Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Isn't that because Catholic Bavaria is never quite sure it's a part of Germany ruled from Berlin or a part of the defunct Austro-Hungarian Empire ruled from Vienna?
pretty much, It was in the forefront of the 1848 risings, tends to be Pro France anti Austria so they tend to be pretty volatile in terms of politics. They really don't like the Idea of a Berlin led Germany. If they can bring down a Berlin led Government that'll do. It's pretty much like Scots Politics.

There's no doubt that refugees are causing both the EU and member states significant stress. However, the cause is primarily the conflict and instability in the source countries.

Destroying institutions and sacking leaders will ultimately solve nothing, unless their replacements are able to solve the issues at source.

pretty much, It was in the forefront of the 1848 risings, tends to be Pro France anti Austria so they tend to be pretty volatile in terms of politics. They really don't like the Idea of a Berlin led Germany. If they can bring down a Berlin led Government that'll do. It's pretty much like Scots Politics.

Battle of Blenheim 1704 still has echoes, then?

One of the most sensible posts you’ve made. Although you’ve made no mention of the head of the remain campaign telling the civil service not to prepare.
I've been saying this for a long while. Funny how all of a sudden I'm making sense rather than being a traitorous remainer. It's almost as if the information campaign is working on the target audience.

Er really. In which case just how the hell does the CTA work. It may have escaped your notice that Dublin to London has no specific PP checks and that ROI has the power grant leave to enter to the UK. Non of the others have that power-certainly not Brussels. GFA does not preclude the operation of something they accepted. Travellers requiring a visa still require a UK one.
So how about you address goods and services rather than people .....

I've been saying this for a long while. Funny how all of a sudden I'm making sense rather than being a traitorous remainer. It's almost as if the information campaign is working on the target audience.
I never had you down as a traitor.

I had you down as somebody with an over inflated opinion of yourself, very much like our resident holocaust denier and remain cheerleader @Higgs_bosun

I've never claimed to have not read them. You broken brained imbecile.

I post links from the DM because it is easy to do. And legal unlike the times etc.

I rarely post links to the Express. But then, you so f*cking clueless you don't know what year it is let alone what I post.

As for all this 'we are leaving them' drivel. Yes, we are. It is still pretty important that both sides work to make the split work. Just like a divorce. As I've said before, the EU is playing the scorned wife, listening to her harridan cronies (seen it all before, 'go on take him to the cleaners, call CSA', CSA then promptly lower the payments being made :) )

That is all.
Beg to differ, the simplest search proves otherwise.
1529354720847.png

1529354839369.png

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/brexit-negotiations.265051/page-248#post-8144500

I distinctly remember you telling me you disn't read the mail as well, which is why I rip into you about it. Burt can't be arsed looking for it.

Largely down to May who's run away from problems and squandered time. So causing the government to fall would pretty well guarantee a hard Brexit as a GE would eat up any remaining time to finish negotiating a deal.

Wordsmith
Pish. largely down to Johnson, Fox and Gove. I will remind you of this "forever" regardless of your running away from people posting reality tactics.

Many I feel took the decision based on what they felt. That of course didn't stop the remainers being name callers against those who voted leave.

That said, the arguments for staying in just don't stack up. For the very thing you say above. Nobody knows the consequences of leaving, but similarly no-one knows the consequences for staying. It's just assumed that staying will be good... and easier.
Pish. Pure unadulterated not accepting the consequences of your vote pish. We were top of G7 growth, we are now bottom. We know the probability of what caused that.

Indeed. The principle of continental politics is still the Issue, how to affect it is ours,. There is no easy solution but pretending they can be managed by the EU is an illusion. The EU is usually the alter ego of the dominant power. DeGaulle looms large.

Running away would not be my preferred option. In the olden days we had a preference of getting stuck in.

As I've said before, the antics of the remain side, be it Gina Miller, the House of Lords or Tory rebels like Ken Clarke, have made in increasingly likely that we'll do a hard Brexit. May runs away from problems and putting more in her way has made it even less likely that she'll conclude the negotiations successfully.

Proposing staying in the EU would be electoral suicide for the Tories. A majority of those that voted opted for leave. Ignoring the result of the referendum would result in the Tories being reduced to 50 - 100 seats in the next GE - together with a Corbyn government. So that's not an option the Tories will take.

And Article 50 is absolutely clear. If, by March of next year, no agreement has been concluded with the EU, we leave without an agreement and fall back on WTO rules. That is EU law - and Westminster law is subordinate to EU law, so there's nothing Westminster can do to change that date.

Wordsmith
Grow up FFS, Miller, HoL and others will not deliver a hard brexit. Fox, Johnson and Davis will.

Grow up FFS, Miller, HoL and others will not deliver a hard brexit. Fox, Johnson and Davis will.

To be honest I'm not sure Fox, Johnson and Davis are capable of delivering a hard Brexit. I'm not yet convinced they even want to.

I have a three other suspects on ignore but they're not up to his standard. For example, if we take a Baglock as a unit of stupidity, @Graculus only comes in about 50 micro-Baglock's. (Mainly because I don't think anyone else can get up to a full Baglock of stupidity).

Wordsmith :smile:
Sure Champ. A reminder
mangler.jpg

On integrity, you're getting around 9 @Flight's for running away Jessiedom. If you had any balls, coughed up to reading those you claimed to have put on ignore and generally manned the feck up I'd be happy to rip your bollocks posts to pieces with facts.

That's Why I'm on ignore though isn't it, you huge verbose Jessie?

Running away would not be my preferred option. In the olden days we had a preference of getting stuck in.
Too late, we in effect capitulated on that basis in 1972. The only way you win by remaining is by dictat, Logic would imply that vested interest would pour scorn on in internal reform. However the issues in Germany and Italy are going to the route of the problem. Now it's just a matter of if the EU can hang together long enough to do a trade deal. Come on you're military, how do you defeat a fait accompli?

Too late, we in effect capitulated on that basis in 1972. The only way you win by remaining is by dictat, Logic would imply that vested interest would pour scorn on in internal reform. However the issues in Germany and Italy are going to the route of the problem. Now it's just a matter of if the EU can hang together long enough to do a trade deal. Come on you're military, how do you defeat a fait accompli?

I've yet to see a fait accompli.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 252
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464