replace it.

He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 253
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464