Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I don't believe that is the case. If HMG fails in this venture (and it's not doing very well, either deliberately or through incompetence) then I would expect Parliament to sort it out in the national interest.
What you believe is irrelevant. Only europe wide unanimous ratification of the proposed deal avoids hard brexit. Them's the rules.

Cynical

LE
Book Reviewer
The only way that we will get a decent deal is to persuade EU that we can take "hard Brexit" which we patently can.

Had Cameron allowed CS to prepare for the possibility of the out vote, or May got a grip early on we would not be here. As it is our only sensible option is to walk out of negotiations.

I voted out and, like all those who voted the same way whom I know and / or have met since, considered carefully the consequences of no deal. My conclusion remains that we are better off out.

i also suspect that if we leave with no deal (i.e trading under WTO rules) the EU will be coming back to strke a free trade deal with us. We are the 5th or 6th (depending on whom you ask and how you count it) largest economy in the world and the largest close neighbor to EU.

What you believe is irrelevant. Only europe wide unanimous ratification of the proposed deal avoids hard brexit. Them's the rules.

What if Parliament should offer something more attractive? This is how the world works, you know?

Perhaps you don't.

According to the BBC earlier, government borrowing and debt are both down.
So broadly speaking Government is on target and in a stronger than Labour. Moreover both contenders for the throne have advocated not tying May's hands with too many strictures. Verhoffstadt was being rather tight lipped on C4 news tonight. Something tells me that things are moving and it might be sooner rather than later.

It's screamingly obvious. Something that isn't a hard Brexit.

It's not my plan, by the way, merely my interpretation of the way the wind is currently blowing.
Maybe reread my previous posts. There will be a take it or leave it deal before every Parliament. What it is, is between HMG and the EU. Any parliament small or large including ours can reject it. They can't alter it.

Maybe reread my previous posts. There will be a take it or leave it deal before every Parliament. What it is, is between HMG and the EU. Any parliament small or large including ours can reject it. They can't alter it.

Why can't they alter it? Why can't they choose to bin the idea completely?

Parliament does make the law and I'm assuming you voted for Parliamentary sovereignty.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It is WORTH pointing out that there is no mandate for a hard Brexit. Tell the people that they are going to be seriously f*cked over and I would suggest, most might want to take a year or two to reconsider. Royally screwed, the UK will be. Not something advertised by the likes of Bojo and his mob.
Absolute rubbish! The ONLY mandate is for a hard brexit as that what leave means. All the negotiations are to soften that, but the fact remains that the referendum was a mandate for hard brexit.

Remainiacs repeating the incorrect statement endlessly does not make it fact.

How would this happen? Parliament get to debate the deal negotiated by the Government. Parliament don't get an opportunity to turn around to the EU and say we would like a better deal please! What are struggling to understand?

Parliament votes on something and instructs HMG to go back to the EU.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470