Brexit Phase Two - Trade

That one was ( I’m happy to say, way outside my purview, in those days) but, no. By that stage in the game there was something happening. It neccesitsted a private hospital.

Are you saying that abortion is already available in NI if you have the right connections, but not available to most others?

I think that this question would be a fascinating thread all of its own

The referendum vote, close though it was, has opened an amazing variety of possible future courses.

Most of which those who still assert that they 'knew what they voted for' have yet to comprehend.

One word. Guess?
( it’s not called that, that’s illegal)

Thanks.

Now it's a rather obvious and embarrassing truth, how do you think things will pan out in NI? What with the very obvious dichotomy with the Republic to your south. Are NI women going to go to clinics in Dundalk or Dublin instead of those in London or Liverpool?

I would imagine the Irish medical service will be glad of the extra funding it will receive while the NHS will see a significant drop in fees and suchlike. :cool:
I may be wrong , ( I often am ) but aren't Irish people who come to UK given all the same rights and benefits of uk people... if so why would NHS fees drop

I may be wrong , ( I often am ) but aren't Irish people who come to UK given all the same rights and benefits of uk people... if so why would NHS fees drop

I believe you are correct that it works on a 'band of brothers' approach. I'm also happy to be proved wrong.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks.

Now it's a rather obvious and embarrassing truth, how do you think things will pan out in NI? What with the very obvious dichotomy with the Republic to your south. Are NI women going to go to clinics in Dundalk or Dublin instead of those in London or Liverpool?
I hope so. It’s a horrible decision and not one I’d wish to stick my size nines in. But yes, over the border makes perfect sense. I’m sure they’ll be appropriately (and quietly welcomed and cared for)
You could have it done in Belfast with the right timing and contacts.
(The source is solid, although I can’t recall the exact term and I’m going back 30 odd years)

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s not a problem. I never set foot, or needed it while across the water. I kept my own doc in Belfast. But I had full use of whatever I needed in the John Radcliffe.

I hope so. It’s a horrible decision and not one I’d wish to stick my size nines in. But yes, over the border makes perfect sense. I’m sure they’ll be appropriately (and quietly welcomed and cared for)
You could have it done in Belfast with the right timing and contacts.
(The source is solid, although I can’t recall the exact term and I’m going back 30 odd years)
It's an interesting insight and thank you.

Could I ask you for your opinions on what this might mean for NI politics, since it is such a monumental change in the Republic?

I believe they might be but as in the case of my sister in law, went back to the old sod and has to pay for treatment in Ireland. Possibly EU rules say visitors from EU should be given same levels of treatment as natives. :cool:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It's an interesting insight and thank you.

Could I ask you for your opinions on what this might mean for NI politics, since it is such a monumental change in the Republic?
I stuck it up somewhere else. The young guns in the sdlp offered up a free vote as did the OUP. The shinners threw the alter biters under the bus to engage the disenfranchised vote ( great move)

I think, unless they’re suicidal the DUP will make a bit of noise, disappear and let the Free Presbyterians take the weight. Not alienating the females and families nor wiping out the religious heads.

Expect a lot more of the Rev David Mcillveen and Sammy Wilson. Rolled out in times of trauma.

I stuck it up somewhere else. The young guns in the sdlp offered up a free vote as did the OUP. The shinners threw the alter biters under the bus to engage the disenfranchised vote ( great move)

I think, unless they’re suicidal the DUP will make a bit of noise, disappear and let the Free Presbyterians take the weight. Not alienating the females and families nor wiping out the religious heads.

Expect a lot more of the Rev David Mcillveen and Sammy Wilson. Rolled out in times of trauma.

I like to think I'm something of a cunning linguist, so I read that as as a gentle segue into a different and more liberal world for you following the expected palpitations from the expected parties.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I believe they might be but as in the case of my sister in law, went back to the old sod and has to pay for treatment in Ireland. Possibly EU rules say visitors from EU should be given same levels of treatment as natives. :cool:
The natives pay, life stinks.€30 and €65 depending on where it is.

Thanks.

does it have any actual bearing on brexit? Or is it another smoke screen from the remain side. Trying to make a simple thing seem much more complex than it ever could be if it were narrated in Swahili translated from Swedish.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I like to think I'm something of a cunning linguist, so I read that as as a gentle segue into a different and more liberal world for you following the expected palpitations from the expected parties.
It’s about time. Having typed this during a horrified conversation with the dame. The above procedure was/is in no way widely known or available. But a considerate doctor was a great help.

I expect a bit of noise. You’ll know they’re in trouble when they roll out one Sammy Wilson, he’s the DUPs version of Danny Morrison.

does it have any actual bearing on brexit? Or is it another smoke screen from the remain side. Trying to make a simple thing seem much more complex than it ever could be if it were narrated in Swahili translated from Swedish.
Yes, it does, given that it's screamingly obvious that NI is the focus of the drama. Who would have thunk that in June 2016?

Latest Threads