Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I assume you can't read...
for the third time the choice, as we the UK has decided to leave the EU, is:
1 accept the deal
2 HARD BREXIT (with no deal)

There is no other choice. We are leaving 29th March 2019 and that is it.

What other option were you hoping for? The People have decided we are leaving and we are leaving.
Either for the best deal HMG can get or hard brexit wth no deal.

I will be voting for a hard Brexit as the UK holds al the cards.
Did you fall on your head?
This hard Brexit that’ll be so good for you?
Think about your servants, tenured staff and workers.
(And what cards do we hold)

If the EU was not the protectionist cabal that it pretends not to be, we would have absolutely no problem whatsoever co-operating with them or anybody else.
See the orange chimp across the water for protectionism, see China. Have you fallen for the free trading buccaneering UK tosh?

Modify it so we remain subject to the ECJ through membership of EASA, EMA, Euratom, aligned with EU Regulatory Standards on trade, possibly services, NI remains subject to the rules of the Internal Market and Customs Union, continued participation in pan EU Defence through CDSP, the desire to remain aligned with the EEAS, Foreign Affairs Council, equivalent outcomes on Agrifood and Fisheries, continued adherence to the EU GDPR by full alignment of our regulations to EU law and everything else - just without a voice in the EU on these matters?

Or are you on about another version of totally meaningless? ^^
We won’t be sending has been politicians to Brussels.

That in itself is enough to get politicians to start slowly changing the way they operate.

Norway, once it rejected EU membership has seen a sea change in public opinion to being against the EU and very few of its politicians will come out as actively being pro EU.

The EU project has been going on for a long time. It’ll take a long time for many people to realise that they’ve been influenced over time.

My journey started in the mid 90s when I received a detention for my schools competition for a new mural for the schools language department that was promoting EU. Membership. They didn’t like my swastika surrounded by 12 stars.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
See the orange chimp across the water for protectionism, see China. Have you fallen for the free trading buccaneering UK tosh?
That’s the China where the Poundworld man got his stock?
Once the pound collapsed so did profit margins then profits, leading to high product cost inflation.
Followed by......

We won’t be sending has been politicians to Brussels.

That in itself is enough to get politicians to start slowly changing the way they operate.
Well yes, we will. This is just one of HMGs proposals for one area.

A4766A68-7A12-450E-9CA0-8AD4BF5AA369.jpeg

It is incredibly naive to think we won’t engage with the EU. As associate members, we simply won’t have the voting rights to veto or decide the outcome.

I assume you can't read...
for the third time the choice, as we the UK has decided to leave the EU, is:
1 accept the deal
2 HARD BREXIT (with no deal)

There is no other choice. We are leaving 29th March 2019 and that is it.

What other option were you hoping for? The People have decided we are leaving and we are leaving.
Either for the best deal HMG can get or hard brexit wth no deal.

I will be voting for a hard Brexit as the UK holds al the cards.
Exactly what purpose will the referendum serve?

Particularly given most people lack sufficient understanding of the proposed deal (which has yet to be agreed) to make an informed choice on what the best alternative is.

I would also point out that May's fuster-cluck of a General Election was a de-facto referendum on Brexit. If people were really concerned about Brexit, they could have voted May out and put Corbyn in.

Wordsmith

Well yes, we will. This is just one of HMGs proposals for one area.

View attachment 338221

It is incredibly naive to think we won’t engage with the EU. As associate members, we simply won’t have the voting rights to veto or decide the outcome.
There’s very little veto rights and due to the unbalanced nature of the EU, Malta has as much say in issues as we do.

Particularly given most people lack sufficient understanding of the proposed deal (which has yet to be agreed) to make an informed choice on what the best alternative is.

I would also point out that May's fuster-cluck of a General Election was a de-facto referendum on Brexit. If people were really concerned about Brexit, they could have voted May out and put Corbyn in.

Wordsmith
Corbyn didn’t campaign on brexit in the GE. The SNP and Lib Dem’s did. The snp and Lib Dem’s didn’t do too well in the last GE.

Cameron's declarations as PM being compared to the chopsing off by Farage, who isn't even an elected MP?
After 7 fecking attempts or similar....

Wordsmith
Oh non mate. They want a referendum with half a dozen choices to weaken the result. I can guarantee it wouldn't be a yes/no.
It's time these politicians started fearing the electorate, not riding roughshod over it.

Corbyn didn’t campaign on brexit in the GE. The SNP and Lib Dem’s did. The snp and Lib Dem’s didn’t do too well in the last GE.
Indeed, Labour lied like a cheap NAAFI watch in an attempt to draw voters to believe that they supported Brexit. Mind you, so did half the tories.

Do you have an opinion of your own on anything. Or, paid for every link, you distribute about the net?
That is most definitely my opinion, can you see anyone running it up the pole, anywhere?

You're an experiment aren't you, did your creator neglect the coherent reasoning bit?

The 'Norway' option has just been rejected by parliament. So irrelevant.

Wordsmith
The Norway Option has always been rejected, most explicitly by TM.

What is proposed is discrete Associate Membership to individual EU Agencies and Institutions rather than en masse Association through the EEA/EFTA.

It makes it much easier to get past the headbangers that way.

That’s the China where the Poundworld man got his stock?
Once the pound collapsed so did profit margins then profits, leading to high product cost inflation.
Followed by......
Chinese labour wages have been going up for some time resulting in a lot of reshoring. I notice that you’ve convienanlty forgotten about that as it.

Yes, the £ has been overvalued for quite some time and is now at a level where it should be allowing for an increase in U.K. manufacturing and Tourism to name but a few.

You may want to speak to the owners of Poundland, because they don’t seem to be having the same problem as poundworld.

My journey started in the mid 90s when I received a detention for my schools competition for a new mural for the schools language department that was promoting EU. Membership. They didn’t like my swastika surrounded by 12 stars.
I've always suspected your issues were rooted in childhood

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470