Brexit Endgame

If we get a quick FTA with the EU, it probably won't be a good one; close alignment; probably very much of a Brino.

BoJo will hopefully
remove the focus from the negotiations; turn the perception of it into something that's boring; so the media and Jo Public aren't wailing about it on a daily basis, and take the time to hammer out a decent deal.

Even if that means it takes a couple of years.

Revoke and 2nd referendum are off the table, so no need to rush stuff.

Leaving the EU is a bit like recovery from drugs and alcoholism; it usually takes a long time to get into a mess, and it can take a long time to get out of it.

I'd rather an extra year or two in transition than a rushed - on time - Brino.
I am one of those concerned about the possibility of a Soft BREXIT/BINO, that is now been speculated upon by the MSM.

However, I take some consolation, from the continued presence of the Machiavellian, Svengali like, "Rasputin", within No10 . . . that is Dominic Cummings !!

He did not engineer the Referendum; he did not manipulate this election; merely to see Boris waste all that effort, by conceding at the very end.

+ + + + + + + + + + +

Whilst exposing and articulating their naïve persistence and adherence to their preferred outcome - the closest possible relationship with the EU - the MSM suggest that with such a large Parliamentary majority, Prime Minister Boris Johnson will no longer be beholden to the “Hard Line” ERG (European Research Group) for their support . . . and that this will allow PMBJ to back-peddle, row-back, and acquiesce to whatever BRINO that the EU dictate.

ALTERNATIVELY . . . with such a large Parliamentary majority devoid of “remainers”, I would suggest that PMBJ (directed by Dominic Cummings !!), will now be able to adopt the most hard-line of hard-line positions - whilst negotiating to the EU - and he will be able to deliver the WTO Terms/“No Deal” departure from the EU, that is hoped for by the “Hard Line” ERG, and many, many, of those who just voted for the Conservatives for the very first time!!

Last edited:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sounding bitter there, Sixty.

But I think Titania nails it...

When I've said that I'm purposefully stepping away from the thread it's probably a good idea not to quote stuff that makes you look like a 'loooooooooooook at me' prick, yes?

Don't forget the Fixed Term Parliament Act.
From nowhere it proved to be an absolute show stopper and for the life of me I cannot work out why the idiot Clegg insisted on it in the first place.
Maybe his little joke on the rest of us as an idiotic legacy, certainly made its mark.

I would hope that Boris has got its repeal pencilled in as a matter of urgency.
I would think that Clegg had the FTA agreed as it meant his little mob could retain what little power they had during their tenure with the Tories for at least five years.

When I've said that I'm purposefully stepping away from the thread it's probably a good idea not to quote stuff that makes you look like a 'loooooooooooook at me' prick, yes?
And yet you're still here.

You're like a drunk that says he's going, yet keeps on hanging around and making a noise.

Are you going to offer me out for a fight again?

If we get a quick FTA with the EU, it probably won't be a good one; close alignment; probably very much of a Brino . . .

I'd rather an extra year or two in transition than a rushed - on time - Brino.
This flow-chart (from the Express), shows that we can be out with "No Deal", at the end of next year. I presume that they mean leaving on WTO terms. This seems (almost) guaranteed, as I can't see Boris compromising over fishing-rights!!

1576365626381.png

I would much prefer that we declare we are leaving A.S.A.P., on "No Deal"/WTO terms; we can then/will stop paying anything/everything to Brussels; and, we can start NOW, negotiating the serious post-WTO terms relationship.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
And yet you're still here.

You're like a drunk that says he's going, yet keeps on hanging around and making a noise.

Are you going to offer me out for a fight again?
Crack on mate. Continue to draw attention to yourself as you clearly wish. It's what you want. Go for it.

Feel free to also have the last word if that makes you tumescent.

I see the pubs are shut and the local garage has run out of meths.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
That's right, run away to your safe space like a good little snowflake.

Bye bye.x
Sorry. You called me out for not responding then 'running away'? **** you, you hypocritical prick. Make your mind up.

. . . . I can't see Boris compromising over fishing-rights!!
For that to happen, I'd suggest PMBJ will first have to sack Michael Gove, who has already promised to his Scottish ancestors that "we will take back control of our fisheries"; and, I really do think (I hope !!), that Dominic Cummings will continue to direct proceedings/negotiations ;) .

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Press release published by the Government, on 25 October 2018

Gove launches Fisheries Bill to take back control of UK waters

Bill creates powers to build a sustainable, profitable UK fishing industry and deliver a Green Brexit with new protections for our precious marine environment.

I’m going to bed now.

Would it be too much to ask others to “play nicely” ?! ;) .

I am one of those concerned about the possibility of a Soft BREXIT/BINO, that is now been speculated upon by the MSM.

However, I take some consolation, from the continued presence of the Machiavellian, Svengali like, "Rasputin", within No10 . . . that is Dominic Cummings !!

He did not engineer the Referendum; he did not manipulate this election; merely to see Boris waste all that effort, by conceding at the very end.

+ + + + + + + + + + +

Whilst exposing and articulating their naïve persistence and adherence to their preferred outcome - the closest possible relationship with the EU - the MSM suggest that with such a large Parliamentary majority, Prime Minister Boris Johnson will no longer be beholden to the “Hard Line” ERG (European Research Group) for their support . . . and that this will allow PMBJ to back-peddle, row-back, and acquiesce to whatever BRINO that the EU dictate.

ALTERNATIVELY . . . with such a large Parliamentary majority devoid of “remainers”, I would suggest that PMBJ (directed by Dominic Cummings !!), will now be able to adopt the most hard-line of hard-line positions - whilst negotiating to the EU - and he will be able to deliver the WTO Terms/“No Deal” departure from the EU, that is hoped for by the “Hard Line” ERG, and many, many, of those who just voted for the Conservatives for the very first time!!
this is the same MSM that called everything wrong this last three and a half years?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Having just received a Google notification of an Express article (yes I know. It was Google wot dun it Guv) suggesting that suddenly a big Boris majority means Merkel, Juncker et al think they can string him out forever in search of a Brexit so soft they can tie us in forever, I now expect at the very least the very real threat of a No Deal Brexit sooner rather than later, to focus their minds.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1217328/brexit-news-eu-latest-boris-johnson-angela-merkel
The problem the EU now has is multi faceted.
  1. A lot of the Tory party - and a lot of the electorate - are less than pleased by how the EU has conducted negotiations thus far. It BoJo takes a harder line in the future, that problem is partially self created.
  2. With the size of BoJo's majority, he can get what legislation he like through parliament.
  3. The EU (now the UK has left) is just 14% of world trade. There is six times as big a market outside of the EU as there is in it. [Although transport to - for example the Australian market - will take longer].
  4. The EU is a market in decline - down from 30% of world trade in the 80's to just 14% now. A lot of that is due to the taxation and regulatory requirements in the EU being greater than in much of the rest of the world.
  5. The UK can improve its international competitiveness by slowly lowering taxes and binning unnecessary regulations.
  6. Good odds the UK increasingly faces away from the EU towards the rest of the world.
The ultimate reason for leaving the EU is an economic one. The EU's share of the world market is in long term decline. By engaging with the rest of the world, the UK can tie itself into a more vibrant economy. And ultimately the success of Brexit will be judged on economic grounds. If we grow faster than the EU average over the next couple of decades, it will be a success - if we grow slower, it will be judged a failure.

So the next couple of years of negotiations, carried out by BoJo and his government, will be critical. Effective negotiation will start the UK on an upwards trajectory again; poor negotiation and the UK is in the smeg.

So, it's over to BoJo - the long term prosperity of the UK is now in his hands. And the EU now has little influence over his decisions.

Wordsmith

this is the same MSM that called everything wrong this last three and a half years?
I'd suggest the MSM, are trying to make the best of the new situation, and hoping to influence, mislead, the public, that Boris's warmed-over PMTM's BRINO "agreement" is a "good thing", as it is all the MSM have left to cling to!! :) .

I can already imagine the(ir) negative comments, when it becomes obvious we are heading for (hopefully), a WTO terms/hard BREXIT :) .

D

Deleted 24582

Sorry. You called me out for not responding then 'running away'? **** you, you hypocritical prick. Make your mind up.
Aren’t you a bit older? So you can’t be a snowflake...

Latest Threads