Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
My thoughts too... Both major parties need to ditch their leaders in order to win outright. The Lib Dems should just ditch Vince Cable regardless!
Looking at all three Parties, there is not much to choose to replace the current incumbents!

The new Govt in Italy is likely to collapse before the UK leaves the EU if the history of Italian politics follows its usual trajectory, so I wouldn't pin Brexit hopes to it.

As for hard Brexit, if that was going to happen it would have already but somehow Parliament and HMG don't look too keen on shooting the country in the HEAD.
I've given you a dumb.

I shall amend in 30 minutes. ;)

It is a fair point but I would argue that the threat is not Brexit but uncontrolled migration and, especially, Merkel's response to the migrant crisis in 2015-16. Russian aggression pales by comparison.
As a History Man, your data is frankly out of date - migration is slowing, as far as I understand, most economic tossers have left Latvia and moved south for warmer climes or better welfare benefits. Latvia is cool, well, minus 20 in February, what's not to like? ;)

A handsome chap that one. Better looking than my Brittany Spaniel - the bugger doesn't even speak English.

As it's a Brexit Trade thread, do you care to swap dogs (I live in France, but no tariffs will be applied.)
Sadly not. Though his forebears were probably Spanish, and may even have come across with the Legions, I'm afraid Harry is now as English as roast beef and the pigeons and squirrels won't chase themselves.

There is also the question of the neighbours' cat:
Low Noon.jpg

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
As for ditching the respective leaders. If the Labour Party can come out with a viable take on Brexit, writing off leaving the customs union and single market. Given the disarray of the Conservative party, labour might just swing it.

The Conservative Party are incredibly lucky to be facing as complete a tube as Corbyn.

If he lies through his teeth and Labour pull off a coherent and simple story. Such as, we’re leaving the Eu and staying in or around the CU and SM. I can see the Tories and DUP getting stuffed.

When goods, services and money don't cross borders, armies will.

Close the thread
You're getting very warry, been on the shandys?

As a History Man, your data is frankly out of date - migration is slowing, as far as I understand, most economic tossers have left Latvia and moved south for warmer climes or better welfare benefits. Latvia is cool, well, minus 20 in February, what's not to like? ;)
Now, now Krom, you know full well that I wasn't talking about migration between EU MS, which has collapsed in the case of Brexit Britain.

There's a mandate to leave the EU. Whether Brexit is hard or soft or somewhere in between will be decided by a combination of the negotiation process and the Article 50 mechanism, the question of a further mandate doesn't arise. The outcome will be the result of choices already made by both sides - for the UK, the choice to leave and, for the EU, the choice of a remorseless leaving mechanism which has a 'no agreement' option and which imposes almost irreversible deadlines.

It's also worth pointing out that there is more of a mandate for a hard Brexit than for any government action which bound us closer to Brussels.
It is WORTH pointing out that there is no mandate for a hard Brexit. Tell the people that they are going to be seriously f*cked over and I would suggest, most might want to take a year or two to reconsider. Royally screwed, the UK will be. Not something advertised by the likes of Bojo and his mob.

That question was never asked; wishing that it should have been does not render the original ballot invalid. Btw, Remain were clear that leaving the EU meant leaving the CU/SM and yet Leave still prevailed.
That is an interesting take on words. Seriously, well done. Not sure not the Welsh or rural communities would have your take on English to have understood not only the point, but, consequences. Your education was not wasted, I see.

So lets recap, Italy a combination of Out of the Euro and Out of Europe, Germany AfD out of the Euro, Marine Le Penn, out of the Euro with the Left in both Italy and France looking towards Russia. Italy and Greece moaning about Brussels doing nothing about migration ( which is Brussels responsibility). Yep back to Lisbon.
And your point is?

Once in power and earning their shillings, they will also succumb to the magnificence of money, and all will be right with the world.

It is WORTH pointing out that there is no mandate for a hard Brexit. Tell the people that they are going to be seriously f*cked over and I would suggest, most might want to take a year or two to reconsider. Royally screwed, the UK will be. Not something advertised by the likes of Bojo and his mob.
Whether people fully understood what they were voting for and whether that vote conferred a mandate are two separate issues, but the vote certainly conferred a mandate, because that's what votes do.

Whether the referendum result is in the UK's favour or not, no-one can tell at this point and it may yet depend on the point you choose to view it from - the perspective ten, twenty, thirty or a hundred years on could be very different and almost certainly will be.

If money's your driver, you're almost certainly a loser. If you think a bit more deeply about the constitution and the relationship of the state to the individual, it's almost certainly a price worth paying.

It's why this thread will run forever.

So for you the inescapable fact is to remain in no matter what-it's falling apart man. Politicians have colluded against the wills of their electorate and all they can do is shout IGNORE THE FACTS, it's all a big lie.?
The thing I like most about being an English teacher is that in my neck of the woods, I meet first hand people who do represent their fellow country people and do kick off.

You live in a country of 72M+ and counting? Stop talking wibble.

Whether people fully understood what they were voting for and whether that vote conferred a mandate are two separate issues, but the vote certainly conferred a mandate, because that's what votes do.

Whether the referendum result is in the UK's favour or not, no-one can tell at this point and it may yet depend on the point you choose to view it from - the perspective ten, twenty, thirty or a hundred years on could be very different and almost certainly will be.

If money's your driver, you're almost certainly a loser. If you think a bit more deeply about the constitution and the relationship of the state to the individual, it's almost certainly a price worth paying.

It's why this thread will run forever.
You've raised an excellent point, because, does Parliament represent the true interests of ALL the people of the UK? Even those in-eligible to vote because of age, for example?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 252
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464