Brexit Phase Two - Trade

It’s about time. Having typed this during a horrified conversation with the dame. The above procedure was/is in no way widely known or available. But a considerate doctor was a great help.

I expect a bit of noise. You’ll know they’re in trouble when they roll out one Sammy Wilson, he’s the DUPs version of Danny Morrison.

Could you enlighten me on the good dame's opinion?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Could you enlighten me on the good dame's opinion?
Somewhat horrified. Not on the repeal of the statute, the irish (roi) people on here will know why it was brought in. I was in the south during the amendment vote 83 (ish) and that was really nasty, a bit like the church bailing in on the side of brexit.

A quick straw poll and so far all the women ive been talking to in the last day or so, very happy about the result and the scale of it.
For much more reasons than the obvious one. Treatment of cancer discontinued because of pregnancy . Fatal fetal abnormality. The whole journey and trauma of it. Nobody choosing an abortion and its a last resort, but travelling under a veil of secrecy and lies and all that involves.

Last edited:
Somewhat horrified. Not on the repeal of the eigth, for much more reasons than the one. Treatment of cancer discontinued because of pregnancy . Fatal fetal abnormality. The whole journey and trauma of it. Nobody choosing an abortion and its a last resort, but travelling under a veil of secrecy and lies cant be a good thing.

I agree. And I'm sorry to hear the story.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I agree. And I'm sorry to hear the story.
Shes lucky untouched by all this. But she has a massive bunch of family, of female friends, all surprisingly decent and supportive to one another.
Most of them put up with me, but, jesus, the stories on this have been harrowing.
To quote an old compadre ‘Jesus Skid, we imported our stuff from John Lewis and exported our pregnant kids out’

Nothing to do with Brexit (as most things on here aren't) but the abortion laws when introduced in the UK had the same high ideals. No abortion on demand, two doctors to say it was medically/psychologically necessary and all the other guff
It's now turned into another form of morning after contraception but up to 20 weeks after.
As in "Oh, F**K, I'm preggers. See a doctor and tell him it will affect my state of mind and they'll get rid of it", instead of "Oh, F**K, I'm preggers, See a doctor and tell him it'll spoil my week in Magaluf".
The two doctors turned into a farce. One doctor would sign for a reason and another would simply countersign without even seeing the slapper poor girl. (That;s unfair cos the bloke was the same but without the consequences)
Plenty of examples where it could interfere with their jobs rather than their medical well being.

Shes lucky untouched by all this. But she has a massive bunch of family, of female friends, all surprisingly decent and supportive to one another.
Most of them put up with me, but, jesus, the stories on this have been harrowing.
To quote an old compadre ‘Jesus Skid, we imported our stuff from John Lewis and exported our pregnant kids out’

Glad to hear of the support. Do you think it's a transformative political decision in NI?

I've not been there for a while, well, 1987, when I was briefly grandly titled as OC Newry.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Glad to hear of the support. Do you think it's a transformative political decision in NI?

I've not been there for a while, well, 1987, when I was briefly grandly titled as OC Newry.
I’m trying to remember the name of the unapproved road out of newry, which was probably better watched than the main route.

But yes, its a good thing, its long overdue. The political push from the UK and the RoI is going to be interesting.

Oh, goody. Only my second SABC from Baggy. I feel as if I've arrived.
Oh, and FYI baggy, as I worked in an inner city NHS practice for 14 years I may have a rather better idea than you as to how the system is actually played.

not necessarily god fearing. Some just find it repulsive to end a life just because you can't keep your legs shut or your d*ck to yourself.
Pish. Those who oppose abortion are on the whole religious. There are plenty of good reasons for abortion. I've always though that women are in the best position to argue the rights and wrongs of this and I'd be very reluctant to get on on any moral high horse as a male.

Any fat ladies singing yet. I fear not. It’s a bit premature, we lost an engagement.
I'm not fighting any war, just pointing out that the horn of the Unicorn is a broken ice cream cone.

the more modern attitudes of the younger generations
regardless of the hip, new ideas the kidz possess. It doesn't follow that they should be blithely followed. There's a cost to terminating a pregnancy. The cost isn't measured in money. Which is why the youf of today don't understand the resistance to such practices. The cost is there in the mental state of the individual and of the society that allows a life to become akin to a expended coffee cup. I suppose you'll be as down with the kidz when abortion of geriatrics becomes a thing? Over 70s cost too much? It's the kindest thing.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with Brexit
It may not but it's a useful tool.
AIR the Stormont assembly was brought down by the "EU sustainable fuel policy." It can't reconvene because SF can't get a bill about the Irish Language. Apart from the issue of hot air, a very sustainable policy I can't think of a connection. Now the South want to drive through a common abortion policy in the North, to make it EU sustainable and now of course they don't have to come to England with their sordid issues. This holds May in a dilemma because NI is currently ruled from WM . The Vicar of Bray comes to mind on this one. So bit by bit they have a common policy split by a border of Irish making. The EU have a Gallic shrug and appear to have nothing to do with separating NI from the UK. All very convenient. Perhaps ,on that basis ,Germany get East Prussia back.
Yup great would be the celebrations if Ireland could be separate and Free from WM's yoke only find they are controlled by a bunch of Frogs-shome independence. Some Yoke that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 253
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464