Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Indeed. What are your thoughts on this most important issue for the future of the country?
I think the EU team have been very effective in not conceding a single point. Jolly good drills in negotiating unconditional surrender of a defeated enemy.

Less helpful in dealing with a future relationship between allies.

We can't blink anything like to the extent they demand as it's politically impossible to get through. And they won't as its not their money so they don't care. So brace for impact. Hard brexit ahoy.

I think the EU team have been very effective in not conceding a single point. Jolly good drills in negotiating unconditional surrender of a defeated enemy.

Less helpful in dealing with a future relationship between allies.

We can't blink anything like to the extent they demand as it's politically impossible to get through. And they won't as its not their money so they don't care. So brace for impact. Hard brexit ahoy.

There is no UK mandate for a hard Brexit, as much as you would wish to carry out such an act of self-harm. Those who think Parliament would allow such a thing are deluded.

How can it be moot? Here buy some cigarettes - you'll enjoy them, it'll make you feel good and more relaxed.

(Did I forget to the mention the terrible death that awaits you?)

Moot?
Because I have no idea what the general level of comprehension was and neither have you. Based on personal experience, I'm willing to bet that it wasn't high.

I think you'll find most people get paid to do stuff.
If you've charged a client for your opinion on this specific issue in the last five working days, well done you. If they pay you, well done you even more.

There is no UK mandate for a hard Brexit, as much as you would wish to carry out such an act of self-harm. Those who think Parliament would allow such a thing are deluded.
Parliament triggered A50. If they and every other regional, national and euro parliament don't approve whatever deal is submitted, hard brexit it is. Not my desired outcome, I would rather the EU were reasonable but they aren't so we are where we are.

Parliament triggered A50. If they and every other regional, national and euro parliament don't approve whatever deal is submitted, hard brexit it is. Not my desired outcome, I would rather the EU were reasonable but they aren't so we are where we are.

I don't believe that is the case. If HMG fails in this venture (and it's not doing very well, either deliberately or through incompetence) then I would expect Parliament to sort it out in the national interest.

I don't believe that is the case. If HMG fails in this venture (and it's not doing very well, either deliberately or through incompetence) then I would expect Parliament to sort it out in the national interest.
What you believe is irrelevant. Only europe wide unanimous ratification of the proposed deal avoids hard brexit. Them's the rules.

Cynical

LE
Book Reviewer
The only way that we will get a decent deal is to persuade EU that we can take "hard Brexit" which we patently can.

Had Cameron allowed CS to prepare for the possibility of the out vote, or May got a grip early on we would not be here. As it is our only sensible option is to walk out of negotiations.

I voted out and, like all those who voted the same way whom I know and / or have met since, considered carefully the consequences of no deal. My conclusion remains that we are better off out.

i also suspect that if we leave with no deal (i.e trading under WTO rules) the EU will be coming back to strke a free trade deal with us. We are the 5th or 6th (depending on whom you ask and how you count it) largest economy in the world and the largest close neighbor to EU.

What you believe is irrelevant. Only europe wide unanimous ratification of the proposed deal avoids hard brexit. Them's the rules.

What if Parliament should offer something more attractive? This is how the world works, you know?

Perhaps you don't.

According to the BBC earlier, government borrowing and debt are both down.
So broadly speaking Government is on target and in a stronger than Labour. Moreover both contenders for the throne have advocated not tying May's hands with too many strictures. Verhoffstadt was being rather tight lipped on C4 news tonight. Something tells me that things are moving and it might be sooner rather than later.