ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Brexit: How would you vote today?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skylog, Jun 14, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Leave

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Remain

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After May's move to call early elections and the results without majority, Brexit could be aborted and Germany's finance minister Scheauble has said the EU is ready to have the UK back. I think it would be a breach of the people's vote in the referendum but politicians will claim that if May has lost the elections it means people don't want Brexit anymore. To know if that is true, here's a poll. How would you vote today in a referendum?

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. The update is the EU is offering the UK to abort Brexit and May doesn't have a majority in parliament

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  3. Brexit equals more brexit threads

4. I think May did it on purpouse. They delayed Brexit as long as possible, then they called for early elections hoping to lose majority so that they have now the excuse to not complete Brexit.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  5. The UK is on its way out, get used to it. May will have to actively stop Brexit or Britain will silently slip out of the EU in March 2019. So, make a deal and get on with it. Article 50 is a clock and that clock is ticking, she shouldn't delay the negotations. That would be really irresponsible.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They've been delaying it for a year now. When you delay something continuosly it means you have no intention to do it and wait for something that gives you the excuse to abort it. They now have the excuse of not having the majority in the parliament

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1

7. Wishful thinking won't change the result. The UK is leaving the EU. Deal with it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Then why they're taking so long? It's exactly the behaviour of people who don't want to do something

• Old Old x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Are you nine years old? My sister's kids have more patience and grasp of reality than you do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think the delay was caused because DC did not have a plan if Leave won, nothing, zip, zero.
    It took 9 months to sort out all the planning, sort out all the UK legal stuff and let the dust settles.

Had DC made plans prior to the vote, article 50 would have been triggered the next day.

However, I have friends in Germany who think the UK will fudge it and not leave and others that are happy to see the UK leave.
    In about 20 years we will find out the truth.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I always thought the referendum was too early and should have been left a few more years. However, I voted leave then and I'd vote leave now.

I'm not going to pretend the constant negative assault on our future prospects hasn't been wearing but my resolve is firm. However, all those morons who say the 350m thing was their reason for voting leave might have changed their mind. We need a counter-lobbying campaign to remind everyone what is at stake. The leave campaign ended the day after the referendum (realistically) but the remainers have never stopped. Their arguments are defeatist but still largely valid. Are people forgetting what the argument for leave was?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Calling you a stupid **** would be an insult to stupid *****. You bendy brained, utter shit-wit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Reported for fouling up ARRSE with yet another ******* political thread.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sadly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.