Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused; haven't barnier, the bbc and remain twitterati being on a three year broadcast, about how utterly inconsequential is the united kingdom....... The first real baby step post-brexit suggests otherwise, all within a few weeks of our formal exit.

And here's why Preti Patel was accused of bullying.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...accused-obstructing-home-secretaries-clashes/
The top civil servant at the Home Office has been accused of “obstructing” and “undermining” successive home secretaries in an extraordinary clash with Priti Patel. Allies of Ms Patel, the Home Secretary, claimed Sir Philip Rutnam, the Home Office’s permanent secretary, had attempted to block announcements, thwart staff moves and undermine her in Cabinet.

Sources confirmed Ms Patel had tried to remove Sir Philip, permanent secretary for three years, because of a “genuine disagreement.” “They are just not the right fit,” said a source. “We want to deliver on the manifesto and we need people in the right places to make sure all of it happens.”

Looks like the incoming Home Secretary wants to get Brexit related things done and doesn't like senior CS trying to drag their feet.

I'd suspect Rutnam will not be in his present post much longer. A few high level CS heads will have to roll as encouragement to the others to embrace Brexit.

Wordsmith

The next budget starts in 2021. That's what they're planning now. The UK definitely coming out of the transition period at the end of the year means that can't extort any money out of us for the 2021 budget by dragging out the FTA talks indefinitely.

They hadn't planned on spending our money. What the argument is now about is whether the budget is reduced in line with the smaller EU or where the relatively few net contributors put more money into the pot to keep the EUs budget at or above the present level. The European Commission is naturally in favour of the latter.
  • Less money means more net contributors to the EU - which is politically unpopular in those countries.
  • With less funding, the EU has less bribes to dish out to persuade countries to give up more of their sovereignty.
My money says the European Commission tries to force through a budget increase using QMV.

The one sure thing is that, had we stayed in the EU, they would have been looking to chisel more money out of us.

Wordsmith

Wellllllll……

Apparently, they need to spend more, and much of the extra spending will need to be on security and all the migrants flooding in to EUtopia.

Hello Mutti, those 1.5 million Doctors, teachers and Engineers you let in worked out well!

Wellllllll……

Apparently, they need to spend more, and much of the extra spending will need to be on security and all the migrants flooding in to EUtopia.

Hello Mutti, those 1.5 million Doctors, teachers and Engineers you let in worked out well!
If you think rationally, the EU arguments for more money make sense..... Frankly, its the only glue that holds the whole together and once the subsidies stop, so does the purchased loyalty.... All you've got left is the jollies for the politicians on their brussels/strasbourg trips and big business love of zero friction.

The USA are miles ahead of (ahem) Europe, they will get it online within 5 years and Canada will follow. The race to the top from within the UK is when Johnson hands over the contract to the Indian or Chinese firms in the UK.

Large Chinese and Indian software company's are contacting firms in the R&D belt of Cardiff and trying to buy into latest developments.

Having experienced Indian software development first hand, the Welsh version must be spectacularly shite if your dit is actually true.

If you think rationally, the EU arguments for more money make sense..... Frankly, its the only glue that holds the whole together and once the subsidies stop, so does the purchased loyalty.... All you've got left is the jollies for the politicians on their brussels/strasbourg trips and big business love of zero friction.

Why is why the EU insists on having the EU flag on projects in the UK - even when it's our own money being recycled back to us.

And why the larger part of our 0.7% of GDP foreign aid budget we hand over to the EU is immediately branded as EU aid, even though the UK provided the money.

Wordsmith

Why is why the EU insists on having the EU flag on projects in the UK - even when it's our own money being recycled back to us.

And why the larger part of our 0.7% of GDP foreign aid budget we hand over to the EU is immediately branded as EU aid, even though the UK provided the money.

Wordsmith
Rationally again, how many of those 27 member states are truly sovereign i.e. not being influenced by EU cash ?
We hump on about the big business, russians, chinese or saudis buying our politicians and yet the elephant in the room with the largest wheelbarrow of cash is the EU.

Rationally again, how many of those 27 member states are truly sovereign i.e. not being influenced by EU cash ?
We hump on about the big business, russians, chinese or saudis buying our politicians and yet the elephant in the room with the largest wheelbarrow of cash is the EU.
You might have noticed there was a vast majority in the HoC that were reluctant to leave the EU. It's hard to think we had to wait 40 years to punish the filth.

There is a definite feeling of deja vu all over again here!
I'm confused, that big red bus told me we paid oodles to europe.. But our remain friends told me, that it was lies and we get most of it back....... If that is so, why are our EU friends so upset about the very small hole in their budget ? surely, not having to write cheques for the UK anymore is a good thing.

You might have noticed there was a vast majority in the HoC that were reluctant to leave the EU. It's hard to think we had to wait 40 years to punish the filth.
Not just the HoC, our institutions root and branch have built close ties with brussels and junkets galore, paid for by the EU (via yours and mine taxation).

The USA are miles ahead of (ahem) Europe, they will get it online within 5 years and Canada will follow. The race to the top from within the UK is when Johnson hands over the contract to the Indian or Chinese firms in the UK.

Large Chinese and Indian software company's are contacting firms in the R&D belt of Cardiff and trying to buy into latest developments.

I look forward to see the Welsh version of Google. Perhaps they could call it "Look You"..

Status
Not open for further replies.