This is very true:

TM's Initial Negotiation Position: We will leave the CU

TM's Final Negotiating Position: We won't leave the CU

^_^
I wrote that tongue in cheek, but:

TM 2016 - “We’re leaving Euratom!”

TM 2018 - “Can we stay in Euratom? We’ll pay you loads of money for it?”

Hardly a surprise, mind. =-D

“I have already said that I want the UK to have a deep science partnership with the European Union, because this is in the interests of scientists and industry right across Europe.

And today I want to spell out that commitment even more clearly.

The United Kingdom would like the option to fully associate ourselves with the excellence-based European science and innovation programmes – including the successor to Horizon 2020 and Euratom R&T.

It is in the mutual interest of the UK and the EU that we should do so.

Of course such an association would involve an appropriate UK financial contribution, which we would willingly make
.”

PM speech on science and modern Industrial Strategy: 21 May 2018

I wrote that tongue in cheek, but:

TM 2016 - “We’re leaving Euratom!”

TM 2018 - “Can we stay in Euratom? We’ll pay you loads of money for it?”

Hardly a surprise, mind. =-D

“I have already said that I want the UK to have a deep science partnership with the European Union, because this is in the interests of scientists and industry right across Europe.

And today I want to spell out that commitment even more clearly.

The United Kingdom would like the option to fully associate ourselves with the excellence-based European science and innovation programmes – including the successor to Horizon 2020 and Euratom R&T.

It is in the mutual interest of the UK and the EU that we should do so.

Of course such an association would involve an appropriate UK financial contribution, which we would willingly make
.”

PM speech on science and modern Industrial Strategy: 21 May 2018
The £350 million quid just keeps getting whittled down

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The conclusion I'm drawing is that you privately realise Brexit has gone tits up, but you're unable to admit it.
Wishful thinking again BL? How's the apologising going, you must be quite good at it by now?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It looks like the Remainiacs are feeling the pinch if one of their leading lights advocates disenfranchisement of the majority of the electorate that voted in the EU referendum!

Clegg says Brexiters have 'forfeited their right to be heard' as he calls for one-year delay in leaving EU
Sir Nick Clegg, the former Lib Dem deputy prime minister, is giving a speech on Brexit at Speaker’s House in the Houses of Parliament tonight. Some extracts have been released in advance, and Clegg is not holding back. Here are the main points from what has been sent out so far.
  • Clegg says Brexiters have now “forfeited their right to be heard” because they have managed this process so badly. He says:
[The Brexiters] have now forfeited their right to be heard on the process: they advocated Brexit during the referendum without the faintest idea what it means in practice; they still can’t agree amongst themselves how it should work; and they have no remote chance of crossing all the T’s and dotting all the I’s before the deadline which they themselves established.
They’ve had ample time to sort this mess out. And they’ve failed. So now they must give way to MPs to do what they believe to be right for the country and for their constituents.​
Hardly s very liberal attitude!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
we're leaving the EU. Splendid. Things are panning out as desired. You may not be able to accept this outcome and you may try to perceive the leavers as thick xenophobic people who only cared about immigrants taking their jobs but, hey, that's YOUR issue.
You consider this whole mess as a desirable state of affairs. Are you sure you aren’t French?

we're leaving the EU. Splendid. Things are panning out as desired. You may not be able to accept this outcome and you may try to perceive the leavers as thick xenophobic people who only cared about immigrants taking their jobs but, hey, that's YOUR issue.
You still don't think Brexit is looking somewhat wobbly?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You still don't think Brexit is looking somewhat wobbly?
I don't.

I think trade talks are looking decidedly shaky but that is not helped by the intransigence of and hard work by Remainiacs who are determined that the minority view should prevail.

Not very democratic and Herr Clegg is now advocating silencing his opposition. Going well for Remain? I don't think so!

It looks like the Remainiacs are feeling the pinch if one of their leading lights advocates disenfranchisement of the majority of the electorate that voted in the EU referendum!

Hardly s very liberal attitude!
it's the wrong kind of Liberalism- you know the kind you have to agree with. After all Stalin was very liberal- with Bullets

I don't.

I think trade talks are looking decidedly shaky but that is not helped by the intransigence of and hard work by Remainiacs who are determined that the minority view should prevail.

Not very democratic and Herr Clegg is now advocating silencing his opposition. Going well for Remain? I don't think so!

There aren't any trade talks yet.

What do you think of extending the Art 50 period and the Customs Union rules?

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
It was the liberal 'Democrats' that blocked fairer constituencies.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm sure in the fullness of time the picture will be a lot clearer. And better for a brexited Britain. Sorry if that upsets you in any way.

I’m sure you think you’re right. Brexit a success eventually. That’s what I call an aspiration.

Brexit, a ballsup. But you’ll all get used to it.

I'm glad to see you can draw a conclusion.

Which comfort blanket do you have in mind?
You appear to have a "Can't leave the protection of the Army" blanket, and a "Can't leave the protection of Europe" blanket.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453