Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I see many leavers wanting a hard border. Is it not a concern that paddy will use it as an excuse to kick off again?
I live here as a Loyalist so I may be slightly biased.. but I really don't give 2 fcuks anymore. I'm sick of my nation being held over a barrel by tin pot nations and unelected politicians in a foreign parliament.

Barnier now saying we can't stay in the European Arrest Warrant scheme.

It just seems that they have a timetable pre-planned to announce we can't remain in anything post Brexit.. whats the point of negotiating.

Just tell them to fcuk off, shove their 40 billion quid leaving bill up their hoop and resort to a hard border with the Republic and WTO rules regarding trade.
Leave means Leave, after all.

You want to talk bollocks without being challenged, using the ignore function is a sign of weakness, as is telling everyone who you have on ignore, as is having little peeks - which you do and I can normally tell when you have.

You lack originality and repeat that day's papers with the words rearranged a wee bit and have absolutely no idea of your own ignorance. My two favourites are you telling us what a good PM TMPM would be and describing a commercial decision by the FT as vulnerability.
The haters will hate

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Not championing the solution. I happen to be a Hard Border affectionado. Simply saying that those who decree that a "smart" border cannot be done need to read the EUs own conclusion.
What’s that then, a deep and abiding interest in striped poles and wooden huts?

Perhaps cloth bomber would benefit from some CBT, or heavy medication?[/QUOTE]

Insecurities don't always resolve with age.

Perhaps cloth bomber would benefit from some CBT, or heavy medication?
unfortunatly sad sacks your way out on my age along with so much else.
I’m not the proven multiple identity fibber spending my life on here. Or that sad little shit over the water. Who just can’t help being an unpleasant fantasist.You do know when you won site penis the difference between being laughed with and laughed at don’t you?
That was rhetorical as back in the not worth reading bin you go.

As ever you choose to be tendentious.

My (re) posting of the link was in response to a re-emergence of the wailing that such a border could not be done.

My point was that even the EU study says it can.

Not a comment on the political, merely a reminder that trade (in that particular part of the world) need not be overly hampered.

One wonders why the EU are not pushing for their own solution. Maybe that finding in the Ashcroft poll has something to say on the matter.
As ever, you choose to be selective.

The solution put forward by the EU does not meet the criteria required by HMG.

Therefore, as far as U.K. PLC is concerned with respect to the border in Northern Ireland, this is not a viable solution.

So I suggest you go back to the drawing board and actually consider what HMG is trying to achieve.

In case you had missed it, the EU have tabled their own solution to the border issue that removes the need for physical infrastructure and is agreed by HMG, commonly known as staying in the Internal Market and Customs Union.

1/10, you must try harder. ^^

It just seems that they have a timetable pre-planned to announce we can't remain in anything post Brexit.. whats the point of negotiating.

Just tell them to fcuk off, shove their 40 billion quid leaving bill up their hoop and resort to a hard border with the Republic and WTO rules regarding trade.

It would appear Barnier Is ignoring the main worries of the EUs populations

Immigration, terrorism top concern list of Europeans: poll

Perhaps cloth bomber would benefit from some CBT, or heavy medication?

unfortunatly sad sacks your way out on my age along with so much else.
I’m not the proven multiple identity fibber spending my life on here. Or that sad little shit over the water. Who just can’t help being an unpleasant fantasist.You do know when you won site penis the difference between being laughed with and laughed at don’t you?
That was rhetorical as back in the not worth reading bin you go.[/QUOTE]
That's a bite

You repeatedly point out that you have me on ignore, yet the first time I mention you, a teary rant ensues.

I actually feel a bit sorry for you.

Carry on

END OF MERKEL would trigger 'uncontrollable' EU-wide break-up: Europe fears 'nightmare'

THE biggest threat to the EU is the imminent collapse of Angela Merkel's fragile coalition, which would lead to a Europe-wide breakup "in an uncontrollable way" according to a leading left-wing and pro-EU commentator.

PUBLISHED: By Oli Smith, EXPRESS.CO.UK, on Monday 18 June 2018.

END OF MERKEL would trigger 'uncontrollable' EU-wide break-up: Europe fears 'nightmare'
Titter ye not but there's a striking similarity between Angela Merkel and Frankie Howerd. Perhaps there was some top secret post-war initiative to improve the German sense of humour...

1529425893137.png

Last edited:

So what's wrong with extradition agreements already existing?

So what's wrong with extradition agreements already existing?
Extraditions to any EU nation fall under the European Arrest Warrants scheme.

"Part 1 of the Extradition Act 2003 (the ‘2003 act’) implements the European Arrest Warrant (EAW) framework decision. The EAW applies to extradition between the following territories (designated as ‘category 1 territories’ under the 2003 act):"

As ever, you choose to be selective.

The solution put forward by the EU does not meet the criteria required by HMG.

Therefore, as far as U.K. PLC is concerned with respect to the border in Northern Ireland, this is not a viable solution.

So I suggest you go back to the drawing board and actually consider what HMG is trying to achieve.

In case you had missed it, the EU have tabled their own solution to the border issue that removes the need for physical infrastructure and is agreed by HMG, commonly known as staying in the Internal Market and Customs Union.

1/10, you must try harder. ^^
That, as a chap I know used to say, is the answer to a different question.

let me try another way.

is there a technical solution that avoids a hard border?

why do you think that the EU solution is for that part of the UK to remain in the internal market and customs union rather than them requiring a set up as proposed in their paper?

I have no intentions of going back to any drawing board thank you. Your undivided tendention is reward enough.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 252
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464