Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I’ve just ( briefly) unignored baglock s post, to get the full gist of yours.
The amount of unsupported projection is very similar to Cathy Newman on C4.
( just before she was evicerated byJordan Peterson).
Such a profound lack of knowledge combined with utter certainty of what it/ she/ he, thinks is right, is rather sad, but hey most of the EU’s cheerleaders on here ( not all) ,are a strangely unappealing bunch come to think of it.
There one saving grace is it is unlikely any have , or ever will conduct a trade deal. Thank goodness.
"Briefly unignored" <snigger>

Barnier now saying we can't stay in the European Arrest Warrant scheme.

It just seems that they have a timetable pre-planned to announce we can't remain in anything post Brexit.. whats the point of negotiating.

Just tell them to fcuk off, shove their 40 billion quid leaving bill up their hoop and resort to a hard border with the Republic and WTO rules regarding trade.
the EAW isn't the best thing in the world to stay in. It’s not just Eurosceptics who think the European arrest warrant is rotten | Shami Chakrabarti nicely explains how the EU crowbars sh*t legislation through too. By mixing it with 30+ other proposals on a take all or none basis. No cherry picking whilst a member of the EU either it would seem.

As ever you choose to be tendentious.

My (re) posting of the link was in response to a re-emergence of the wailing that such a border could not be done.

My point was that even the EU study says it can.

Not a comment on the political, merely a reminder that trade (in that particular part of the world) need not be overly hampered.

One wonders why the EU are not pushing for their own solution. Maybe that finding in the Ashcroft poll has something to say on the matter.
We haven't offered the EU solution have we? Red lines?

Why.. Surely those other nations around the world we wish to have trade agreememnts with could see we're being shafted and recognise we're standing up for the rights of our citizens.

I thought a negotiation was a 2 way street.. it seems we say to Barnier we propose this idea..he then goes nope you take the EU's idea or fcuk off.
Ah. You appear to have ignored HMG's self-imposed red line regarding the ECJ.

Did you actually know what you were voting for?

dark blue passports seem very important to you remainers. Not sure why you despise national sovereignty. Some sort of chattering class guilt?
They also seem to forget that sovereignty also means responsibility but as I'm finding out at the moment no one seems to want responsibility for anything, but are only to happy to take the money

dark blue passports seem very important to you remainers. Not sure why you despise national sovereignty. Some sort of chattering class guilt?

A globalised world means some sacrifice of national sovereignty for a shared benefit.

I'll continue apologising to visitors for the likes of you not recognising an obvious truth.

Why.. Surely those other nations around the world we wish to have trade agreements with could see we're being shafted and recognise we're standing up for the rights of our citizens.
Trump has just demonstrated how much that recognition is worth. "America First", remember? No country is going to give us an inch because we're "standing up for the rights of our citizens", because they don't give a damn about anyone other than their own citizens. "Let's take it easy on the Plucky Brits" doesn't get an American or Indian or Chinese President any votes... all you'll see is "they're desperate, let's see whether we can screw an even better deal out of them". If you think otherwise, you really are living in fairyland.

I thought a negotiation was a 2 way street.. it seems we say to Barnier we propose this idea..he then goes nope you take the EU's idea or fcuk off.
Before the referendum, the EU said: here are our four key freedoms. No, we won't negotiate on them. Cameron tried to negotiate, Cameron failed.

During the referendum, when the Remain campaign tried to point this out, the Leave campaign insisted that this was utter rubbish, "Project Fear", and that of course the EU would do a deal that gave us restrictions on freedom of movement, because it was in their interest to sell us cars and wine and stuff. When people started to ask how the Irish border was going to work, the Leave campaign had an attack of "La-La-La-can't hear you".

Surprise, surprise, the EU has been entirely consistent. They say: here are our four key freedoms. No, we won't negotiate on them. Oh, and how is the Irish border going to work?

Exactly why is the EU's failure to do what Brexiteers have demanded, in the face of all previous statements, been a surprise? How is it "their fault"? Please, do explain this...

Last edited:
Before the referendum, the EU said: here are our four key freedoms. No, we won't negotiate on them. Cameron tried to negotiate, Cameron failed.

During the referendum, when the Remain campaign tried to point this out, the Leave campaign insisted that this was utter rubbish, "Project Fear", and that the EU would do a deal that gave us restrictions on freedom of movement, because it was in their interest to sell us cars and wine and stuff.

Surprise, surprise, the EU has been entirely consistent. They say: here are our four key freedoms. No, we won't negotiate on them.

Exactly why is the EU's failure to do what Brexiteers have demanded, in the face of all previous statements, been a surprise? How is it "their fault"? Please, do explain this...

I think it's because some people think we are somehow 'speshul'.

It's all rather embarrassing.

A globalised world means some sacrifice of national sovereignty for a shared benefit.

I'll continue apologising to visitors for the likes of you not recognising an obvious truth.
that globalisation is b*llocks? You've just supported @Gravelbell when he declared that the EU has unbreakable red lines but nations must kowtow to them. Surely if all this global p*sh involves give and take, the EU should also be subject to such truths.

shipping something halfway around the world, that could be made locally, slurping diesel, using resources... And this is sane to you? The way we should be going?

You didn't answer my question.

It's like you're arguing for the gravity model of trading more efficiently with our nearest neighbours, in which case I agree with you.

Barnier now saying we can't stay in the European Arrest Warrant scheme.

It just seems that they have a timetable pre-planned to announce we can't remain in anything post Brexit.. whats the point of negotiating.

Just tell them to fcuk off, shove their 40 billion quid leaving bill up their hoop and resort to a hard border with the Republic and WTO rules regarding trade.
You were all told this over two years ago.

It was pointed out a number of times that we'd lose full Europol membership, access to databases and the EAW during the referendum threads. It's was all laughed off and dismissed out of hand at the time. Why is it suddenly important now?

This isn't about a negotiating, it's about EU data protection laws and who can see what.