Brexit Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Keep the bits you like in the freezer and warm them up in the nuke machine when needed.

Truxx

LE
Possibly; those same tests that Dyson's design hasn't yet passed either. Also like Dyson's design, there doesn't appear to be anything to test, and thereby fail, yet - “We will still complete and publish our design as there has been a lot of interest for it from around the world".
The dyson one is doing well. They have trialled it on a real patient and he is picking up nicely.

The dyson one is doing well. They have trialled it on a real patient and he is picking up nicely.
I shudder to thing what the procedure is to empty him out though!:eek:

In Gtech's case "Gtech produced two more ventilators, submitting these to the government for assessment." taken from this page on their website COVID19 Ventilators Hence wondering about it being knocked back as not suitable, rather than joining the social media crowds who are claiming that HMG would rather give contracts to Tory donors such as Dyson.
Conspiracy theorists could have some fun though!

'Two of Britain’s biggest vacuum cleaner makers are embroiled in a legal spat over rival advertising campaigns. Dyson, run by the billionaire inventor Sir James Dyson, has filed a High Court claim complaining about a series of advertisements by Gtech, founded by Nick Grey, a self-described “country bumpkin”.'

E2A: from a bit of googling, it sounds like there's little love lost between Dyson and Grey.

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
Conspiracy theorists could have some fun though!

'Two of Britain’s biggest vacuum cleaner makers are embroiled in a legal spat over rival advertising campaigns. Dyson, run by the billionaire inventor Sir James Dyson, has filed a High Court claim complaining about a series of advertisements by Gtech, founded by Nick Grey, a self-described “country bumpkin”.'

E2A: from a bit of googling, it sounds like there's little love lost between Dyson and Grey.
I was once "tutored" by a chap with a terrific marketing CV. Apart from being head of Comms for Exxon during the Valdis event (sp?) he was also one one or other side of the lawnmower war between Qualcast and Flymo. (Its a lot less bovver than a hover I seem to remember)

In the latter case he catalogued the enormous efforts (and money) the two sides made in a desparate attempt to out-do each other, the results of which were completely lost on the consumer.

Cough Cough.

Why

Great mates eh :oops: :oops:
Human nature. Why should different European nations be any different from states within one nation when it comes to apparent self-preservation? You don't get votes at the next election from the people next door.

'States in the US are bidding against each other for ventilators in an effort to secure them for their own hospitals.'

offog

LE
I note from MSN the explanation given for the er hiccup in communication re ventilators was due largely to the interpretation of us having left/ er still a member of the EU during the transition period. Now it does rather beg an interesting question. WHO are laying into the UK gov via the lancet that they had been recommending testing from January 20th at a time when we were just being informed in the media of the covid 19 breakout-previously coronavirus, in which case of course the EU should have been doing much the same thing to avoid the naughtiness in Italy. It was not until later March that we were informed that the UK should have applied for the splendiforous equipment that the EU has stockpiled. This is going to turn into a real turkey fest of a blame game and I suspect Boris will be coming out of this more than ok. Moreover I understand that Germany is now going to assist Italy- perhaps the EU will claim that it's now co-ordinating things so much better. Merkwuerdig that's fer sure. I would try and post the link but it's rather difficult to post the URL
From reading the BBC article it seemed to my mind that the EU didn't have any but was going to buy in bulk and so get them cheaper.

From reading the BBC article it seemed to my mind that the EU didn't have any but was going to buy in bulk and so get them cheaper.
In the UK the British consortium making them is selling them at cost price to our NHS. No need for us to haggle like Middle Eastern Carpet salesmen.

re the ventilators.Lets say we get 20,000 of them in a few weeks time.After the crisis what happens to them? Put into storage for the next pandemic? sold off the other countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads