Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I've never claimed to have not read them. You broken brained imbecile.

I post links from the DM because it is easy to do. And legal unlike the times etc.

I rarely post links to the Express. But then, you so f*cking clueless you don't know what year it is let alone what I post.

As for all this 'we are leaving them' drivel. Yes, we are. It is still pretty important that both sides work to make the split work. Just like a divorce. As I've said before, the EU is playing the scorned wife, listening to her harridan cronies (seen it all before, 'go on take him to the cleaners, call CSA', CSA then promptly lower the payments being made :) )

That is all.
Talking out of your hoop.

The situation has been done to death in aviation thread, yet as can be said for the entire brexit plethora of issues, you choose to bury your head in the sand and act like the victim.

Have you been divorced I take it?

As I've said before, the antics of the remain side, be it Gina Miller, the House of Lords or Tory rebels like Ken Clarke, have made in increasingly likely that we'll do a hard Brexit. May runs away from problems and putting more in her way has made it even less likely that she'll conclude the negotiations successfully.

Proposing staying in the EU would be electoral suicide for the Tories. A majority of those that voted opted for leave. Ignoring the result of the referendum would result in the Tories being reduced to 50 - 100 seats in the next GE - together with a Corbyn government. So that's not an option the Tories will take.

And Article 50 is absolutely clear. If, by March of next year, no agreement has been concluded with the EU, we leave without an agreement and fall back on WTO rules. That is EU law - and Westminster law is subordinate to EU law, so there's nothing Westminster can do to change that date.

Wordsmith
Remain were completely convinced of their rights. That they were right and that THEY had a right to stay in the EU.

They could have possibly sorted out a better solution but instead went full on toddler mode.

To back this up, take a browse back through the early Brexit threads and have a look at the number of "it's easy", "just take over existing EU law" type posts from quite sensible posters. I don't know if you ever wrote anything like that yourself @Wordsmith - I doubt it actually, but plenty did.
There was time to do a lot of that had the process have been pursued energetically from the start. We need to prepare systematically for a hard Brexit from the off. That would have allowed us to cater for the worst case and simultaneously put pressure on the EU for a negotiated settlement.

The biggest mistake the Tories have made in the last 40 - 50 years was putting a notorious ditherer in as PM. Previous time has been wasted, the Tory party is at war within itself because May cannot provide strong leadership and it looks like the time window to negotiate an agreement is closing fast.

The only think that can now save the Tory party from itself (and by extension the country from major problems) is by binning May within weeks and putting someone in charge who will confront problems.

It's not as it this problem has come out of the blue - I've been flagging it for months. The Tory party is now a a crucial moment in its history. Fail to act and they will be consigned to electoral irrelevance for a generation.

Wordsmith

To back this up, take a browse back through the early Brexit threads and have a look at the number of "it's easy", "just take over existing EU law" type posts from quite sensible posters. I don't know if you ever wrote anything like that yourself @Wordsmith - I doubt it actually, but plenty did.
It was going to be a walk in the park. Since people knew exactly what they were voting for they knew it was Jurrasic Park.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
There was time to do a lot of that had the process have been pursued energetically from the start. We need to prepare systematically for a hard Brexit from the off. That would have allowed us to cater for the worst case and simultaneously put pressure on the EU for a negotiated settlement.

The biggest mistake the Tories have made in the last 40 - 50 years was putting a notorious ditherer in as PM. Previous time has been wasted, the Tory party is at war within itself because May cannot provide strong leadership and it looks like the time window to negotiate an agreement is closing fast.

The only think that can now save the Tory party from itself (and by extension the country from major problems) is by binning May within weeks and putting someone in charge who will confront problems.

It's not as it this problem has come out of the blue - I've been flagging it for months. The Tory party is now a a crucial moment in its history. Fail to act and they will be consigned to electoral irrelevance for a generation.

Wordsmith

The biggest mistake the Tories made was allowing the eurosceptics first houseroom, then presence followed by a foothold.
Europe has been its Achilles heel, it’s the inbuilt opposition it’s never been able to shake. Even Maggie couldn’t shake it, Major detested it and it grew under Cameron having been encouraged by that IDS fellow.

They don’t want strong leadership all they want is May to lead into the Brexit wasteland and take the blame for it.

Should the terminally stupid occur after next March you can be sure not only will May do the can carrying for it, but the body of Cameron will be exhumed for an added kicking as everyone runs for cover.

This is a truly wild assertion. Nobody took an informed decision. Nobody knew the consequences. How much of your time discussing the pros and cons on the doorstep did you spend speaking about solutions to the Irish border issue? Or the need to remain in some European agencies, or whether anyone was talking about leaving the single market, or whether two years was realistic, or the complexity of international trade treaties, or whether a narrow majority would be sufficient to carry such a monumental change through? I had all sorts of concerns, but nothing on the scale of what has come to pass.

That such a massive choice was forced on us with so little credible information was a truly epic failure of democracy and we are paying the price in full. I have always had faith that our democracy is stable and generally steers in the right direction - the decision to decided membership of the EU by a short notice referendum completely destroyed that. Leave or remain our naivety was stunning.
The choice wasn’t forced on us. Blair and Brown promised a referendum on the issue nearly twenty years ago but failed to deliver one. Cameron promised one but dragged his heals. Milliband lost a GE because he failed to promise one resulting in Cameron having to deliver what he’s promised on.

With the complete lack of planning by Cameron for the eventuality of referendum result he didn’t expect, we’re now stuck in a position where by the political elite are going full retard with bad news story’s in order to delay or stop the inevitable.

If you’re so bothered, get yourself over to Eastern Europe and start telling them that leaving the Soviet Union shouldn’t have happened because it would be too much change.

Just think, had Blair offered up his promised referendum when he first said we’d be fifteen odd years down the line. Instead, these throbbers failed to deliver on their original promise.

I voted leave, not because I’m racist, xenophobic or fell for a message on the side of a bus.

I voted leave to get out of the EU.

Last edited:
I've never claimed to have not read them. You broken brained imbecile.

I post links from the DM because it is easy to do. And legal unlike the times etc.

I rarely post links to the Express. But then, you so f*cking clueless you don't know what year it is let alone what I post.

As for all this 'we are leaving them' drivel. Yes, we are. It is still pretty important that both sides work to make the split work. Just like a divorce. As I've said before, the EU is playing the scorned wife, listening to her harridan cronies (seen it all before, 'go on take him to the cleaners, call CSA', CSA then promptly lower the payments being made :) )

That is all.
So are we taking back control or lying back begging nanny to change our nappy for us? I get confused when I read stuff like this is all.

If the UK leaves EASA it's because the UK has chosen to. If we leave EASA without replacing it with a domestic equivalent it's because we have chosen to. The effects that then follow are utterly predictable and caused by our actions. The Mail also gloss over the fact that every other regulatory agency on the planet will stop accepting licences currently backed by EASA and issued via the CAA as well - because that's how aviation regulation works.

Christ on a bike man, can't you wrap your brain around the fact that leaving the EU actually means leaving the EU? Are you really that thick you can't see that this problem is caused by leaving EU agencies without replacing them with UK equivalents? That is totally, utterly, 100% the fault of the UK government who have undertaken this course of action.

skid, you still don't get it. It's cumulatively a problem for us for my lifetime. Where does Briain fit? To what extent has any country given up it's rights to a centralised Government that can do what it says it can. The answer is nowhere. Nothing has been harmonised apart from how much tax can be avoided. There no centralised health, police, border control, education system let alone agricultural policy and that 30 years after we signed up to the concept at Maastricht. Now we've got a problem with the Dutch with regard to CFP. sirRichard Dyson last night was saying no farmers can operate WITHOUT subsidies because of the level playing field. This re In forces my view together with more subsidies for retail businesses in terms of rate relief, that we've forgotten how business works. It's easier to depend on the tax payer.

Wordsmith

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail?

And given the lack of time before we leave, the only alternative to a very harmful cliff edge for your clear eyed problem solver is Brexit in name only. It's almost as if the fix is going in and the useful idiots are parroting the talking points being fed to them to help them rationalise not getting what they were promised.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 253
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464