Brexit infrastructure?

Talking to someone a couple of days ago, and he reckoned that there was nothing new getting built with regards to customs etc. at the main ports of entry to the UK. Is he correct?

Are the current facilities sufficient for what's likely to be a somewhat increased workload? Or are they just a bit late off the mark in getting started?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Nah, I'll let someone else do it!

If it's Theresa May deciding, it will be a few years whilst she decides what kind of shed we want, and a decision will be deferred until she decides will she get the most support being pro or anti shed

If it's Theresa May deciding, it will be a few years whilst she decides what kind of shed we want, and a decision will be deferred until she decides will she get the most support being pro or anti shed
At least we won't have to give the EU £10Bn just to have them (make us) pay for 3 x B&Q "economy" sh*ds flying EU flags and displaying signs to the effect that they were funded entirely by EU Regional Development Grants.

At least we won't have to give the EU £10Bn just to have them (make us) pay for 3 x B&Q "economy" sh*ds flying EU flags and displaying signs to the effect that they were funded entirely by EU Regional Development Grants.
Were there any signs on EU building saying "Offices for failed politicians - funded by the taxes of the national populations that rejected them at the ballot box"?

I hate being told what to think, as such I always resented EU signage.

Talking to someone a couple of days ago, and he reckoned that there was nothing new getting built with regards to customs etc. at the main ports of entry to the UK. Is he correct?

Are the current facilities sufficient for what's likely to be a somewhat increased workload? Or are they just a bit late off the mark in getting started?
Suppose this could go on other Brexit threads but thinking on it appears that a major new piece of infrastructure is required to be built or more accurately recreated having been laid waste.

It is called Customs and Excise

Bill Austin: I've been in Customs for 30 years and I agree with Boris - May's Chequers plan is a turd

Yes but the real question is will it be a soft shed or a hard shed and will she get a deal or no deal on said shed? Can we have another referendum on what sort of shed we want and then some more referenda until we get the shed we think we want and then another referendum for those who want a different shed to the one we are getting according to the previous referendum.

Will the pro 'This Sort of Shed' Shed Minister resign and PMTM appoint a pro 'That Sort of Shed' Shed Minister whose views exactly mirror her own?

We need to know these things plus some other things - where's Laura Kuensberg when we need her?

Suppose this could go on other Brexit threads but thinking on it appears that a major new piece of infrastructure is required to be built or more accurately recreated having been laid waste.

It is called Customs and Excise

Bill Austin: I've been in Customs for 30 years and I agree with Boris - May's Chequers plan is a turd
Bill’s very pedantic, the UKBF are customs in all but name.

The issues have arisen because they have merged immigration and HMIC (the uniformed parts anyway) and they are now required to man the primary control point (passport desks) as well as the customs channels.
The old Customs investigation department has been absorbed into the NCA (until recently the Border Policing Command) so seizures are still dealt with properly.
The revenue side of it is still HMIC and yes they operate inland but primarily deal with duty evasion.
HMIC will still carry out the revenue side of it but inspections at the port will be carried out by, if I was a betting man, a much better resourced and manned UKBF.

Get with the programme.

The plan is to do fúck all about Brexit apart from filling the press with scare stories.

Just in the nick of time we'll have a second referendum in the hope that the population make the correct decision.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Why on earth would Mrs May pay for new facilities as she is hell bent on keeping us in the EU anyway?! :rolleyes:

Regardless of the noise in the media, there seems to be a carefully orchestrated narrative to allow the government to edge towards a position of either pretending to leave, or not leave at all.

Thus brexit infrastructure isn't going to be needed.

Caveat, perhaps JRM et al might find the minerals to bring down the PM and try to run the UK into the abyss.

Less than 20% of this happening in my opinion

Latest Threads