Brexit Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Within engineering you can have any two of the following characteristics.
Cheap
Quick
Reliable.

Which two characteristics are the most important for ventilators to help with COVID-19?
Not quite:

If you want it quick, it won't be cheap and is unlikely to meet the required spec
If you want it cheap, it's unlikely to meet the required spec
If you want it to meet the required spec, it won't be cheap and is unlikely to be quick

With life-saving health equipment, not meeting the spec means people die, and you 've wasted your money, no matter how quickly the equipment is delivered.

Truxx

LE
I'd go easy on the staff, I spent an hour on Monday (I'm on fecking holliday as well) taking someone through remote access to a client site. She is far from stupid, depending on the system in use it can be confusing if you haven't had training.

20/20 hindsight will say everyone should have been trained and oh BTW, you can't raise council taxes.
I was very nice I must say and used "we are all in this together" at least half a dozen times.

Truxx

LE
Not quite:

If you want it quick, it won't be cheap and is unlikely to meet the required spec
If you want it cheap, it's unlikely to meet the required spec
If you want it to meet the required spec, it won't be cheap and is unlikely to be quick

With life-saving health equipment, not meeting the spec means people die, and you 've wasted your money, no matter how quickly the equipment is delivered.
As long as you are sure the spec is right.

As long as you are sure the spec is right.
Too true, and not over-spec'd and thereby over-engineered. Did anyone mention the MoD and Shabby Wood?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, they certainly won't allocate any of them now. The incompetence of the UK administration, whether a 'lost email' or other, ideological, buffoonery, is breath-taking.
I was wondering where was the EU's wallet when GB was donating £210m to the global effort to develop a vaccine.

I was very nice I must say and used "we are all in this together" at least half a dozen times.
Hopefully we can go full circle and introduce more homeworking from now on.

Home life balance.
Less commuting, so less carbon.

Win, win.

Cheaper for business accommodation too.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Has the penny dropped at the BBC? Despite the sneering opening line, it seems a chink of light has pierced the darkness.

Keep spreading the Chinese propaganda; I'm sure there's a medal for you somewhere.

'Spain said it found that rapid coronavirus tests bought from China did not consistently identify positive cases and would return them to the manufacturer.'

Bit like China builds large Hospital that suddenly collapses. Death tol not from COVID19 but crush injuries- who'd a thunk it.

I hear BJ has it

Do people address you as Col/Maj/Grand Vice Sky Marshal Lad when they meet you or is it just plain Mr?
I believe the correct term Of address is “ Oi, garçon”......

I'd go easy on the staff, I spent an hour on Monday (I'm on fecking holliday as well) taking someone through remote access to a client site. She is far from stupid, depending on the system in use it can be confusing if you haven't had training.

20/20 hindsight will say everyone should have been trained and oh BTW, you can't raise council taxes.
Some businesses prepared for working from home before it became compulsory.

The rest are incompetant.

Some businesses prepared for working from home before it became compulsory.

The rest are incompetant.
Indeed.

My work were allez uber this sh*t and way in front of the curve.

As was I.

I've been gradually stocking up my larder.

We're even making our own bread again. It's lovely being locked down.

Only thing that spoils it is occasionally having to pop in to the office.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
So NATO, Russia, China and Cuba are helping in Italy.

The eu are f*cking about at something or other.
Although the Cubans are highly educated and have a first-class health system the food available to the locals is poor and there's not much of it. I hope they get a few decent Italian meals down their collective necks for their trouble.

Although the Cubans are highly educated and have a first-class health system the food available to the locals is poor and there's not much of it. I hope they get a few decent Italian meals down their collective necks for their trouble.
Iirc from Michael Moore film 'sicko' they are the world's biggest global humanitarian medical provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.