Brexit Endgame

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
I don’t accept the one party concept. It’s 2020 we know that group ideas work. Having Labour and the Tory’s constantly at each other’s throats when one has actually got a good idea is just Victorian to me. labour and the Tory’s handing over power, year after year, making the same bloody mistakes.
You do write some shit. Your country, your voters, your parliament, your mess - don't blame Westminster for your ills.

Because our economy is doing better than the Irish at the moment ? Really ?
Sovereignity is nothing to do with the economy, as the first is measured by centuries and the second by quarters..... The only argument remain ever made sense, was the one of timing and the argument that, now is the wrong time. For the very reason, that once the scots/welsh or irish nationalists have gained freedom, then all the surpressed separatism within that nation comes to light.

All the talk of red walls in England is an indicator that english regional separatism hasn't gone away. We're all better off in a union of nations which have a common heritage and values, broadly speak the same language and live on the same island.

I forgot to to mention huge 16 parking spaces and awful bus service to get to the station, and the fact more was spent on one tube station in London last year than on the whole of the railway infrastructure in Wales last year. Then again seeing as you know it all, about everything I am sure you will come back with some other little ditty to be a smart Alec.
One London tube station probably has a greater number of passengers than Wales.

Google reckons 5 million passenger journeys every day on the London tube.
One and a half times the population of Wales.

Hainaut to Ealing Broadway (tube) is 23 miles and takes 55 minutes. Pretty much the same as 4 x 2s journey to Cardiff.

Chesham to Finchley Road - 23.5 miles - 1hr 18mins.

Looks like you’re actually better off in Wales.

Last edited:
No option it was that or the dole old chap. My mother was livid, spent 3 years as an apprentice on pants money. 21 years of age with no hope for the future in the valleys. I don’t blame thatcher for closing the pits. I blame her for the devastation it left behind.
Look you, budd.
A few of us spent some time yesterday pointing out the fact that Labour governments closed more pits than the Tories did and provided facts af figure with links.
All you are doing is highlighting how stupid you are.
I'll ignore your baiting from now on.

Looks like you’re actually better off in Wales.
Unpossible!! Because
Pit closures (all those years ago)
Maggie Thatcher (not been in power and dead for a looong time)
Westmonster (despite having their own assembly which controls where/how money is spent)
It's just not fair waaaaaaaahhh!

We've long been America's poodle, walting as a bulldog.
Well that was really the gamble of needing America to win the war. Plus they're about six times our size in population who ironically include Welsh, Irish, Scots and English. The Paradox here is that Trump doesn't really want to play world policeman here, but it can't ditch its legacy, anymore than we can by having won the war and lost the peace.

Well that was really the gamble of needing America to win the war. Plus they're about six times our size in population who ironically include Welsh, Irish, Scots and English. The Paradox here is that Trump doesn't really want to play world policeman here, but it can't ditch its legacy, anymore than we can by having won the war and lost the peace.
Ooooh, a few people won't like that ugly truth :)..... The world is always changing and nation states who evolve, tend to be stronger than those who try and freeze time. Remain accuses us of living in the 1950s, when in truth, its our remain friends who want to keep the world like the 1990s.

The paradox of remain is most of them don't seem to understand the process in europe can't be frozen and either evolves into a superstate or will eventually meet some event that rips it apart.. Given events of that nature have often resulted in war, means our remain friends are the worst kind of europeans.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Meanwhile the French are not happy bunnies...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/02/28/boris-johnson-news-latest-brexit-trade-deal-heathrow/
She indicated that it was possible for a deal to be done by 31 December, but described it as an "artificial deadline". The minister expressed her willingness to delay the end of the transition period by as long as six months, adding that: "Substance is more important than deadlines."
It may have escaped the France's Europe minister, but the only way the EU is going to sign a deal without endless procrastination is if BoJo sets a date and sticks to it.
"We did not accept cherry-picking from the UK in the first half of negotiations, we will not accept it now," Amélie de Montchalin told an audience at Chatham House, dismissing the Prime Minister's suggestion that the UK could pursue an Australian-style relationship with the bloc as "for the birds".
It may also have escaped France's Europe minister, but if nothing is signed by 31st December 2020, we will automatically be in an Australia type relationship (i.e. WTO terms). And given BoJo sees WTO terms as workable, hoping he chickens out at 11.59 on the 31st December may not be the smartest of strategies.

Finally, given the state of a lot of French industry, there's no self interest in maintaining the integrity of the EU's protectionist single market - no sireee....

Wordsmith

Ooooh, a few people won't like that ugly truth :)..... The world is always changing and nation states who evolve, tend to be stronger than those who try and freeze time. Remain accuses us of living in the 1950s, when in truth, its our remain friends who want to keep the world like the 1990s.

The paradox of remain is most of them don't seem to understand the process in europe can't be frozen and either evolves into a superstate or will eventually meet some event that rips it apart.. Given events of that nature have often resulted in war, means our remain friends are the worst kind of europeans.
One of the things I’ve learned is no action is inevitable, unless it appears so and the alternative is unpalatable. That’s what kills people.

You agree then that we're America's bitch?

No we are not America's bitch.
But we are generally on the same side as democracies and they have a bigger voice through their size and wealth.
Having the USA on our side has been very beneficial in two World Wars, something the XLW would like to deny and sensible people should acknowledge.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
America is serving UK interests at the moment by being a convenient stick to beat the EU over the head with.

Plus, the US will be happy to sign a FTA with us, because it will more more of a market for US goods (which we will lever to sell more goods into the US).

Wordsmith

Latest Threads