Brexit Phase Two - Trade

This would be the very same border proposal explicitly rejected by HMG?

Gosh, I wonder why that could be? :biggrin:

"We have been clear all along that we don’t want to go back to a hard border in Ireland. We have ruled out any physical infrastructure at the border, or any related checks and controls. "

PM speech on our future economic partnership with the European Union

Yet in your report you seem to think is the solution...

Mobile Control and Inspection Units - checks and controls
Technical surveillance of border (CCTV, ANPR etc) - physical infrastructure

"At the border the mobile phone of the driver is recognized/identified and a release -note is sent to the mobile phone with a permit to pass the border that opens the gate automatically when the vehicle is identified, potentially by an automatic number plate registration system." - physical infrastructure

"SmartGates: The use of smart gates or fast-scanning or machine reading technologies to facilitate the fast movement of persons through the border and to support risk management." - physical infrastructure

"If travelling through one of the major crossings, special lanes can be established for people travelling under the CTA supported by the technologies outlined below.." - physical infra...

..oh what's the point. You've clearly decided the EU has the solution over HMGs own position.

It is indeed a curious Brexit when Leavers are championing the EU's solution over HMGs own policy. Your lack of patriotism is noted for when it all comes crashing down. =-D

I’ve just ( briefly) unignored baglock s post, to get the full gist of yours.
The amount of unsupported projection is very similar to Cathy Newman on C4.
( just before she was evicerated byJordan Peterson).
Such a profound lack of knowledge combined with utter certainty of what it/ she/ he, thinks is right, is rather sad, but hey most of the EU’s cheerleaders on here ( not all) ,are a strangely unappealing bunch come to think of it.
There one saving grace is it is unlikely any have , or ever will conduct a trade deal. Thank goodness.
A Peterson ”fan”. *chortle*.

The main benefit of Brexit is that it is what the majority of those who could be bothered actually voted for, plain and simple.
Ah yes, I remember the ballot slip well.

1) Remain in the European Union

2) Leave the European Union, except for the bits where we have to continue to contribute money to the EU until the year 2064, remain subject to the remit of the ECJ in matters of Citizenship, Aviation and Nuclear, probably judical and security co-operation, beg for continued access ot the European Arrest Warrant, continue to contribute to the EU in defence matters, further subdivide the Island of Ireland into areas where the Single Market and Customs Union shall continue to apply, retain taxation and regulatory alignment with the EU and mirror exactly their regulations to ensure supply chains remain aligned, remain a party to the ECHR and continue to have a political and diplomatic presence in the EU, just without any votes, while tanking the economy by about £15 billion a year that could otherwise be spent on the NHS.

Yeah, plain and simple. They were happier times. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Ah yes, I remember the ballot slip well.

1) Remain in the European Union

2) Leave the European Union, except for the bits where we have to continue to contribute money to the EU until the year 2064, remain subject to the remit of the ECJ in matters of Citizenship, Aviation and Nuclear, probably judical and security co-operation, beg for continued access ot the European Arrest Warrant, continue to contribute to the EU in defence matters, further subdivide the Island of Ireland into areas where the Single Market and Customs Union shall continue to apply, retain taxation and regulatory alignment with the EU and mirror exactly their regulations to ensure supply chains remain aligned, remain a party to the ECHR and continue to have a political and diplomatic presence in the EU, just without any votes, while tanking the economy by about £15 billion a year that could otherwise be spent on the NHS.

Yeah, plain and simple. They were happier times. :biggrin:
Best we wait and see.

I would prefer titanium brexit but there we go.

And I disagree about happier times. As did the majority of other voters.

This would be the very same border proposal explicitly rejected by HMG?

Gosh, I wonder why that could be? :biggrin:

"We have been clear all along that we don’t want to go back to a hard border in Ireland. We have ruled out any physical infrastructure at the border, or any related checks and controls. "

PM speech on our future economic partnership with the European Union

Yet in your report you seem to think is the solution...

Mobile Control and Inspection Units - checks and controls
Technical surveillance of border (CCTV, ANPR etc) - physical infrastructure

"At the border the mobile phone of the driver is recognized/identified and a release -note is sent to the mobile phone with a permit to pass the border that opens the gate automatically when the vehicle is identified, potentially by an automatic number plate registration system." - physical infrastructure

"SmartGates: The use of smart gates or fast-scanning or machine reading technologies to facilitate the fast movement of persons through the border and to support risk management." - physical infrastructure

"If travelling through one of the major crossings, special lanes can be established for people travelling under the CTA supported by the technologies outlined below.." - physical infra...

..oh what's the point. You've clearly decided the EU has the solution over HMGs own position.

It is indeed a curious Brexit when Leavers are championing the EU's solution over HMGs own policy. Your lack of patriotism is noted for when it all comes crashing down. =-D
Not championing the solution. I happen to be a Hard Border affectionado. Simply saying that those who decree that a "smart" border cannot be done need to read the EUs own conclusion.

Not championing the solution. I happen to be a Hard Border affectionado. Simply saying that those who decree that a "smart" border cannot be done need to read the EUs own conclusion.
Yes, I can see the headlines now. Shock as EU study finds EU solution to EU problem.

Are you always this easily brought off? ^^

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 351
S11Blade Brexit 475
B Medals 22