Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I’ve no idea what you hope to accomplish in a month for an event some years away. I suppose for you customs people it’ll be called work experience. A completely new concept.
We need to start somewhere on the new controls and next week is as good as any. But it is nice to know that you have got our collective backs as our virtual Project Manager. :thumright:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
We need to start somewhere on the new controls and next week is as good as any. But it is nice to know that you have got our collective backs as our virtual Project Manager. :thumright:

New controls for what, imaginary Brexit. You’re doing role play and team building. . I believe that’s the term for getting F Troop out of the way, especially when there is something important to be done.

Call whoever you like, I always found ports to be cold miserable holes in the winter. And now the brexiters learn the difference between a coastline and a border.
Have a good time.
You never know Leo you might get called up.
Bring it on, you'll find out what it's all about. Incidentally there's not a lot of difference between a coastline or a border if one happens to be the other.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Stop embarrassing yourself - the above post is pitiful...
Oh get over yourself. Brexit in whatever shape or form is in the distant future. Your own CEO thinks it’s at least three years away. And they’re sending you for a month in the front line................of Folkestone.

You be careful out there.

One of my Ex colleagues has just died. A more unassuming man you couldn't meet. Back in his ID days what he did would be considered Heroic today. Then it was just a days work. I'm proud to have known him, a lot of what I know was down to his patient tuition. R I P

Given that the EU imports more to us than we export to them, the Treasury would rightly anticipate making a tidy profit on Customs declarations. It is not all one-way traffic.
How does the EU 'import' to us; surely they 'export' to us?

How do you expect to persuade anybody to a point of view if you cannot get the simplest terminology correct?

I'm using your post as an example but my point is relevant to many posters here. FFS people, proof read your posts before clicking the 'Post Reply' button.

Oh get over yourself. Brexit in whatever shape or form is in the distant future. Your own CEO thinks it’s at least three years away. And they’re sending you for a month in the front line................of Folkestone.
Jon Thompson is not my CEO and Folkestone is, effectively, a FOB for both Dover and Northern France. HMRC are not the lead agency at the border.

Oil, get yer Snake Oil...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453