Brexit Phase Two - Trade

We need to start somewhere on the new controls and next week is as good as any. But it is nice to know that you have got our collective backs as our virtual Project Manager. :thumright:
You might have told him to keep schtum...

How does the EU 'import' to us; surely they 'export' to us?

How do you expect to persuade anybody to a point of view if you cannot get the simplest terminology correct?

I'm using your post as an example but my point is relevant to many posters here. FFS people, proof read your posts before clicking the 'Post Reply' button.
EU goods are imported into the UK at a port of entry. The balance of trade is in the EU's favour, offset by services from the UK.

Gordon Brown saved us from the latter and the former will be undone by Guy Verhofstadt.
Now we've got that sorted can we ask him to stop blaming them for everything?

Now, this might be a hint to some...othewise, carry on flag waving.

EU goods are imported into the UK at a port of entry. The balance of trade is in the EU's favour, offset by services from the UK.
Exactly. We import from the EU, they export to us.

Our exports to the EU become their imports 'from' us.

Your quoted post said . . . 'Given that the EU imports more to us than we export to them . . .'

You Remainers all share the same traits....

A conviction that change is impossible
That any deviation from the norm is doomed to failure
And that people can’t rise to the occasion

You are very negative and fearful people.
Hahahahahahahahaha.......

When you want to wean yourself off benefits get back to me

Oh get over yourself. Brexit in whatever shape or form is in the distant future. Your own CEO thinks it’s at least three years away. And they’re sending you for a month in the front line................of Folkestone.

You be careful out there.

You seem utterly impressed by Thompson…

Lets remind ioueselves

I would like to thank Jon for his huge contribution and service to the Ministry of Defence over the past 7 years, 3 and a half years as the Permanent Secretary. He has played the key role in helping to sort out the department’s finances and balancing its budget in addition to overseeing important organisational change and the delivery of last year’s Strategic Defence and Security Review. We wish him every success at HMRC.

Defence Secretary Michael Fallon.

And after he parachuted out having 'sorted out the finances' and 'balanced the budget', the wheels fell off.

Lisbon is a deeply flawed treaty; Blair is a deeply flawed ex-PM; and Juncker is a deeply flawed alky. Are they all entirely to blame? Of course not, but none of them helped.
They're no more flawed than the rest of 'em or us. We're all human but we're not all under the spotlight.

And after he parachuted out having 'sorted out the finances' and 'balanced the budget', the wheels fell off.
Did you take over?

You may find that the wheels fell off due the devaluation of sterling and a parlysed government....I wonder what cuased that?

There's always an upside to everything...

'Kin labour and the bail out?
You might try and leave the last decade, any time you're ready. Read the post I was replying to to get context, you're getting as bad as the OP for autobluff.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453