Brexit Phase Two - Trade

at least you didn't use the mark of the bellthronk 'sky pixie' or similar. At what point does the collection of cells become a child?

It rather depends on the law of the land.

Isn't it fascinating how a thread on Brexit trade negotiations can spiral into abortion law and wider identity politics.

could that be because we get a lot of our morality from such backgrounds? Google pro-life atheists to expand your knowledge. Through the years it has divided people of many religions or without. Right back roman, Greek and before. But obviously you're more enlightened because you don't believe in religion. Obvs.
So a woman should have the state intervene in what she wants to do with a few non conscious cells because it affects the sensibilities of the religious such as yourself?

Yes I understood that But that situation exists today pre Brexit without being a problem for anyone.

It would appear if you take a situation that's existed for 30 odd years then add the words DUP and Brexit - you can claim something otherwise acceptable is now hypocritical.

As I said fatuous attempt to shit stir and get the usual suspects frothing - but doesn't really contribute anything to the matters at hand. More so if you consider its a view shared by all the parties.

Im of the opinion Post Brexit that the NI border should be the Scottish Coast Line and that socially backwards hole of an Island can be united
begone with your facts. You'll make @Baglock cry again.

at least you didn't use the mark of the bellthronk 'sky pixie' or similar. At what point does the collection of cells become a child?
When it becomes a baby that can survive outside the womb. The current UK law is 24 weeks unless there's medical need to do it (when the mother's life is at risk, for example). Even at 23 weeks the chance of survival are very low.

I forgot to ask, you don't seriously think women use abortion as contraception ("because they can't keep their legs closed") do you?

When it becomes a baby that can survive outside the womb. The current UK law is 24 weeks unless there's medical need to do it (when the mother's life is at risk, for example). Even at 23 weeks the chance of survival are very low.

I forgot to ask, you don't seriously think women use abortion as contraception ("because they can't keep their legs closed") do you?
that is a legal and medical definition. I don't think women use abortion purely as a form of contraception.

Given the fact that this place is stuffed full of ‘done more to protect our country than you did’ chaps from the customs. (Having found out what useless tossers the BA are, they don’t count)

Anyone wish to explain the term ‘slaughtered’ and how Brexit is going to change that.
I think TBF BA were never meant to be effective. Customs never had an easy job unlike the forces, who do what they are expected to do. We can all pay lip service to protecting the borders, the reality is there are people, companies organisations who never liked our intrusiveness. In relative terms we have already been slaughtered by being in the EU. The amount of revenue avoided can't be calculated and to some extent that could be said to be fraud. I see Brown has been spouting about a second referendum. But I can't help wondering what he got out of Lisbon.

and now that we've exhausted your experience and knowledge of sex... Have you ever actually kissed a girl?
Says the lothario who thinks that characterises women who have abortions as being unable to keep their legs closed.

I've never been single for long mate

Says the lothario who thinks that characterises women who have abortions as being unable to keep their legs closed.

I've never been single for long mate

It's always the woman's fault, doncha know?

What's most interesting (in a panto or Greek tragedy sort of way) is that the entire business of Brexit is being focussed into the Irish cauldron.

Shakespeare, Swift and Joyce would love this nonsense.

Meanwhile, preparation for no deal has largely grounded to a halt.

Subscribe to read

Subscribe to read

The UK government’s preparations for a “no deal” Brexit in March 2019 have largely ground to a halt, making it almost impossible for Theresa May to walk out of negotiations with the EU in the next 10 months, according to people with close knowledge of the situation. As the prime minister prepares for what is arguably the trickiest phase of the Brexit talks, the government’s official position is that it is confident it can reach an accord with the EU — but that it is also preparing contingencies for “no deal” if Brussels tries to strike too hard a bargain. However, Whitehall officials are privately conceding that preparations for a “cliff edge” Brexit next March are nowhere near the level they need to be if a threat by Mrs May to walk away from the talks were to be credible. “Our preparedness for no deal is virtually non-existent,” said one senior British official working on Brexit. “Our ability to deliver a ‘no deal’ outcome recedes with every week that passes.” Other officials preparing for the possibility of Britain leaving the EU without a deal say they are being discouraged from taking on projects that might only be needed should there be no agreement on customs and regulatory co-operation by next March

Last edited:
It's always the woman's fault, doncha know?

What's most interesting (in a panto or Greek tragedy sort of way) is that the entire business of Brexit is being focussed into the Irish cauldron.

Shakespeare, Swift and Joyce would love this nonsense.
What with support for the EU surging in NI since the referendum, according to some polls, might we see moves for democratic reunification?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads