Brexit Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, sitting on the receiving end of Germany's politics we/they are odd and stupid.
It amazes me that UK is getting the ire of many for response and testing.

Yet we're 7th in the list. France, Spain, Italy, and USA are all in front.

As I am sure Germany would be. I'm not sure about their statistics.

We are two weeks behind mainland Europe. Germany have admitted their figures are low because they’ve been testing the young, they expect things to rise sharply.

We have more diseases and are in 5th place with currently about 78000 patients. Germany is testing quite a lot but don't be mistaken, the number of unreported cases is probably very high worldwide.
The fact is that nobody has a patent remedy for how to deal with the virus. Johnson and the government, as far as I understand it, are under attack for changing their strategy.
Herd immunity is a tried and tested and common concept and it is also used by other countries such as the Netherlands and Sweden.
In short, I do not understand why people are shooting at Johnson in this way.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
We have more diseases and are in 5th place with currently about 78000 patients. Germany is testing quite a lot but don't be mistaken, the number of unreported cases is probably very high worldwide.
The fact is that nobody has a patent remedy for how to deal with the virus. Johnson and the government, as far as I understand it, are under attack for changing their strategy.
Herd immunity is a tried and tested and common concept and it is also used by other countries such as the Netherlands and Sweden.
Because they want to.

If Johnson walked on water they'd say it's only because he can't swim.

You have been posting on these Brexit threads long enough to understand that for some, Johnson, the Tories, and / or Brexit get the blame for everything and anything.

If you want to see that extrapolated 10 fold, read the comment section at this link every week day.

Its hilarious

There's an interesting comparison between UK and Germany here:

There is more to it than that. The Germans have also been using some lateral thinking.

A simple, yet elegant force multiplier.

You have been posting on these Brexit threads long enough to understand that for some, Johnson, the Tories, and / or Brexit get the blame for everything and anything.

If you want to see that extrapolated 10 fold, read the comment section at this link every week day.

Its hilarious
But it isn't right. What about this thing you British invented? Fairness or so it is called, did they exchange it for foulness?
No European government exactly excels in battling the pandemic and the UK is not worse off than other countries.

What is right and what is wrong matters not to the moonhowling cult.
The moonhowlers are getting fewer in number.

Even my most pro-remain buddies are quietening down, both about Brexit and PMBJ.

Whether this is due to boredom, acceptance or something else is up for debate.

Italians are still not very happy about the EU:
Feeling against the EU is rising in Italy, with Matteo Salvini ramping up his rhetoric against the organisation, blaming it for not helping – and even hindering – Italy’s Coronavirus response. Although no longer in Government, Salvini is riding ten points above his rival parties in the Italian opinion polls. When the next election comes, he’s more likely than not to become the next Prime Minister of Italy. That’s why this tweet really matters…

“Once the virus is defeated, the rediscussion of this Europe and of Italy’s role will be a must, at least in terms of public debate. Nothing came to the rescue of Italy from the EU and indeed blackmail, trade wars, blocking masks, agricultural products, truck drivers.”

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Italians are still not very happy about the EU:
Feeling against the EU is rising in Italy, with Matteo Salvini ramping up his rhetoric against the organisation, blaming it for not helping – and even hindering – Italy’s Coronavirus response. Although no longer in Government, Salvini is riding ten points above his rival parties in the Italian opinion polls. When the next election comes, he’s more likely than not to become the next Prime Minister of Italy. That’s why this tweet really matters…

“Once the virus is defeated, the rediscussion of this Europe and of Italy’s role will be a must, at least in terms of public debate. Nothing came to the rescue of Italy from the EU and indeed blackmail, trade wars, blocking masks, agricultural products, truck drivers.”

Oh dear
How sad
The EU should really, really mind!

Nor is anyone else at this moment. It's not clear if the deaths across Europe have a set mean, ie. caused specifically by Covid or exacerbated by the infection given the concerns of underlying conditions. I see Greece has some in the migrant population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads