Brexit Endgame

In his book SuperCrunchers: Why Thinking by Numbers Is the New Way to Be Smart, Ian Ayres wrote about Orley Ashenfelter, who gained fame and generated considerable controversy by using statistical models to predict the quality of wine. Ashenfelter developed a model based on decades of data from France's Bordeaux region, which Ayres reports as WineQuality = 12.145 + 0.00117 Winter Rain +0.0614 Average Temp -0.00386Harvest Rain +€ where WineQuality is a function of the price, rainfall is measured in millimeters, and temperature is measured in degrees Celsius. a. Identify the response variable in this model. Is it quantitative or categorical? b. Identify the explanatory variables in this model. Are they quantitative or categorical? c. According to this model, is higher wine quality associated with more or with less winter rainfall? d. According to this model, is higher wine quality associated with more or with less harvest rainfall? e. According to this model, is higher wine quality associated with more or with less average growing season temperature

ACAB

LE
More than a slight exaggeration there sir. The official figures for the population of England is 56 million. Even with the amount of illegal immigrants in the UK, I doubt that it is anywhere near that number. Although admittedly, it may seem that way in London!
The top supermarkets have the population as 80 million. And that was in 1996.

I tell you who has been flucking quiet recently: Xavier Bettel or Beetle or something.

This was the PM of some pissy little bit of the EU, who decided to have a laugh at Boris J, set him up in front of a bunch of Remainder losers, then took the piss when Boris was a no show.

This is Luxembourg, who rank with Lithuania in EU budget contributions.

I wonder how he feels now, when he tells his countrymen to put their hands in thier pockets.

I tell you who has been flucking quiet recently: Xavier Bettel or Beetle or something.

This was the PM of some pissy little bit of the EU, who decided to have a laugh at Boris J, set him up in front of a bunch of Remainder losers, then took the piss when Boris was a no show.

This is Luxembourg, who rank with Lithuania in EU budget contributions.

I wonder how he feels now, when he tells his countrymen to put their hands in thier pockets.

I think Luxembourg is a lot richer than Lithuania but I agree with your sentiments.

I think Luxembourg is a lot richer than Lithuania but I agree with your sentiments.
Luxembourg UE budget contributions 241,439,011

Lithuania EU budget contributions 221,997,405

In fact Slovenia contributes more to the EU than Luxembourg - by a lot.

Luxembourg gets back considerably more from the EU than it puts in.

Bettel tried desperately to play the clever cu nt. Now he doesn't have a pot to piss in.

The UK isnt a charitable organisation for the benefit of fat european ******* I think Bettel is about to discover this to his cost.

Ah yes, the good old “do what I tell you to do, but dont do what I do”

The EU's lead Brexit trade negotiator Mr Barnier banged his fists on the lectern in a speech just two days ago as he demanded Boris Johnson respect the EU's so-called level playing field, and the iron-clad rules on state aid. But today it emerged Brussels had effectively turned a blind eye for a year to the Italian government's decision to pump almost £350million (€400million) into Alitalia to prop up the ailing airline in defiance of EU anti-competition rules. Only today, after Mr Barnier's speech, was the investigation announced.

Lying turds.

Where are those remainders? The ones who bleat about level playing friends.....

They are just as stupid.

Luxembourg UE budget contributions 241,439,011

Lithuania EU budget contributions 221,997,405

In fact Slovenia contributes more to the EU than Luxembourg - by a lot.

Luxembourg gets back considerably more from the EU than it puts in.

Bettel tried desperately to play the clever cu nt. Now he doesn't have a pot to piss in.

The UK isnt a charitable organisation for the benefit of fat european ******* I think Bettel is about to discover this to his cost.
Such a small contribution from such a seemingly rich country.
I'm sure that given the amount of corruption in the EU, it wouldn't have anything to do with Junker, the former PM of Luxembourg, being the former president of the EU.

I'm sure that given the amount of corruption in the EU, it wouldn't have anything to do with Junker, the former PM of Luxembourg, being the former president of the EU.
The EU isn't what it tries to look like.

It is a sinister, evil cross between the Eastern Block Mk2 and the mafia.

They talk grandly about using UK money to improve the lives of ALL citizens, but make sure they don't pay it themselves. Much better to use other peoples money, just as rich movie stars and pop singers lecture us on spending our money on the needy, while salting their money away in tax havens.

Until now they have used UK money, not Luxembourg money, but have the cheek to attack Boris.

Fluk them.

What SHOULD have happened at the Bessel speech is the remainder protesters should have been rounded up, had all their money drained out of their accounts, house deeds handed over etc, and given to Luxembourg.

But oh dear no, that wouldn't go down well.

And most people crack the top off and skull it, ignoring the “let it breath” advice.
Always let it breath. and serve at the correct temperature.

I've got a nice cool wine cellar and one of those wine cooler things, like a fridge with a see through door so people who visit know I have taste. Takes 28 bottles, but you always feel guilty that people think you're a raging alcoholic if it isn't full(ish).

And did I read something above about wine with curry? No, that's what Cobra, Kingfisher and another I can't remember are for.

Luxembourg paying in the same as Lithuania I can sort of get... size and all that. But the EU paying out to Luxembourg? Why?

Breakdown of Luxembourg’s finances with the EU in 2017:
  • Total EU spending in Luxembourg: € 1.827 billion
  • Total EU spending as % of Luxembourg gross national income (GNI): 4.97 %
  • Total Luxembourg contribution to the EU budget: € 0.307 billion
  • Luxembourg contribution to the EU budget as % of its GNI: 0.84 %
You've got to be sh*tting me. We're paying one of the richest countries in Europe approx. €1.5 billion of British tax payers' money. No wonder they f*cking love the EU... I'd love the EU if it were paying the UK €1.5 billion for every €300 million we put in. We'd be united as a nation of remainers.

Breakdown of Lithuania’s finances with the EU in 2017:
  • Total EU spending in Lithuania: € 1.575 billion
  • Total EU spending as % of Lithuanian gross national income (GNI): 3.90 %
  • Total Lithuanian contribution to the EU budget: € 0.274 billion
  • Lithuanian contribution to the EU budget as % of its GNI: 0.68 %
Breakdown of Latvia’s finances with the EU in 2017:
  • Total EU spending in Latvia: € 0.737 billion
  • Total EU spending as % of Latvian gross national income (GNI): 2.76 %
  • Total Latvian contribution to the EU budget: € 0.184 billion
  • Latvian contribution to the EU budget as % of its GNI: 0.69 %

UK isn't even mentioned on the above page as a former cash cow... er, I mean member.

A lot of EUrocrats have tried to be clever. They are forgetting, we are PERFIDIOUS ALBION.

Or to put it a different way, we're the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (it'd be nice if the Paddies rejoined but). We're the ones who had a global empire and ran the world properly, stood up for Europe when all had fallen under the heel of the Nazi jack boot, ruled the waves, invented gravity, and lots of other things I really can't be bothered to list here.

Simple fact though. We have the word Great in our title. Need I go on?

Latest Threads