Brexit Phase Two - Trade

isn't your 'evidence' just selected facts ?
@Graculus’ normal evidence now seems to be somebody else’s tweet with his own comment about although nobody has ever heard of the person we should believe grac when he says they really know what they’re talking about.

Who would want the job.

The chalice isn't just poisoned, it's got booby traps, gypsy/voodoo curses and is more radioactive than Nagasaki circa 1945
I wonder what would happen if she just said "Fcuk this for a game of soldiers, I don't get paid enough to deal with this sh!t!" and resigned?

D

Deleted 154930

@Graculus’ normal evidence now seems to be somebody else’s tweet with his own comment about although nobody has ever heard of the person we should believe grac when he says they really know what they’re talking about.
I rarely, actually, hear HIS opinion on anything. He gives a lot of other peoples opinions, masquerading as fact, to prove he is righteous, in a world of chaos. And, sometimes, he adopts a sarcastic condescending tone.

If I wanted to debate with an Alexa remain bot, he does a good impression.

D

Deleted 154930

Erm, isn't that pretty much the definition of evidence?
In plain language, imagine a checkpoint incident going wrong. There are two separate camera angles. In a tribunal, only one of the camera angles is presented and your off to prison, the other proves you were innocent. Both are facts.

Translate that to brexit. Both sides, have a lot of opinion and selective evidence/facts. But, none of it is entirely fact, because nobody knows for certain, what will happen in the future. So, its a judgement call. But, don't be fooled, either side are entirely right.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder what would happen if she just said "Fcuk this for a game of soldiers, I don't get paid enough to deal with this sh!t!" and resigned?
You have to be intensely ambitious to get to the top. And cognitive dissonance will prevent May from recognising all her failings. She'll hang on until the chairman of the 1922 Committee arrive to tell her that he has the votes to initiate a leadership contest, he's been authorised to tell her so and hands her a glass of whisky and the mess Webley.

It won't be the remain side that trigger it - May is a weak remainer. It'll be the Brexit wing fed up with May rolling over and playing dead every time the EU says 'boo'. Hammond will be dispatched to the outer darkness by the new leader, clearing the decks for more vigorous preparations for a hard Brexit - which in turn will hopefully motivate the EU to offer a better deal to avoid that hard Brexit.

Wordsmith

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You have to be intensely ambitious to get to the top. And cognitive dissonance will prevent May from recognising all her failings. She'll hang on until the chairman of the 1922 Committee arrive to tell her that he has the votes to initiate a leadership contest, he's been authorised to tell her so and hands her a glass of whisky and the mess Webley.

It won't be the remain side that trigger it - May is a weak remainer. It'll be the Brexit wing fed up with May rolling over and playing dead every time the EU says 'boo'. Hammond will be dispatched to the outer darkness by the new leader, clearing the decks for more vigorous preparations for a hard Brexit - which in turn will hopefully motivate the EU to offer a better deal to avoid that hard Brexit.

Wordsmith
Cognitive dissonance has nothing to do with not recognising your own failings .
Cognitive dissonance was a pop psych thing. Used (in my day) to explain the inherent difficulties in being vehemently against desegregated schooling and liking the new coloured school friend. Without your head exploding.

That’s as simple as I can put it, if you’re going to find some sort of dodgy psych term to explain someone’s behaviour. (Someone, you know little about, have never studied and have never met) at least try and find the right one.
It’s probably best described as stuff I made up.

Edit. To save you some google time. Have a google at ‘dunning kruger’.

Last edited:
Cognitive dissonance has nothing to do with not recognising your own failings .
Cognitive dissonance was a pop psych thing. Used (in my day) to explain the inherent difficulties in being vehemently against desegregated schooling and liking the new coloured school friend. Without your head exploding.

That’s as simple as I can put it, if you’re going to find some sort of dodgy psych term to explain someone’s behaviour. (Someone, you know little about, have never studied and have never met) at least try and find the right one.
It’s probably best described as stuff I made up.
And used on this thread ad infinitum . . . and incorrectly . . . along with such other phrases as 'stream of consciousness' and 'English exceptionalism'.