Brexit Phase Two - Trade

When the next recession rolls along. And as the old joke goes, economists predicted 13 of the last 4 recessions.

More seriously, it's generally accepted that a country will default on its debts when the debt to GDP ration exceeds 140%. Here are the current figures.

Eurostat - Tables, Graphs and Maps Interface (TGM) table

Greece: 178.6%
Italy: 131.8%
Portugal: 125.7%
Belgium 103.1%

Greece - in any other circumstances - would have gone bust in the last recession. But that might have brought down the eurozone, so it was bullied into savage austerity.

Italy is going over the edge for sure in the next recession and probably Portugal too. The Belgians may end up on life support.

Italy is too big to fail - a financial crisis there will finish off the eurozone in its present form. Which is why I suspect the ECB/European commission will cave in to a lot of the incoming government's demands. Anything to improve Italy's economic position before the recession does hit.

Wordsmith
Italy doesn't yet have an incoming Govt. I'm rather bemused that you're pinning your Brexit hopes on an Italian Govt which doesn't yet exist.

I wasn't referring to culpability if you follow the drift of the earlier conversation.
I wasn't following a drift, I quoted you directly. Please stop blowing bubbles and explain why you believe that Germany's responsibility for World War Two might be in doubt and thus the subject of endless debate.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
Italy doesn't yet have an incoming Govt. I'm rather bemused that you're pinning your Brexit hopes on an Italian Govt which doesn't yet exist.
He wishes for ruination of the Italians, and in a wider sense, all of Europe to vindicate his pushing of this brexit mess to his community.

Classic early stages of denial

Did you blame someone else when you were tick-tocked off the parade square?
Never whinged, never asked for someone to speak for me, ever. Never fcekd the OC about either except once: to remind the SSM that the charge of insubordination might be a tricky to stick when the OC had been there, tears rolling down his face, laughing, when I answered back my Troopy.

5 minute conference by the SSM with the OC. Told to shut it, plead guilty to amended/changed charge to Sec 69, fined £3, march out.

Got done nearly every day in basic, result: sweeping out the guard room, brasso-ing bright work, show parades, etc. bulling RP NCOs boots and OoD Sam Brownes. Got my own mug eventually in the GR. Only two 252 entries ever (252 was the sqn sheet sh!t sheet, IIRC?) throughout my time.

He wishes for ruination of the Italians, and in a wider sense, all of Europe to vindicate his pushing of this brexit mess to his community.

Classic early stages of denial

I agree there's a sudden increase in posters arguing with things I haven't said.

Lisbon, David Cameron, Tony Blair.

Anything to ignore having to discuss this governments criminal incompetence
Judiciary, House of Lords, MPs, BBC, Times, Guardian, Independent, New Statesman, Economist, Private Eye, CBI and snowflakes.

Lizard people, aliens and Satan to follow. It is amusing apart from the fact it's the future of the country at stake.

Meerkatz: "Did we start wars with the Europeans in the last two hundred years?"

Your response, post #22,166 (already quoted):
"The UK declared war on Germany in both 1914 and 1939. You can argue who started it until the cows come home."

Culpability for World War One is distinctly murky, by contrast, responsibility for World War Two is not unless you're David Irving or Brotherton Lad.

Your grandad wasn't a Wehrmacht propagandist by any chance, there's a certainly similarity with regard to the treatment of facts?

A German Explanation for the Start of WW II

Hark, the sound of lowing cattle returning to their domicle.

Meerkatz: "Did we start wars with the Europeans in the last two hundred years?"

Your response, post #22,166 (already quoted):
"The UK declared war on Germany in both 1914 and 1939. You can argue who started it until the cows come home."

Culpability for World War One is distinctly murky, by contrast, responsibility for World War Two is not unless you're David Irving or Brotherton Lad.

Your grandad wasn't a Wehrmacht propagandist by any chance, there's a certainly similarity with regard to the treatment of facts?

A German Explanation for the Start of WW II

Hark, the sound of lowing cattle returning to their domicle.

You are struggling with comprehension.

It has certainly never held anyone back. Look at that idiot Olly Robbins and his crazy Customs partnership scheme. Only someone as stupid as Theresa May would give it any credence.
Well. There is a school of thought that claims that all and any ideas (no matter how daft) are being publicly considered, to give TM a certain credibility.

TM can then truthfully claim that she tried all and any suggestions (thus appeasing advocates of various solutions) but regretfully, due to Remainers/Lords/Parliament/EU/Civil Service/Treasury/Ireland* the backstop agreement in the protocol must be applied.

It has a certain logic.

*Select your chosen scapegoat, as long as it’s not TM ^^