Brexit Gambles?

Apologies, an explanation.

One thing I think most people agree on is that market volatility will probably increase as we approad D-day. Whether assets rise or fall is, in many ways, unpredictable.....but an increase in volatility is more so.

The above description is basically correct, but the puts/calls can be purchased on any asset class (i.e. not just "stocks"). For example, FX options are available through the usual channels. The other difference not mentioned above is that a "strangle" is cheaper than a "straddle", because more volatility is required before the strategy pays out.

I'd spend the £2k on options premiums, buying a call and a put, each 5% away from the spot price (thereby reducing the cost, which means greater potential upside for a given spend). It's called a "strangle"....for some reason. As far as option strategies go, it's very basic.

See How To Profit From Volatility

CowboyBob

War Hero
I have a few small bets of a no deal Brexiteers and BoJo being the next Conservative leader, but I am awaiting to see if an increase in interest rates will see more pre-owned Rolex watch being put on the market and their prices dropping. If I can pick up my "grail watch" for around the £4k mark I will be happy. ;0)

D

Deleted 24582

With 2k to spend just go all out on hookers and blow for a night.

Or you could be responsible and dig a hole in the backyard, and hide it.

You need to up the investment to make money. 2 grand is not enough.

D

Deleted 24582

Unless the fixed transaction costs are enormous, that's just not true. Returns are relative.
But paying off a bill or prepaying one would be a better use at this point. Hell just keeping a 2k cash slush fund would be a better use for a poor mans fortune.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Dried soup, dried milk, ration packs, Anderson shelters. Tea bags, big dogs, axes, rice, generators. Petrol. Old but cheerful whores who aren’t too chubby.

D

Deleted 24582

Why?

It's entirely dependent upon the return profile of each choice.
I don’t know any banks that pay more than 2 percent on any savings account.

If he has credit card debt, the interest charged would be greater than any return he could expect.

If you really want to make money either invent some bollocks card game like Exploding Kittens, or setup a Brexit pool at 5 pounds a square.

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
I don’t know any banks that pay more than 2 percent on any savings account.

If he has credit card debt, the interest charged would be greater than any return he could expect.

If you really want to make money either invent some bollocks card game like Exploding Kittens, or setup a Brexit pool at 5 pounds a square.
What if I've not got any credit card debt, but have £2k to spunk on a gamble?

Which is the point in the thread, Einstein.

D

Deleted 24582

Not if it's wisely spent on hookers and blow.
But depending on where you live in UK what kind of hooker can you get for your budget?

What is the going rate for an Eightball?

You can't buy Glock or Sig Sauer so that investment option is off the table.

2 K might be some money for a hunt or nice vacation in the middle of nowhere. Hell that would be gas money for 6 months in my house hold.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Classic cars.

Left hand drive ones that can easily be sold on the continent if it all goes to shit here.

I’ve got a LHD Ferrari sat in the garage, if the pound suddenly plunges, I can easily shift it in Europe and it’s an easy way of quickly turning an asset into Euros.

Better than having that money stashed in the bank when doomsday comes.

Oyibo

LE

Latest Threads