Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Sterling self deception there from the Duty Fantasist. Well done! ^^

View attachment 338904
“all our cash” ^^
Or there's this one:

Raoul Ruparel (yes I had to look him up, apparently he is a special advisor to David Davis on his mission to exit the EU) has come up with the UK having to spend some 22.5 billion a year to the EU in things like tariffs, export duties and payments to regulatory bodies.
As Mr Ruparel himself has put it, UK will be spending some 22.5 billion a year to save 8.5 billion.
Loads left over for the NHS, then.

Or there's this one:

Raoul Ruparel (yes I had to look him up, apparently he is a special advisor to David Davis on his mission to exit the EU) has come up with the UK having to spend some 22.5 billion a year to the EU in things like tariffs, export duties and payments to regulatory bodies.
As Mr Ruparel himself has put it, UK will be spending some 22.5 billion a year to save 8.5 billion.
Loads left over for the NHS, then.

Yes, but sovereignty and dark blue passports.

Sterling self deception there from the Duty Fantasist. Well done! ^^

View attachment 338904
“all our cash” ^^
It would be tedious to point out that much of the £8.6 billion net we fork over to the EU goes into improving the infrastructure of countries like Poland, Greece and Roumania, enabling those countries to better compete commercially with the UK in world markets. I can't recall many other business models where you pay money to your competitors to help them become more efficient.

Other parts of our contribution go into the CAP, which keeps French farmers happy and also markedly increases the price of food in the UK, in part because of import tariffs used to keep cheaper food from the rest of the world out of the EU.

Our net contribution does not include the costs of MEP's, advisers, interpreters and other hangers on. Not to mention the cost of them shuttling between Strasbourg, Luxembourg and Brussels because the EU parliament sits in three places as a grubby piece of pork barrel politics. I should also mention the completely unaudited expenses that these people have and the EU's habit of trying to silence whistle-blowers when someone periodically points out the corruption.

It would also be tedious to point out that part of the 0.7% of GDP that goes into our foreign aid budget is handed straight over to the EU, who then repackages it as EU aid. Instead of the UK getting political influence from that aid money, the EU gets the benefit of spending our money.

But apart from that, what have the Romans done for us?

Wordsmith

That will go down with all those other countries we wish to sign trade deals with and will destroy our unicorn exporting businesses.
Why.. Surely those other nations around the world we wish to have trade agreememnts with could see we're being shafted and recognise we're standing up for the rights of our citizens.

I thought a negotiation was a 2 way street.. it seems we say to Barnier we propose this idea..he then goes nope you take the EU's idea or fcuk off.

It would be tedious to point out that much of the £8.6 billion net we fork over to the EU goes into improving the infrastructure of countries like Poland, Greece and Roumania, enabling those countries to better compete commercially with the UK in world markets. I can't recall many other business models where you pay money to your competitors to help them become more efficient.

Other parts of our contribution go into the CAP, which keeps French farmers happy and also markedly increases the price of food in the UK, in part because of import tariffs used to keep cheaper food from the rest of the world out of the EU.

Our net contribution does not include the costs of MEP's, advisers, interpreters and other hangers on. Not to mention the cost of them shuttling between Strasbourg, Luxembourg and Brussels because the EU parliament sits in three places as a grubby piece of pork barrel politics. I should also mention the completely unaudited expenses that these people have and the EU's habit of trying to silence whistle-blowers when someone periodically points out the corruption.

It would also be tedious to point out that part of the 0.7% of GDP that goes into our foreign aid budget is handed straight over to the EU, who then repackages it as EU aid. Instead of the UK getting political influence from that aid money, the EU gets the benefit of spending our money.

But apart from that, what have the Romans done for us?

Wordsmith
Wow! 2016 again? Where did the years go?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
That's just peachy. Every so often I throw a few bob at Kickstarter mostly techie stuff.
This afternoon I get the news that thanks to our 'overvalued pound, settling out' (copyright some idiot on here). I've been informed that thanks to the pound dropping like a stone against the dollar, one of my Kickstarter deals due to be lifted at the end of June looks to be a hell of a lot more expensive.

Perhaps cloth bomber would benefit from some CBT, or heavy medication?

unfortunatly sad sacks your way out on my age along with so much else.
I’m not the proven multiple identity fibber spending my life on here. Or that sad little shit over the water. Who just can’t help being an unpleasant fantasist.You do know when you won site penis the difference between being laughed with and laughed at don’t you?
That was rhetorical as back in the not worth reading bin you go.[/QUOTE]

Calm down shakey. Still fantasising that being an aircraft mechanic fifty years ago makes you an SME on the intricacies of aviation after Brexit?

Last edited:
Extraditions to any EU nation fall under the European Arrest Warrants scheme.

"Part 1 of the Extradition Act 2003 (the ‘2003 act’) implements the European Arrest Warrant (EAW) framework decision. The EAW applies to extradition between the following territories (designated as ‘category 1 territories’ under the 2003 act):"
So in effect it remains in whether the EU likes it or not, to repudiate it is by definition and ecouragement of crime.

That, as a chap I know used to say, is the answer to a different question.

let me try another way.

is there a technical solution that avoids a hard border?

why do you think that the EU solution is for that part of the UK to remain in the internal market and customs union rather than them requiring a set up as proposed in their paper?

I have no intentions of going back to any drawing board thank you. Your undivided tendention is reward enough.
You are most welcome. Perhaps next time you could try and add value rather than obfuscate with what you think the problem is, rather than the actual problem.

Actually... perhaps not. Pray continue. As @One_of_the_strange notes, people that misunderstand Brexit are the best hope for collapsing it - so do carry on. ^^

So in effect it remains in whether the EU likes it or not, to repudiate it is by definition and ecouragement of crime.
When we leave, the EU by the sounds of it will cancel any access we have to extradition under the present scheme and any access EU police forces have to the scheme in the UK.

In effect it will have to be repealed and a new treaty negotiated with the EU when we leave.

Calm down shakey. Still fantasising that being an aircraft mechanic fifty years ago makes you an SME on the intricities of aviation after Brexit?
Quoth the arch fantasist, boxist, brian experimentist, squattist, ageist and clip clopper..

Also, as repeatedly flagged in this thread, no one on the remain side wishes to project the shape of the EU in 10 years time and whether it would be in the UK's interest to belong to an institution committed to 'ever closer political and financial integration'. The equivalent of turning up at a railway station and getting on a train without any idea of the train's destination.
I think remain's argument revolves around it all being too much like hard work in order to leave... And scary. Like p*ss your pants scary. Do remember that scene in gladiator? They are about to enter the provincial arena (filmed at el hem, Tunisia) chained in pairs, one with a sword and the other sporting a shield. Anyway long story short a really hensch, skilled and confident gladiator (we'll call him Leavex) is chained to some craven halfwit (Remainus). Remainis p*sses himself before entering, holds Leavex back before being struck down. Leavex cuts himself loose and uses his chain as a tool to secure his success.

Except that people have often voted for options which have left them worse off, as even the most cursory review of the Blair/Brown public expenditure and the related borrowing policy during that period demonstrates.

I do dismiss your assertions to a great extent because they assume, amongst other things, that everyone's experience of the EU is economically and socially positive. Further, you have consistently lacked the imagination to understand why people might dissent from your view, even if you don't agree with it.

You have no idea what the long term economic or political future of either the UK or the EU will be and your default assumption that the UK will crater whilst the EU goes from strength to strength is simply remedial.

I get that don't understand or want to engage on the constitutional piece but it's unavoidable. For example, what's all the controversy over the status of the Irish border if not a constitutional question?
very little point engaging with @Baglock (I assume) he's a bit of a mong.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 252
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464