Brexit Phase Two - Trade

That, as a chap I know used to say, is the answer to a different question.

let me try another way.

is there a technical solution that avoids a hard border?

why do you think that the EU solution is for that part of the UK to remain in the internal market and customs union rather than them requiring a set up as proposed in their paper?

I have no intentions of going back to any drawing board thank you. Your undivided tendention is reward enough.
You are most welcome. Perhaps next time you could try and add value rather than obfuscate with what you think the problem is, rather than the actual problem.

Actually... perhaps not. Pray continue. As @One_of_the_strange notes, people that misunderstand Brexit are the best hope for collapsing it - so do carry on. ^^

So in effect it remains in whether the EU likes it or not, to repudiate it is by definition and ecouragement of crime.
When we leave, the EU by the sounds of it will cancel any access we have to extradition under the present scheme and any access EU police forces have to the scheme in the UK.

In effect it will have to be repealed and a new treaty negotiated with the EU when we leave.

Calm down shakey. Still fantasising that being an aircraft mechanic fifty years ago makes you an SME on the intricities of aviation after Brexit?
Quoth the arch fantasist, boxist, brian experimentist, squattist, ageist and clip clopper..

Also, as repeatedly flagged in this thread, no one on the remain side wishes to project the shape of the EU in 10 years time and whether it would be in the UK's interest to belong to an institution committed to 'ever closer political and financial integration'. The equivalent of turning up at a railway station and getting on a train without any idea of the train's destination.
I think remain's argument revolves around it all being too much like hard work in order to leave... And scary. Like p*ss your pants scary. Do remember that scene in gladiator? They are about to enter the provincial arena (filmed at el hem, Tunisia) chained in pairs, one with a sword and the other sporting a shield. Anyway long story short a really hensch, skilled and confident gladiator (we'll call him Leavex) is chained to some craven halfwit (Remainus). Remainis p*sses himself before entering, holds Leavex back before being struck down. Leavex cuts himself loose and uses his chain as a tool to secure his success.

Except that people have often voted for options which have left them worse off, as even the most cursory review of the Blair/Brown public expenditure and the related borrowing policy during that period demonstrates.

I do dismiss your assertions to a great extent because they assume, amongst other things, that everyone's experience of the EU is economically and socially positive. Further, you have consistently lacked the imagination to understand why people might dissent from your view, even if you don't agree with it.

You have no idea what the long term economic or political future of either the UK or the EU will be and your default assumption that the UK will crater whilst the EU goes from strength to strength is simply remedial.

I get that don't understand or want to engage on the constitutional piece but it's unavoidable. For example, what's all the controversy over the status of the Irish border if not a constitutional question?
very little point engaging with @Baglock (I assume) he's a bit of a mong.

D

Deleted 154930

Occam's razor suggests brexit is bollox. So I can see remainer perspectives. But, that is entirely predicated, on the EU never changing in future.
If you then apply the razor again and put brexit NOW versus the EU of the future, would it not be less damaging to leave, when we can ??

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I think remain's argument revolves around it all being too much like hard work in order to leave... And scary. Like p*ss your pants scary. Do remember that scene in gladiator? They are about to enter the provincial arena (filmed at el hem, Tunisia) chained in pairs, one with a sword and the other sporting a shield. Anyway long story short a really hensch, skilled and confident gladiator (we'll call him Leavex) is chained to some craven halfwit (Remainus). Remainis p*sses himself before entering, holds Leavex back before being struck down. Leavex cuts himself loose and uses his chain as a tool to secure his success.
Too much like hard work in order to leave. Do you ever read what you write.

Was there a plan? Some sort of mission statement. We're going to do this, go here and achieve a particular outcome.
What we were going to do was get a batch of sound bites and one major fib which didn't survive the first 24 hours following the referendum.

What seriously worried me as a remainer was the fact that no one seemed to know the difference between a border and a coastline.
And when the Europeans turned up and asked what plans we had for the border they realised very quickly we hadn't any and worse weren't even sure where it was.
'No that's a coastline, we mean the Irish land border. The one you're keen to take back control of'.

The brexiters still hadn't a clue. So the Europeans threw us a bone, offered us a backstop and decided as it wasn't going anywhere we could sort it out in the future.
2 years later, we're still no closer to a solution (well there's the obvious one, but we'll put that off until the bitter end)

The other bit which had me worried was trade, we already had a foreign and really foreign trade set up (through the eu, with the eu and a load of other countries)which we were going to dump.

Then it was announced with bells and whistles that we were going to China. The PM was going to China, we were going to do great things and give the finger to the eu and the rest of the unbelievers.

What did we find, the Germans had been in there for over a decade. We could have done exactly the same thing only we didn't bother our backsides.

It's nothing to do with fear or not being a homoerotic movie fan. It's stupidity I object to.

Wordsmiths still probably predicting Europe as a smoking hole. Surely there's an upside to Brexit.
Share it.

1529437177651.png