Brexit Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russian troops driving through Italian streets. Russian flags on every vehicle.

Not a starry sphincter in sight.

What were the odds on ItXit again?
Increasing, if people continue to be hood-winked.

'Labeled “From Russia with Love”, planes and trucks bore giant stickers showing heart-shaped Russian and Italian flags next to one another.

'By contrast, NATO airlifts of urgent medical supplies to European allies have not grabbed public attention. The European Union has faced delays obtaining face masks and other protective gear while EU governments have closed borders to one another.

'NATO militaries are active flying sick patients to hospitals, delivering beds and repatriating citizens, although NATO has not deployed its own biological protection units.

“This is a big success story for Putin. I think the Italians have fallen into a trap,” said a senior NATO diplomat, although he noted that Italy was now receiving more support directly from the alliance. Spain has also requested direct NATO help.'[/I}

'Around 80% of the coronavirus supplies that Russia has sent to Italy are “useless,” the country’s La Stampa daily reported Wednesday, citing high-level political sources.

'Russia sent 600 ventilators and 100 military virologists and epidemiologists to Italy following talks between President Vladimir Putin and Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte last Saturday. Footage of Russian military trucks en route from Rome to the coronavirus epicenter of Bergamo circulated online this week. “Eighty percent of Russian supplies are totally useless or of little use to Italy. In short, this is little more than a pretext,” an unnamed source told La Stampa. The source said the Russian supplies consist of disinfection equipment, a field laboratory for sterilization and chemical prevention, and other similar tools.

'La Stampa’s sources claimed that Putin is pursuing geopolitical and diplomatic opportunities with the aid package dubbed “From Russia With Love,” while Conte accepted the aid in order to secure a good personal relationship with Moscow.'

If a member is clearly far too polarised in their beliefs to admit they were wrong, then why bother trying to convince them otherwise?

There's an old saying - never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I've said many times on this thread, knock it off with the personal bullshit. All it does is expose your lack of debating prowess by having to resort to ad hom crap.
Can’t argue with you there :-D

Cough Cough.

Why

Great mates eh :oops: :oops:
Keep spreading the Chinese propaganda; I'm sure there's a medal for you somewhere.

'Spain said it found that rapid coronavirus tests bought from China did not consistently identify positive cases and would return them to the manufacturer.'

Increasing, if people continue to be hood-winked.

'Labeled “From Russia with Love”, planes and trucks bore giant stickers showing heart-shaped Russian and Italian flags next to one another.

'By contrast, NATO airlifts of urgent medical supplies to European allies have not grabbed public attention. The European Union has faced delays obtaining face masks and other protective gear while EU governments have closed borders to one another.

'NATO militaries are active flying sick patients to hospitals, delivering beds and repatriating citizens, although NATO has not deployed its own biological protection units.

“This is a big success story for Putin. I think the Italians have fallen into a trap,” said a senior NATO diplomat, although he noted that Italy was now receiving more support directly from the alliance. Spain has also requested direct NATO help.'[/I}

'Around 80% of the coronavirus supplies that Russia has sent to Italy are “useless,” the country’s La Stampa daily reported Wednesday, citing high-level political sources.

'Russia sent 600 ventilators and 100 military virologists and epidemiologists to Italy following talks between President Vladimir Putin and Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte last Saturday. Footage of Russian military trucks en route from Rome to the coronavirus epicenter of Bergamo circulated online this week. “Eighty percent of Russian supplies are totally useless or of little use to Italy. In short, this is little more than a pretext,” an unnamed source told La Stampa. The source said the Russian supplies consist of disinfection equipment, a field laboratory for sterilization and chemical prevention, and other similar tools.

'La Stampa’s sources claimed that Putin is pursuing geopolitical and diplomatic opportunities with the aid package dubbed “From Russia With Love,” while Conte accepted the aid in order to secure a good personal relationship with Moscow.'

So NATO, Russia, China and Cuba are helping in Italy.

The eu are f*cking about at something or other.

So NATO, Russia, China and Cuba are helping in Italy.

The eu are f*cking about at something or other.
And 21 of those NATO nations are EU members.

Keep spreading the Chinese propaganda; I'm sure there's a medal for you somewhere.

'Spain said it found that rapid coronavirus tests bought from China did not consistently identify positive cases and would return them to the manufacturer.'

I have enough medals, thanks anyway

WSJ

Reuters

Are they spreading propaganda also ? Do you think they might want a medal ?

Whaddayouknow. We have another oil regulation gauge.

Let's not conflate the two.

NATO and EU are two distinct organisations. Much as the eu would love to jump on their back.

Say it with me

'nato is not EU, EU is definitely not NATO.'
Just for my own understanding, are NATO the ones who got their hands dirty in the recent European wars and the EU are the ones who watched from the sidelines?

EU endgame?

a little snippet from the BBC

“Italy was already one of the EU's most Eurosceptic member states before Covid-19 hit. Italian Twitter was littered with expletives on Thursday - and those were just the posts from politicians.​
President Emmanuel Macron of France is said to have told leaders the political reaction after the crisis could spell the end of the EU.“
Can EU get a grip on coronavirus?

These idiots still don't get it. Looking at the language from the EU it's all about dickwaving as the 'worlds biggest economic bloc' to drive down costs. Within reason feck costs, we need the machines and the supplies. So a hell of a lot better to be able to negotiate with the authority to do a deal immediately and funds good to go than fanny about in a multi staged process that requires agreement by 28 countries with wildly varying financial resources.
The buyer is desperate and the EU doesn't operate well from a position of weakness.. As you say, this is about trying to look relevant in a crisis that has already passed the EU by. IF say in December the EU ahead of everyone else did this and also shut down free movement, then it would have shown relevance, but it failed that test.

All the EU really has is other peoples money and fake notes to dole out and keep the political establishments in those 27 member states on the payroll.

These idiots still don't get it. Looking at the language from the EU it's all about dickwaving as the 'worlds biggest economic bloc' to drive down costs. Within reason feck costs, we need the machines and the supplies. So a hell of a lot better to be able to negotiate with the authority to do a deal immediately and funds good to go than fanny about in a multi staged process that requires agreement by 28 countries with wildly varying financial resources.
Within engineering you can have any two of the following characteristics.
Cheap
Quick
Reliable.

Which two characteristics are the most important for ventilators to help with COVID-19?

Which of the above characteristics mark a typical EU project? We'll include 'none of the above' as well.

Truxx

LE
Well, they certainly won't allocate any of them now. The incompetence of the UK administration, whether a 'lost email' or other, ideological, buffoonery, is breath-taking.
And their incompetence has increased manifold now they are all " working from home"

A 40 minute conversation earlier with a representative from Eden District Council Who was, apparently sitting at her kitchen table with a laptop she could not get to work) resulted in me being advised to "ring back this afternoon".

And their incompetence has increased manifold now they are all " working from home"

A 40 minute conversation earlier with a representative from Eden District Council Who was, apparently sitting at her kitchen table with a laptop she could not get to work) resulted in me being advised to "ring back this afternoon".
I suspect fallout from the 'return to normal' whenever we have that, will be like kit accounting post-Atlantic Conveyer: the ultimate 'no liability' excuse for everything.

I'd go easy on the staff, I spent an hour on Monday (I'm on fecking holliday as well) taking someone through remote access to a client site. She is far from stupid, depending on the system in use it can be confusing if you haven't had training.

20/20 hindsight will say everyone should have been trained and oh BTW, you can't raise council taxes.

Truxx

LE
I suspect fallout from the 'return to normal' whenever we have that, will be like kit accounting post-Atlantic Conveyer: the ultimate 'no liability' excuse for everything.
And in EDCs case they will revert back from the current state of "as much use as mudflaps on a tortoise" to just plain old "bleedin hopeless."

I should be more charitable I know, but they should have the motto

"Never Knowingly Helpful" above the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.