Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m beginning to think this is all a clever ploy.

Our Brexit negotiators are being deliberately obtuse on the border, right up until the deadline. Then at the last minute they produce a solution so devilishly simple and workable. The Eu mass of negotiators step back and look at our people and their entirely reasonable (British) requests with a newfound respect and grant our demands .

The rest of the world having seen how artfully we have played Johnny Foreigner will immediately want to come aboard and sign up to our regulatory alignment programme. (Which was ours all along. The DUP get told to shut up and trouser another billion)
We'll red line it until the last minute before giving in and calling it somethings else.

It's interesting to use the term 'trading partner' when the relationship is more customer - vendor.

The same definition makes Tesco and me 'trading partners'.

It's interesting to use the term 'trading partner' when the relationship is more customer - vendor.

The same definition makes Tesco and me 'trading partners'.
But they'll bend over backwards to do a special and bespoke deal with you because you buy more of their product than they do of yours...
Quite, show it to the Taoiseach and explain that Ireland would be much better off in a bespoke customs union with the UK rather than the EU.
That's down to the people of Ireland but the logic's bollixed.

But they'll bend over backwards to do a special and bespoke deal with you because you buy more of their product than they do of yours...

Not an unreasonable proposal if my custom was the lions share of their sales.

Tesco would need my custom more than I need Tesco, when I can shop elsewhere.

It still isn't a 'trading partnership', but a customer - vendor relationship.

Not an unreasonable proposal if my custom was the lions share of their sales.

Tesco would need my custom more than I need Tesco, when I can shop elsewhere.

It still isn't a 'trading partnership', but a customer - vendor relationship.
We're not the be all and end all for them.

Shit loads of our stuff goes there, as well as services. The point is, that's where most of our trade is.

and the responsibility for lies with...........? Sommink to do with no prosecution letters and the bastardisation [loosely]of a country doing everything it could legitimately in it's own defence.
Issued by both labour and conservative governments. So there must have been something in it. That handover conversation must have been interesting. ‘Now we have this deal with republican suspects. There are 187 of them, who have something known as comfort letters’

Issued by both labour and conservative governments. So there must have been something in it. That handover conversation must have been interesting. ‘Now we have this deal with republican suspects. There are 187 of them, who have something known as comfort letters’
Of course there's an advantage to GOOJF cards. Perhaps we would could issue them to everyone and then no justice system would be necessary and I could of nick something off thieving Bankers. :-D

We're not the be all and end all for them.

Shit loads of our stuff goes there, as well as services. The point is, that's where most of our trade is.

(The Irish Times Newspaper)
The Irish equivalent of the NHS has agreed to terms to have 70,000 patients awaiting operations in the South to have the treatment under the UK NHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.